KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who in D.C. can stand up to Protege?

Who in D.C. can stand up to Protege?
Started by: Blue Area Vet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who in D.C. can stand up to Protege?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 08:31 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Only Scathan was able to judge, right?

Are the Celestials > the LT then? Protege claimed he was the new TOAA - yet a Celestial was able to disapprove of him?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Only Scathan was able to judge, right?

Are the Celestials > the LT then? Protege claimed he was the new TOAA - yet a Celestial was able to disapprove of him?

I thought it might just be a case of divine authority type of thing.

Like the Tribunal when he spoke to Doom when the Doom met the Future Foundation (I think). Says that every other act that he commits from this day will create a mark on his face. This is of course after saying these words and then Tribunal restores his face.

Then you have in Secret Wars Doom saying he still can't heal his face. It reminds me of when the Tribunal said to Warlock "My authority comes from on high".

Scathan must just have a higher level of authority (although that is a shitty argument I guess) but it's the only appropriate one other than Scathan > Tribunal I guess.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:57 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I thought it might just be a case of divine authority type of thing.

Like the Tribunal when he spoke to Doom when the Doom met the Future Foundation (I think). Says that every other act that he commits from this day will create a mark on his face. This is of course after saying these words and then Tribunal restores his face.

Then you have in Secret Wars Doom saying he still can't heal his face. It reminds me of when the Tribunal said to Warlock "My authority comes from on high".

Scathan must just have a higher level of authority (although that is a shitty argument I guess) but it's the only appropriate one other than Scathan > Tribunal I guess.

Yeah, it's confusing, because I wanted to see what level Protege was in Marvel's hierarchy.

Do you think it was hyperbole then when Protege declared himself the new TOAA? i.e Protege is basically < Celestials?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Alfred. Now close this thread.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:02 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

We can't make a blanket statement that all Celestials>LT, because not all Celestials are created equal(ie. some are FAR more powerful than others.) However, as confirmed in LT's 2006 OHOTMU bio, Scathan's ability to enact judgement was beyond his own:

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
False. Quit acting like you have any power here. If you don't like a thread don't post in it.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:08 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Galan007
We can't make a blanket statement that all Celestials>LT, because not all Celestials are created equal(ie. some are FAR more powerful than others.) However, as confirmed in LT's 2006 OHOTMU bio, Scathan's ability to enact judgement was beyond his own:

So, in the hierarchy, in THAT instance,

Scathan > Protege> LT?

Sounds quite difficult. I haven't seen Scathan being in anything else - he was a plot device created specifically for that storyline.

evil face which means that Protege was defeated by PIS - which would make his defeat inadmissible!!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Scathan is the embodiment of a plot-device-character.

I mean, his last on-panel appearance was in '94, ffs.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So in other words, Batman finds a way!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, it's confusing, because I wanted to see what level Protege was in Marvel's hierarchy.

Do you think it was hyperbole then when Protege declared himself the new TOAA? i.e Protege is basically < Celestials?

Yes, although he could conceivably achieve that level.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:57 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend

GTFO here with ya throbbing troll ass.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:58 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, in the hierarchy, in THAT instance,

Scathan > Protege> LT?

Sounds quite difficult. I haven't seen Scathan being in anything else - he was a plot device created specifically for that storyline.

evil face which means that Protege was defeated by PIS - which would make his defeat inadmissible!!

That's just it, it may not be a linear hierachy. Much like Living Tribunal and "The Brothers."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 02:59 PM
DarkSaint85

We would then have to use characters like Grant Morrison etc who have appeared in DC comics. IOW, the Presence.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 03:04 PM
golem370

Since LT is neutral maybe he need a second party to decide who would be LT the original or Protégé?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:40 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote