KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Bolt -Vs- Despero

Black Bolt -Vs- Despero
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Black Bolt -Vs- Despero

Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Black Bolt

Vs

Despero

Old Post May 20th, 2015 08:14 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was going to say Despero since he is a potent telepath, but I noticed it is DCnU so I have no clue how potent that version is.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I was going to say Despero since he is a potent telepath, but I noticed it is DCnU so I have no clue how potent that version is.

BB has high level telepathic resistence.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:01 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
BB has high level telepathic resistence.

I'm sure he does, but Despero was a beast all his own. I'm quite sure he was superior to BB's telepathic bro.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sure he does, but Despero was a beast all his own. I'm quite sure he was superior to BB's telepathic bro.

He is, but BB counters it with electron manipulation. If he can block it, he can block it. It's not about who is the stronger telepath.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:06 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He is, but BB counters it with electron manipulation. If he can block it, he can block it. It's not about who is the stronger telepath.

But it remains to be seen if he can block it. If he blocks out one telepath it doesn't mean he could block them all out. Telepaths come in all shapes and sizes, with varying levels of power. If his best feat is resisting a telepath who is less powerful then Despero..well, then you can't say he resists Despero.

So what is his best telepathic resistance feat?

Last edited by Surtur on May 20th, 2015 at 04:10 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:07 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

pre nu despero wins this handily. nu despero, who knows....?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

But it remains to be seen if he can block it. If he blocks out one telepath it doesn't mean he could block them all out. Telepaths come in all shapes and sizes, with varying levels of power. If his best feat is resisting a telepath who is less powerful then Despero..well, then you can't say he resists Despero.

So what is his best telepathic resistance feat?

Of course it remains to be seen as they haven't met. This is all speculation about fictional characters.

I disagree that it matters how strong the telepath is because of the means by which he is able to "protect" his mind. Again, it's through his electron manipulation, not telepathy of his own. At least that's my theory. BB is a very unique character.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:22 PM
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

I believe the To powers won't come to affect in this fight due to defenses..

So were left with what? Who wins?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 06:29 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by leonidas

Old Post May 20th, 2015 11:37 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Black bolt wins.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 12:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nwg202

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:50 AM
nwg202 is currently offline Click here to Send nwg202 a Private Message Find more posts by nwg202 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I may be in hte minority with this, but I feel Despero is vastly overrated around here. Sure, he's powerful, but he has shown many times that he isn't invulnerable and his TP isn't always instant acting.

Giving BB the benefit of the doubt as to mind control as his particular defence isn't telepathy in itself, just something that closes the door to that power.

Despero is definitely the stronger of the two (by far) but BB has more exotic powers and he always has his voice to fall back on. Even if Despero was starting to overcome his TP defence, a simple yell of "NO" would cut it off, and probably hurt Despero a lot in the process.

No, the scream also isn't "all powerful" we saw Thanos tank it during Infinity, but we also saw it f*** up the likes of Hulk and Gladiator in the past.

Basically it comes down to Despero's ability to tank a quasi-sonic conversation. Without seeing all of his showings, I don't think his resistance is top-notch enough to take it.

BB 6-7 / 10

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 21st, 2015 06:32 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scoobless
I may be in hte minority with this, but I feel Despero is vastly overrated around here. Sure, he's powerful, but he has shown many times that he isn't invulnerable and his TP isn't always instant acting.

Giving BB the benefit of the doubt as to mind control as his particular defence isn't telepathy in itself, just something that closes the door to that power.

Despero is definitely the stronger of the two (by far) but BB has more exotic powers and he always has his voice to fall back on. Even if Despero was starting to overcome his TP defence, a simple yell of "NO" would cut it off, and probably hurt Despero a lot in the process.

No, the scream also isn't "all powerful" we saw Thanos tank it during Infinity, but we also saw it f*** up the likes of Hulk and Gladiator in the past.

Basically it comes down to Despero's ability to tank a quasi-sonic conversation. Without seeing all of his showings, I don't think his resistance is top-notch enough to take it.

BB 6-7 / 10

Great post. PC Marvel has become anti-badass, just look at how they have depowered Thor and BB.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 12:28 PM
krisblaze

It hasn't been that long since Silent War actually, where Iron Man was taken out simply by being in the vicinity of a whisper.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 21st, 2015 01:39 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

This
quote:

I'm curious to know how this helps against a character who's powers include low level Matter manipulation AND energy manipulation. Technically Despero should be able to pull down/dismantle any such protection. Pre52 Despero also had the power of Hypnosis that allowed him to mind control without TP someone only had to see him. Combining that with physicals that are close to Superman should be too much for BB.

But i'm clueless as to Nu52

Old Post May 21st, 2015 01:42 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by beatboks
This

I'm curious to know how this helps against a character who's powers include low level Matter manipulation AND energy manipulation. Technically Despero should be able to pull down/dismantle any such protection. Pre52 Despero also had the power of Hypnosis that allowed him to mind control without TP someone only had to see him. Combining that with physicals that are close to Superman should be too much for BB.

But i'm clueless as to Nu52

Yeah, and BB has both EP and matter manipulation, so that's a wash. Then there is the quasi sonic blast bywhich a whisper drew blood from Gladiator.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:54 PM
Stoic
Avenger

BB 6-7 / 10

I can stand behind this argument. BB just better not come within striking distance or its over for him.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 09:49 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Stoic
I can stand behind this argument. BB just better not come within striking distance or its over for him.
He's come within striking distance of Hulk in all of his fights, which he mostly won. He's not a glass cannon.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 12:22 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Wasn't black bolt weakened though in infinity?

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 12:31 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote