KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman/Captain Marvel/Martian Manhunter best showing

Superman/Captain Marvel/Martian Manhunter best showing
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Superman/Captain Marvel/Martian Manhunter best showing

DCnu versions.
Which of DCs arguably 3 most powerful mainstays does best against:

The Defenders:
1. Dr. Strange (classic)
2. Professor Hulk
3. Silver Surfer
3. Namor

And why?
Not a team vs team fight. Each is one on four.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Cue 20 pages of Supes taking on EVERYONE and winning.

I'd actually go for Billy.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Interesting choice.
Any particular reason? I honestly think each has a unique advantage. Supes is the strongest physically, Cap has magical resistance, MM has the best variety of powers...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Supes IS the strongest, but against these weak feebs, Billy would be enough stick out tongue

Plus, mainly for the magic resistance.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

laughing

Thanks, DS....!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:25 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Copy/paste what I said where else ya came up with this. If you didn't intend Pre-FLASHPOINT, then disregard.

Due to using "Captain Marvel" I'll assume the Pre-FLASHPOINT versions.

I would definitely go Superman.

Both Cap and J'onn have certain advantages Superman doesn't have, but I'm not really aware of either having much against teams. J'onn does have a showing where he looked quite good against a JLA team that included Superman and Orion, but I really don't think the shape-shifting trick he used would last long. Plus, he had unasked for help by Malefic(who was attacking the JLA to frame J'onn). He only has one other showing against a team I can think of, and it wasn't nearly as impressive a team as the JLA.

Superman does have a solid track record against teams, doing well or winning. So yeah, I'd say he does the best of the three.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:27 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

DCnu is DCnu...stick out tongue

Good reasoning either way.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:28 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
DCnu is DCnu...stick out tongue

Good reasoning either way.

embarrasment I missed that part. But since there's no Captain Marvel in the DCnU to my knowledge, I guess I'll go with him since due tomystical resistance and I've seen little team fighting from either of the others.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:31 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Delta1938
embarrasment I missed that part. But since there's no Captain Marvel in the DCnU to my knowledge, I guess I'll go with him since due tomystical resistance and I've seen little team fighting from either of the others.

Cap's been in the DCnu a while now. Crappy costume and all...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...=20140625013100

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:36 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Cap's been in the DCnu a while now. Crappy costume and all...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...=20140625013100

So they've renamed him "Captain Marvel?"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:39 PM
riv6672

Yea, just to confuse you. yes

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:03 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Yea, just to confuse you. yes

I'm going to track you down and send General Smaggle Puffs after you as revenge.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:14 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Assuming that CIS is off, I really think that MM would perform the best against that team. His intangibility/invisibilty/shape-shifting and mind powers plus his mid to high herald-level physical stats are hard for most any character to deal with in a forum setting. Of course, in a comic book the writers always make him look like a chump though.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 05:01 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Martian Manhunter

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 05:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

DCnu versions.
Which of DCs arguably 3 most powerful mainstays does best against:

The Defenders:
1. Dr. Strange (classic)
2. Professor Hulk
3. Silver Surfer
3. Namor

And why?
Not a team vs team fight. Each is one on four.
"Who would do better against a team that would utterly crush them in a matter of seconds?"

Also Billy solos.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 05:14 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
"Who would do better against a team that would utterly crush them in a matter of seconds?"

Also Billy solos.

I've never seen the team create a ping pong table.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 05:19 PM
riv6672

Haha^^^

Also...stick out tongue
Why would i ask who does best against an opponent or opponents they can all beat? Thats kind are-tarded.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 10:49 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Haha^^^

Also...stick out tongue
Why would i ask who does best against an opponent or opponents they can all beat? Thats kind are-tarded.
Yes retarded...

But yeah, one guy can last a second longer than the other. What better way is there to compare people?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:02 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What better way is there to compare people?

On a message board?
People who post in threads they dont see value in, moaning and hoping to come off as too good for the threads, and people who ignore those threads. smile

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:17 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Damage control

Your thread is stupid. I'm telling you why it makes no sense. My contributions have no say in the thought process of this thread.

You can not adequately compare people in a thread where they get wiped out in seconds. This thread has zero value as indicated by you continuing to bump the thread since it's useless. This isn't an eventually defeat incoming where a confrontation can be prolonged due to an inability to immediately end a fight but still hopeless. This is a stomp in seconds.

Way to take passive criticism so well though prior to this. Cue some butthurt because you spent so long thinking about such a stupid thread.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:38 AM