KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mammoth Vs Rhino

Mammoth Vs Rhino
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Mammoth Vs Rhino

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:00 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Probably Mammoth. At least in the comics he isn't quite the joke that Rhino has become.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:23 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

IIRC Mammoth couldn't lift 60 or 80 tons during the Byrne era. I would say Rhino is stronger and wins this, both have a limited int though.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:24 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
IIRC Mammoth couldn't lift 60 or 80 tons during the Byrne era. I would say Rhino is stronger and wins this, both have a limited int though.

I remember that comic. Wasn't he in the 40 ton or less range? All the same this one will go to the smartest of the two.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 09:51 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Stoic
I remember that comic. Wasn't he in the 40 ton or less range? All the same this one will go to the smartest of the two.

Found it
In an old The Adventures of Superman from 1987, he wasn't able to lift 67 tons more then some inches. But maybe he got stronger since then

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 10:03 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Yep, it was sketched by Bogdanova or something like that. I remember those stories well. I wish that I knew the issue of Superman where they had this guy fight him that looked very similar to Thanos. He kept telling Superman that he was strong, but not strong enough to be worthy of his race or some such. Superman then pastes him with a heavy hit, which he nearly was able to get up from but passed out. I really want to get my hands on the Byrne run from issues 1-20. They had some of my favorite Superman stories.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 10:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

How strong is Rhino on average?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 10:30 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Golgo13
How strong is Rhino on average?

80 tonner I think.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 10:52 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Yep, it was sketched by Bogdanova or something like that. I remember those stories well. I wish that I knew the issue of Superman where they had this guy fight him that looked very similar to Thanos. He kept telling Superman that he was strong, but not strong enough to be worthy of his race or some such. Superman then pastes him with a heavy hit, which he nearly was able to get up from but passed out. I really want to get my hands on the Byrne run from issues 1-20. They had some of my favorite Superman stories.

Yeah, what I liked about the stories was that Superman wasn't so allpowerful, he was often more like a mid or low herald, needed oxygen in space and such. It was very enjoyable to read those stories.

You mean this guy?
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 10:56 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Yeah, what I liked about the stories was that Superman wasn't so allpowerful, he was often more like a mid or low herald, needed oxygen in space and such. It was very enjoyable to read those stories.

You mean this guy?

Nah that's not him. The guy that I'm talking about was actually purple. It was before the War World story began when he wandered into deep space and was hit by those missiles. Mid 80's I think.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:06 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Nah that's not him. The guy that I'm talking about was actually purple. It was before the War World story began when he wandered into deep space and was hit by those missiles. Mid 80's I think.

Oh you mean mongul then ^^.

http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com...4/01/Mongul.jpg

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:11 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Was he purple or dressed in purple?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:14 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Oh you mean mongul then ^^.

http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com...4/01/Mongul.jpg

I don't think that it was Mongul. I believe that his face was purple as well. Do you remember when he fought that huge robot that resembled the Juggernaut? I mean only in shape, but was much larger than Cain. Well the guy that I'm talking about was around, just after that period. I'm sure that it wasn't Mongul though.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:29 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I don't think that it was Mongul. I believe that his face was purple as well. Do you remember when he fought that huge robot that resembled the Juggernaut? I mean only in shape, but was much larger than Cain. Well the guy that I'm talking about was around, just after that period. I'm sure that it wasn't Mongul though.

I'm looking through my Superman comics of that era and will try to find it for you.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:34 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I tried google, but i couldn't find the book that I'm talking about. All I can say is, that at that time this guy was a beast. I recall reading it, and thinking Supes was toast, but then he pulled it out at the end with a heavy punch that sent the guy flying. I have to really find a way to get those comics on my PC.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:39 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Delta1938
I'm looking through my Superman comics of that era and will try to find it for you.

When I saw Mongul dressed like that, I almost thought that it was him, but I clearly recall this guy having purple skin. it certainly wasn't Draaga though. He showed up a lot later.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:42 PM
Senor Cage

Ultraa?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:43 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I tried google, but i couldn't find the book that I'm talking about. All I can say is, that at that time this guy was a beast. I recall reading it, and thinking Supes was toast, but then he pulled it out at the end with a heavy punch that sent the guy flying. I have to really find a way to get those comics on my PC.

When I saw Mongul dressed like that, I almost thought that it was him, but I clearly recall this guy having purple skin. it certainly wasn't Draaga though. He showed up a lot later.

This guy?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:46 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Nah he actually looked humanoid. let me ask you. Did Mongul fight Superman during that era, and if so, do you have the fight? I'm actually starting to think that maybe I got it mixed up, and it was Mongul. I just could have sworn that this guys face was purple as well.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:52 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 11:56 PM