KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » can Black Panther now upgraded beat Dr. Strange

can Black Panther now upgraded beat Dr. Strange
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

can Black Panther now upgraded beat Dr. Strange

yes or no

Old Post May 14th, 2015 07:03 PM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

of course not. Spidey can still beat Panther IMO.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 14th, 2015 07:53 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Forum battle, no jobbing, full capacity... he can't.

In a comic book? Where Strange is sometimes useless and gets pwned by c-listers like Ghost? Sure, BP's chances in a comic wouldn't be bad.

Old Post May 14th, 2015 08:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Re: can Black Panther now upgraded beat Dr. Strange

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SWblayde938
yes or no

This is a bad place to ask that question. People don't know shit about Black Panther here.

Old Post May 14th, 2015 09:54 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

KMC is one of the best message boards and Panther is given lots of respect here.

Old Post May 14th, 2015 10:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Vanguard
This is a bad place to ask that question. People don't know shit about Black Panther here.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

KMC is one of the best message boards and Panther is given lots of respect here.

Yeah, BP gets TOO much respect here actually.
Thats why i clicked when i noticed this thread, to see if/how many posters would say BP wins.
I am pleasantly surprised.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 10:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

Seconded.
Black Panther is the latest 'flavour of the month' who can do no wrong on here (it was Iron Fist for a while, and there have been others.). He gets some relatively recent upgrades and suddenly there are absurd claims about his uberness based on not much at all, and ignoring years of feats on the part of opponents who all of a sudden are getting chumped by a character who a year ago they would have walked all over.
Case in point, Black Panther's 'teleportation uberness'. Suddenly - apparently - he is owning Nightcrawler at this, the very skill which actually defines Nightcrawler.
It's stupid.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 10:56 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hadnt heard THAT one. Wow. Just smh and wow.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 10:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

I don't think I was clear. He hasn't just owned Nightcrawler in a comic, it was just something I read in a recent post about Back Panther's overall awesomeness.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 11:04 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

BP does have some resistance to magic, but a focus Strange should win.

http://i.imgur.com/PlQPVBZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sf4feIk.jpg

Old Post May 16th, 2015 01:13 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

So which tier is BP in now with his upgrades in the comics?

Old Post May 16th, 2015 05:46 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by The Nuul
So which tier is BP in now with his upgrades in the comics?

Somewhere between Abstract and Over 9000.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 06:15 PM
Vanguard

Bullshit. Panther has lost literally every fight I've put him in. And he's constantly getting downed on this board. I've even had one poster confirm this.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 08:32 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Bullshit. Panther has lost literally every fight I've put him in. And he's constantly getting downed on this board. I've even had one poster confirm this.

Wow, you had one poster confirm it.

And then you had another poster say otherwise.

That's like two conflicting opinions.

About ONE character?

That's crazy.

Who would've expected it.

Imagine, here, of all places.

Here on a comicbook forum, in the vs section.

A group of people disagreeing on a character.

I just, I just need a minute to process this.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 16th, 2015 08:40 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Let's look at these fights and consider the mad bias we're supposedly seeing.

Black Panther vs Fantomex:

Fantomex has complex and instant illusions that work on both biological and technological opponents no expression

Black Panther vs Vixen:

Vixen's just way out of his league here, this is an obvious mismatch.

Black Panther vs Bane:

Several people voted Panther, so you're wrong about him losing "literally every fight".

Black Panther vs Puck:

Two people replied, each granting a slight edge to Puck in pure h2h and edge to Panther with weapons.

Black Panther vs Talion:

People voted Black Panther.

Black Panther vs Nemesis:

Black Panther vs Sabretooth:

So out of 7 fights, 3 went to BP, 2 to his opponents and 2 even splits.

Yup, you sure were right.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 16th, 2015 08:49 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oookay.
Agree to disagree about the inline treatment if the fictional character.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 11:46 PM
Vanguard

Originally posted by krisblaze
Let's look at these fights and consider the mad bias we're supposedly seeing.

Black Panther vs Fantomex:

Fantomex has complex and instant illusions that work on both biological and technological opponents no expression

Black Panther vs Vixen:

Vixen's just way out of his league here, this is an obvious mismatch.

Black Panther vs Bane:

Several people voted Panther, so you're wrong about him losing "literally every fight".

Black Panther vs Puck:

Two people replied, each granting a slight edge to Puck in pure h2h and edge to Panther with weapons.

Black Panther vs Talion:

Black Panther vs Nemesis:

Black Panther vs Sabretooth:

So out of 7 fights, 3 went to BP, 2 to his opponents and 2 even splits.

Yup, you sure were right.

He beats Puck IMO. People aren't giving enough credence to his upgrades. He's defeated people like Black Dwarf, and taken a casual backhand from people like Terrax and kept ticking.

His overall skill is undermined here also.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 02:26 AM
Vanguard

Originally posted by riv6672
Oookay.
Agree to disagree about the inline treatment if the fictional character.

I agree to disagree....sure.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 02:27 AM
riv6672

Yay.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 02:38 AM
krisblaze

He beats Puck IMO. People aren't giving enough credence to his upgrades. He's defeated people like Black Dwarf, and taken a casual backhand from people like Terrax and kept ticking.

His overall skill is undermined here also.

Listen, troll.

You claimed that Black Panther "lost in every match you put him in", when he won a clear majority.

And this might be a bit hard for you to swallow, but when he wins a fight OFF PANEL it's a bit difficult to gauge his abilities.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 17th, 2015 06:43 AM