KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man Vs Plastic Man

Iron Man Vs Plastic Man
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Iron Man Vs Plastic Man

Iron Man in standard armor (whatever that entails nowadays). Pre DCnu Plastic Man (same version that took on Fernus once).

No prep. No BFR.
Does the scientist beat the living cartoon?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 10:32 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Guess he cant Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 10:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Plastic Man.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 10:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I lean that way, too, actually...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 11:05 AM
DarkSaint85

Does 'current' IM have any sonics on him?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 01:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'm going with plas, way too durable

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 03:13 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I'd be surprised if Iron Man couldn't outmanouvre him.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 03:16 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, haven't lasers of sufficient power proven able to cut through plastic...? if for instance tony went with that knife that sliced gargoyle, not sure plas could handle that.....

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 03:33 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Vera used sonics on him, seemed to work well.

Ultrasonics def work on him, as seen when he was ablet o be affected by Tezumak in the Obsidian Age.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 03:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i figured he might be able to shapeshift into something that might protect him from sonics, but i guess the vibrations would affect him, regardless. makes sense. i was sure he was sliced by a laser though, no? did one of the white martians slice him with laser vision? can't remember exactly...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 03:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

He's been hurt by lasers and heat, but all it does is cut him into separate pieces, which he's also recovered nearly instantly from. He also has good showings against heat- notably, Fernus was on fire.

As for sonics, etc, again, it may temporarily prevent him from attacking Tony, but I don't see it KO'ing him, especially if he's serious and ready to get Fernus-sized.

Tony may be successful in disabling a plastic limb, but I think the others are either going to batter him to pieces or will invade his armour. If Tony tries the same lightsaber he used on GG, it will drain his armour without having a large enough area of effect.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 03:58 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh. ok, i'm sold. thumb up

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 04:04 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Is plaetic man strong enough to batter iron man to pieces? Tony has insane durability.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 04:22 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Well he can become skyscraper sized and physically went toe to toe with Fernus.

Invading his armour may be an easier win though. Plastic Man was able to break into a kryptonian safe in the Fortress of Solitude (iirc), I be he can do the same to Tony's mask.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 04:40 PM
krisblaze

I'm not entirely up to date on my Iron Man, but can't he just go invisible?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 04:42 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Would invisibility help?

I hadn't thought about it yet. I mean, if his current armour has a stealth mode or whatever, I'm sure he could do it. It doesn't give Tony what he needs here though, which is just more offensive power.

I think Tony's best bet is probably a unibeam in the first second of the match, before Eel grows. Out of character, obviously, but that could work I think.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 05:08 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Existere
Well he can become skyscraper sized and physically went toe to toe with Fernus.

Invading his armour may be an easier win though. Plastic Man was able to break into a kryptonian safe in the Fortress of Solitude (iirc), I be he can do the same to Tony's mask.

The armour is supposed to be sealed off completely. I say supposed because there were probably some breaches in recent times but meh.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 08:20 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanks, guys. Especially Existere, for aguing Plas so well.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 08:51 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
The armour is supposed to be sealed off completely. I say supposed because there were probably some breaches in recent times but meh.

In Contest of Champions, Iron Man was the only one not affected because the nanites (and the second generation version of them that were even smaller) couldn't make it past his armor, if that's what you mean.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...COCII1.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/On...ners04.jpg.html

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 09:04 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nice...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 09:17 PM