KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » A Superman thread that has never been done before.

A Superman thread that has never been done before.
Started by: Brockalizer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

A Superman thread that has never been done before.

I was talking comics at work earlier today and a co-worker and I had an interesting discussion so I thought that I would bring it to the forum and get your input as well.
Suppose they decided to give The Man of Steel a more realistic appearance. What would it look like?

A.) The yellow sun provides energy much in the way food provides energy to everyone else. Would he have an overweight appearance, similar to maybe Volstag or Kingpin?

B. Among the abilities gained from the yellow sun is
perhaps an enhanced metabolism. Would this prevent him from putting on significant muscle mass and give him more of a gaunt appearance, similar to someone like Reed Richards or the Joker?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 12:06 AM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I was talking comics at work earlier today and a co-worker and I had an interesting discussion so I thought that I would bring it to the forum and get your input as well.
Suppose they decided to give The Man of Steel a more realistic appearance. What would it look like?

A.) The yellow sun provides energy much in the way food provides energy to everyone else. Would he have an overweight appearance, similar to maybe Volstag or Kingpin?

perhaps an enhanced metabolism. Would this prevent him from putting on significant muscle mass and give him more of a gaunt appearance, similar to someone like Reed Richards or the Joker?

A. ?

B. Superman shouldn't be overly muscular. He should actually look quite average, because no amount of weight under planetary or slightly less would give him a pump. I would also think that he would eventually begin to lose strength, due to the lack of gravity that someone of his strength class would naturally be used to. even lose bone density.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 12:52 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Re: A Superman thread that has never been done before.

Superman is a solar battery, I don't think any of these issues would affect him in the manner you're presenting.

Being a man sized sun should have every aspect of his physiology operating at its peak.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 02:28 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Shouldn't he be radioactive?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 08:52 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He'd be green.

As he got angrier, the resultant testosterone and adrenaline boost would also make him stronger.

However, this would also make him more feral, as his higher brain functions gave way to the fight or flight response.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 09:59 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman? A plausible explaination of his powers? Blahahhaaha! D.C. prefers the fuzzy logic approach.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 12:45 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
However, this would also make him more feral, as his higher brain functions gave way to the fight or flight response.

How do we know Kryptonian brains are the same?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 03:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Superman? A plausible explaination of his powers? Blahahhaaha! D.C. prefers the fuzzy logic approach.

They actually have a pretty good explanation of his powers.

Not as scientific as"power cosmic" or "magical hammer" though.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 04:55 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by abhilegend

Tbh, a better explanation would be if he fell into a vat of radiation.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 04:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Tbh, a better explanation would be if he fell into a vat of radiation.

Or a magical radioactive Spider bit him.

Or just a gene made him omnipotent to stuff reality in a box.

But surely using sun as a power source is just fuzzy. Not as impressive as a bomb giving someone an alternate personality powerful enough to destroy planets of course.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:02 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah, he's an alien, how could I forget?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:27 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or a magical radioactive Spider bit him.

Or just a gene made him omnipotent to stuff reality in a box.

But surely using sun as a power source is just fuzzy. Not as impressive as a bomb giving someone an alternate personality powerful enough to destroy planets of course.

All of those explanations are much better than Superman's super explanation for flatliners.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:28 PM
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

Re: Re: A Superman thread that has never been done before.

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Superman is a solar battery, I don't think any of these issues would affect him in the manner you're presenting.

Being a man sized sun should have every aspect of his physiology operating at its peak.
I get what you're saying about essentially just being a battery, however, if memory serves me right I think that the fat cells in our bodies are like batteries. At least they act like batteries. If we don't eat our bodies get energy from fat reserves.
That being said, if we think if solar radiation as "food" for Superman, then anytime he is out during the day would be akin to a binge eating session. Combine that with there being very few things around that would actually get his cardio up and exercise his muscles (remember it took 5 days of benching the weight of the Earth yo even break a sweat) I would tend to lean more towards the overweight category. Perhaps he should talk to a mystic and ask them to put an enchantment on a treadmill or set of dumbbells.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:28 PM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: A Superman thread that has never been done before.

I get what you're saying about essentially just being a battery, however, if memory serves me right I think that the fat cells in our bodies are like batteries. At least they act like batteries. If we don't eat our bodies get energy from fat reserves.
That being said, if we think if solar radiation as "food" for Superman, then anytime he is out during the day would be akin to a binge eating session. Combine that with there being very few things around that would actually get his cardio up and exercise his muscles (remember it took 5 days of benching the weight of the Earth yo even break a sweat) I would tend to lean more towards the overweight category. Perhaps he should talk to a mystic and ask them to put an enchantment on a treadmill or set of dumbbells.

But......batteries can't gain infinite amounts of energy and then sun dip and gain much more.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:30 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
All of those explanations are much better than Superman's super explanation for flatliners.

Someone is trying too hard. But I would like to hear your expert opinion on scientific explanation of mjolnir and power cosmic.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:37 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Trying to make Superman realistic is like trying to make Bugs Bunny realistic. His abilities don't make sense and the energy he stores from the sun is nowhere near enough to account for his abilities.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:37 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Astner
Trying to make Superman realistic is like trying to make Bugs Bunny realistic. His abilities don't make sense and the energy he stores from the sun is nowhere near enough to account for his abilities.

Thank you sir, nuff said. Three, two one....ABBY!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:58 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:59 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone is trying too hard. But I would like to hear your expert opinion on scientific explanation of mjolnir and power cosmic.

Mjolnir is magic, not science, genius.

Cosmic energy is granted by Galactus, a higher level being whom our understanding of is limited. That's a plausible explanation. A being who gains the type of output he does simply by absorbing a certain wave length of sun rays is ****ing retarded. That help?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 06:01 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Blue Area's hating seems to have no limit.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 06:03 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote