KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman or Spider-man

Batman or Spider-man
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Batman or Spider-man

Who is smarter?

Originally, Peter invented his web shooters (and fluid), one of the most versatile tools in any street lever's arsenal, with nothing but an incomplete HS education and whatever tools, materials, were available to a fairly broke 15 year old.

I'm honestly not sure what tools or equipment Batman actually invented, when he first started out (prior to Year One), and what he co opted from Wayne Tech or the equivalent.

So, taking into account the start of their careers on up, who would you say is the smarter character?

Bonus Question:
Anyone know if Daredevil designed/built his billy clubs? Dont recall ever reading where they came from.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 01:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Spiderman is smarter, for sure. If Batman has seen far, it is because he has stood on the shoulders of giants.

He repurposes tech - Parker invents it.

Bonus Answer:
I thought he built them himself.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 01:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate to admit it but the overrated Batman is much smarter than Peter in anything not related to science. He is definitely much more tactically/strategically minded than Peter-- that's for sure.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 25th, 2015 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 02:26 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Mmm salty.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 02:43 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Spider-Man may have a higher base IQ/potential to learn (your mileage may vary), but Bats is far better educated, and has dedicated himself to applying his intelligence - taking into account their total careers up to this point, Bruce is smarter.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 03:07 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Bruce is a polymath, well versed in many subjects, overall he's smarter

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 03:47 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman in every category, has way better feats, outsmarts characters way beyond anything Spiderman has, has created tech and reversed engineered tech better than anything Spiderman has.

As far as what Batman has designed himself. Brother Eye, Insider Suit, Hellbat Armor, a suit that can hide from Superman, Justice Buster which beat a Jokerized JLA, that bullet that gave Flash a light speed seizure, a device that stopped Martian from enterting his mind. Teleporters, a time machine in Future's End, and some other stuff that I can't think of right now.

Also Batman has an eidectic memory which Spiderman does not have, meaning Bruce can recall every detail from his life to a key.

Usually the arguments I hear from the Spiderman side are that first, Spiderman always lacked resources, it's funny how someone who's supposedly a genius couldn't do something like create Facebook or Uber and get a few million or billion dollars. Second argument is the IQ argument even though Batman's IQ has never actually been stated in comics and most people get his IQ confused with Ted Kords.

Also Canada has shown that IQ's are a flawed and terrible way to meassure intellect since there are apparently 9-10 different measurements of intellect such as reasoning etc.

Last edited by Rezactic on Feb 25th, 2015 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 07:45 PM
Rezactic is currently offline Click here to Send Rezactic a Private Message Find more posts by Rezactic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

^ **** yeah, CANADA woo, much smarter than your above average american

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:24 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hahaha!!!!laughing out loud

I can deal with these responses though. They're mostly rational. Tried this elsewhere and the Bat bias was unreal. Like Moon Knight vs Thanos unreal in terms of how much of a stomp it was presented to be.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
I hate to admit it but the overrated Batman is much smarter than Peter in anything not related to science. He is definitely much more tactically/strategically minded than Peter-- that's for sure.

I was thinking nearly the same thing, but the way that I would have put it, is that they both have their intellectual strengths. Spiderman is just as successful at getting the bad guy at the end of the day as Batman is. They just tend to go about it in different ways.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:40 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
I was thinking nearly the same thing, but the way that I would have put it, is that they both have their intellectual strengths. Spiderman is just as successful at getting the bad guy at the end of the day as Batman is. They just tend to go about it in different ways.
The level of bad guys that Batman gets are generally leagues above the one's Spiderman gets though.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 12:38 AM
Rezactic is currently offline Click here to Send Rezactic a Private Message Find more posts by Rezactic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In science I'd say Spider-Man might be superior, but if he is then Batman still is smart enough to keep up with him. In most other fields Batman obviously is superior. Detective work, strategy, fighting skill, skilled with speaking many languages, etc.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 01:09 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Rezactic
The level of bad guys that Batman gets are generally leagues above the one's Spiderman gets though.

Really? I mean on average Spiderman's rogue gallery would run all over Batman's rogues. Venom or Carnage alone could probably kill almost anything alive in Arkham.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 01:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

As far as what Batman has designed himself-- a device that stopped Martian from enterting his mind.

Unless you mean something else, he didn't make it. He took it from the JLA trophy room(I do think he tinkered with it a bit).

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:06 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
In science I'd say Spider-Man might be superior, but if he is then Batman still is smart enough to keep up with him. In most other fields Batman obviously is superior. Detective work, strategy, fighting skill, skilled with speaking many languages, etc.
Spiderman lacks the feats to be comparable to Bruce in terms of science.

Really? I mean on average Spiderman's rogue gallery would run all over Batman's rogues. Venom or Carnage alone could probably kill almost anything alive in Arkham.
Except maybe Clayface and Poison Ivy (at her peak brought down a Green Lantern I believe) but I was referring more to bad guys not exclusive to Batman's rogue gallery, Amazo, Dr Light, Black Manta ETC

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:13 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I was confused by his post as well. If you had a big fight between all the Batman rogues and all of Spider-Man's the Bat rogues would get stomped hard.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:14 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman lacks the feats to be comparable to Bruce in terms of science.

Except maybe Clayface and Poison Ivy (at her peak brought down a Green Lantern I believe) but I was referring more to bad guys not exclusive to Batman's rogue gallery, Amazo, Dr Light, Black Manta ETC

Batman has taken down Amazo by himself in a no prep fight? Sounds like major PIS to me but then that is what Bats has to rely on to keep up with everybody else on the JLA. LOL.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:17 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

he and Nightwing shitkicked a basic AMAZO in red hood story arc

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:32 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Batmans rogues are more intelligent. When you think of all the levels of crime he faces, the geniuses he faces...leagues above peters rogues who are generally idiots

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:18 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Bruce has quite a few geniuses, but Pete's is stacked with insane power and also quite a few geniuses too.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:22 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote