KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Comet & The Weird vs. Fernus & Manchester Black

Captain Comet & The Weird vs. Fernus & Manchester Black
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Captain Comet & The Weird vs. Fernus & Manchester Black

Who wins?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:03 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I think Captain Comet is the only one to appear Post-FLASHPOINT? Either way, I'm leaning towards T2 despite how ridiculously powerful The Weird was(at least in his limited series). I don't recall J'onn trying telepathy, so I don't think he showed any defense, and I have a hard time believing Comet could beat both Manchester and Fernus telepathically. I could be wrong, though.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:11 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Pre-DCnU Comet would be able to shield and resist Manchester and Fenrus. DCnU I dunno.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:35 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Pre-DCnU Comet would be able to shield and resist Manchester and Fenrus. DCnU I dunno.

What did he do that makes you think he could?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 03:40 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Delta1938
What did he do that makes you think he could?

Pre DCnU he was an Class A Telepath who could shield himself and others from Synaar in the Rhann Thanagar War IIRC. When his body was destroyed and he got a new one his mental powers were enchanced even more, though his physical attributes dropped.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 09:26 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

O_o ?? I can understand someone saying that about pre COIE/classic Comet (hevwas a beast), but post crisis pre 52?? Really??? He never impressed me at all.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:48 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Pre 52 comet was way more powerful then current 52 comet. Teenage version of comet basically was physically weaker then his classic form, but had stronger telepathy and telekinesis (stated in the comics)

Also black recently appeared in the 52. Hasn't done anything yet

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:53 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by -K-M-
Pre 52 comet was way more powerful then current 52 comet. Teenage version of comet basically was physically weaker then his classic form, but had stronger telepathy and telekinesis (stated in the comics)

Also black recently appeared in the 52. Hasn't done anything yet

Stated where, and no offense but what supports the statement. Pre Crisis in Secret Society of Super Villains series where he spent most of the time hunting them while living in the JLA Satellite he had TP and TK feats almost off the chart.

TP scanned an entire dimension
TK held a time votex open and carried a large space craft through it
Mentally over powered Power Ring and shattered his power batter with his mental power (we're talkning about mentally shattering a SA GL lantern here)

In DC comics Presents (the issue when the Superman villain overmind took his mental power) he could matter manipulate with his TK

The vast majority of his post Crisis appearances however were in LEGION and REBELS and he did practically nothing of note. He'd need a LOT of bloody good feats to average out that many( 70+) showings of blahh IMO

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 03:13 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

It was stated in mystery in space when he was talking about his new body. I agree with you. Classic comet has the vastly superior feats. I did the respect thread afterall.

Teenage comet doesn't have many feats except easily mind controlling bizarro

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 27th, 2014 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 09:29 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by -K-M-
It was stated in mystery in space when he was talking about his new body. I agree with you. Classic comet has the vastly superior feats. I did the respect thread afterall.

Teenage comet doesn't have many feats except easily mind controlling bizarro

I'll have to check it out.
Yeah Classic Comet was boss.
Oh and I've had a skim through your respect thread (Nice BTW). and the guy I called Overmind was Brainstorm with the crazy cone helmet (what can I say I'm and old fart, memory isn't the first thing to go either)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 08:02 AM