KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Suicide Squad

Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Suicide Squad
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Guardians of the Galaxy vs. Suicide Squad

Starlord
Drax
Groot
Rocket Raccoon
Gamora

Vs

Deathstroke
Black Manta
King Shark
Killer Frost
Cheetah

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:54 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Team 1

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:56 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gamora and Drax walk all over the entire Suicide Squad. Maybe Killer Frost with her absolute zero ice powers could do something, but she's not exactly the brightest with her powers..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:57 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Cheetah is there. She would kill gamora especially with the zoom upgrade.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 03:05 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
it's not specified so we have to automatically assume that this is the new 52 version.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 03:58 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by deathslash
it's not specified so we have to automatically assume that this is the new 52 version.

New 52 version would be worse. She infected the likes of Superman with just a scratch. And surprised him with speed.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:16 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Speed is not the be all and end all of every comic battle. Gamora may not be as fast, but her agility, superior fighting skill, and all around experience would more than even things up. Gamora is no joke.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:28 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Stoic
Speed is not the be all and end all of every comic battle. Gamora may not be as fast, but her agility, superior fighting skill, and all around experience would more than even things up. Gamora is no joke.

Not with the 52 version of CHeetah.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:30 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Not with the 52 version of CHeetah.

What you aren't understanding, is that Gamora is far from the slow, and sluggish character that you may believe her to be. I saw what Cheetah did to an inexperienced JL. That team was green, and hardly as good as you may be alluding to.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:35 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What you aren't understanding, is that Gamora is far from the slow, and sluggish character that you may believe her to be. I saw what Cheetah did to an inexperienced JL. That team was green, and hardly as good as you may be alluding to.

Well, show some scans of Gamora facing off against someone who is equally as fast.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:37 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Well, show some scans of Gamora facing off against someone who is equally as fast.

She fought against Angela who is being touted as being a very fast character. In comics, the writers often even up movement speed with agility, and combat prowess, which is what Spider Man has been doing for decades. Cheetah was also using her speed while Superman wasn't. The Flash was also not using his full speed either. I have to go back and check out the encounter, but I don't recall Cheetah as being this unstoppable light speedster in that jungle.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:42 AM
Senor Cage

She fought against Angela who is being touted as being a very fast character. In comics, the writers often even up movement speed with agility, and combat prowess, which is what Spider Man has been doing for decades. Cheetah was also using her speed while Superman wasn't. The Flash was also not using his full speed either. I have to go back and check out the encounter, but I don't recall Cheetah as being this unstoppable light speedster in that jungle.

It was still impressive, because it only took one bite to infect him. And she affected his durability and senses. He didn't even notice her. Gamora has no defense against that.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:46 AM
Stoic
Avenger

It was still impressive, because it only took one bite to infect him. And she affected his durability and senses. He didn't even notice her. Gamora has no defense against that.

Gamora has a pretty decent HF, but it is true, she has been hurt by poisons from a Bounty Hunter. This however could have been due to one sided prep. Again, Gamora is a far better fighter, and martial artist than most people in the JL. Her fighting prowess can't just be dismissed as a non factor. Gamora is strong enough to kick multiple tanks out of commission, or take apart a Hulk level character. She dropped heavy hitters with a poke. I think Cheetah wold by a huge challenge to her, but I'd give Gamorra the majority for the simple fact that she is a far better fighter. Cheetah is hardly as graceful.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:52 AM
Senor Cage

Gamora has a pretty decent HF, but it is true, she has been hurt by poisons from a Bounty Hunter. This however could have been due to one sided prep. Again, Gamora is a far better fighter, and martial artist than most people in the JL. Her fighting prowess can't just be dismissed as a non factor. Gamora is strong enough to kick multiple tanks out of commission, or take apart a Hulk level character. She dropped heavy hitters with a poke. I think Cheetah wold by a huge challenge to her, but I'd give Gamorra the majority for the simple fact that she is a far better fighter. Cheetah is hardly as graceful.

Superman has a decent healing factor and Cheetah affected him. You're reaching here. Cheetah did ambush the JLA, but nobody could react to her. Superman saw her attack the Flash, Cyborg, and Batman, yet he didn't even see her coming. Impressive.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 07:53 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Superman has a decent healing factor and Cheetah affected him. You're reaching here. Cheetah did ambush the JLA, but nobody could react to her. Superman saw her attack the Flash, Cyborg, and Batman, yet he didn't even see her coming. Impressive.

So what are you saying? Cheetah is going to run up to Gamora, and blitz her, shredding her up without any reprisals, and then bite her? LOL No. Gamora is a far better fighter than most of the members on the JL, and a better fighter than Cheetah. I'm not reaching, she was schooling Maxim. If she fought Batman she would kick his butt worse than Zealot would. She's faster than a human can move, and far stronger, her agility is sick as well. Cheetah has speed, and that is all.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:06 AM
Senor Cage

Yes. If she can blitz the JLA, she can do the same to Gamora. Fighting Angela is cute, but it's nowhere near the speed of Flash or Superman.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:07 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Yes. If she can blitz the JLA, she can do the same to Gamora. Fighting Angela is cute, but it's nowhere near the speed of Flash or Superman.

Speed isn't everything, nor is it always the end all and be all in comics. Ability to perform, and the skill to put a beating on characters far above her tier has to be taken into consideration. Cheetah fights like an undisciplined savage, when compared to actual highly skilled combatants. Gamora wasn't given the title of the Universes most deadly woman for nothing. Angela would kill Cheetah, and cut her head off. Cute? Thor can throw his hammer pretty fast, and I doubt that he was pulling his punches when he tried to throw it through her head. She dodged it with ease. I just don't think that speed is the end all be all, because if it was, the Flash would beat Darkseid, instead of needing help from the JL.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:17 AM
Senor Cage

Speed isn't everything, nor is it always the end all and be all in comics. Ability to perform, and the skill to put a beating on characters far above her tier has to be taken into consideration. Cheetah fights like an undisciplined savage, when compared to actual highly skilled combatants. Gamora wasn't given the title of the Universes most deadly woman for nothing. Angela would kill Cheetah, and cut her head off. Cute? Thor can throw his hammer pretty fast, and I doubt that he was pulling his punches when he tried to throw it through her head. She dodged it with ease. I just don't think that speed it the end all be all, because if it was, the Flash would beat Darkseid, instead of needing help from the JL.

Yet, you haven't shown any relevant scans of Gamora facing off against someone as fast.

Cheetah has gone up against WW (who is a GOOD fighter in her own right and bested her in speed), has bested Flash's reaction time, and turned Superman into a mindless monster. I'm still going with CHeetah,

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:20 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Yet, you haven't shown any relevant scans of Gamora facing off against someone as fast.

Cheetah has gone up against WW (who is a GOOD fighter in her own right and bested her in speed), has bested Flash's reaction time, and turned Superman into a mindless monster. I'm still going with CHeetah,

Angela is fast enough to dodge the hammer at close range. that's fast enough for me to realize that Gamora has superhuman speed. She went blow for blow with Angela. none of the JL were actually using their speed either, and like you said Cheetah ambushed them in a jungle, which is her element. Superman acted as if all of his senses were turned off, and Cyborg's detection systems were tossed out the window as well. The JL was inexperienced as a team as well at that period in time.. PIS happens in many forms. I'll take Gamora.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:33 AM
Senor Cage

Angela is fast enough to dodge the hammer at close range. that's fast enough for me to realize that Gamora has superhuman speed. She went blow for blow with Angela. none of the JL were actually using their speed either, and like you said Cheetah ambushed them in a jungle, which is her element. Superman acted as if all of his senses were turned off, and Cyborg's detection systems were tossed out the window as well. The JL was inexperienced as a team as well at that period in time.. PIS happens in many forms. I'll take Gamora.

They weren't using their speed, because they couldn't counter hers. And seeing as Barry has defenses against attacks that are a surprise, it's impressive. I don't buy it, sorry.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:36 AM