KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Best Leader in DC?

Best Leader in DC?
Started by: Caps Conscience

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Caps Conscience

Best Leader in DC?

Who is it and why?

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:15 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Nightwing.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:18 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

^ yup, nightwing. Has the leadership skills the Bat taught him but has a better personality than Bruce thats better suited to lead

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 04:39 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Martian Manhunter.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 05:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Red Robin is underrated.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 06:30 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Constantine... thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 07:48 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Martian Manhunter.

Sure, if the team consists of Rhino, Killer Croc, Wrecking Crew, Gargan Venom and other famous jobbers laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nightwing.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best leaders in comics are those who inspire others and no one does that better than Superman himself. If you're asking who is the best battlefield general then I'd have to pick Batman, I guess.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:24 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats YOUR definition of a leader, and thats fine, but its not completely accurate. A leader needs to inspire yes, but he needs to know where to put all the moving pieces to win the battle.
Superman inspires. Batman moves the pieces.

Nightwing does both.

Nightwing is the best leader.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Agreed on Bats, Supes, but there's something about Wonder Woman especially in the battle field that would seem inspiring to some.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:46 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

More like distracting...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^laughing

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:03 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Thats YOUR definition of a leader, and thats fine, but its not completely accurate. A leader needs to inspire yes, but he needs to know where to put all the moving pieces to win the battle.
Superman inspires. Batman moves the pieces.

Nightwing does both.

Nightwing is the best leader.

....and that's your opinion, riv. Doesn't make it true anymore than mine makes mine. Of course Superman is not the best combat leader but there's much more to being a leader than commanding units. I specified battlefield general seperately from an overall leader for a reason. A wise leader of a nation, for instance, takes the advice of his best generals while the generals don't lead the nation itself. Pretty significant difference.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:07 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Mine's a LITTLE more true. wink
Not sure what you do for a living but i've attended 4 different leadership courses, so, yeah, what you're describing Superman to be is a figurehead.
At best he's a Very competent Company Commander with Batman as his 1SG.

Nightwing is the more complete package. Like a Warrant Officer who came up through the enlisted ranks (from sidekick to teen hero to adult hero) and now has the experience, is a subject matter expert, has the rank to make major decisions, and elicits the respect of subordinates, peers, and superiors alike.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:26 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again, you're making it sound like being the best military leader is the same as being the best overall leader when it's clearly not. I don't care about any leadership courses you've attended. It doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than mine. They still aren't the same thing and this is the last I'm going to say on the subject so guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Your analogy is flawed, btw.

Last edited by Star428 on Jun 17th, 2015 at 09:35 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think Nightwing is the best combination of both, but I don't think he's as inspiring as Superman or as cunning as Batman, so I wouldn't put him above either of those.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agree to disagree.
No way are you or Star going to convince me Superman or Batman are the better leaders. Nightwing only has one person who offers him true competition in this category, and he doesnt reside at DC.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
Agree to disagree.
No way are you or Star going to convince me Superman or Batman are the better leaders. Nightwing only has one person who offers him true competition in this category, and he doesnt reside at DC.

It depends on how you classify leader, I suppose. It's a pretty vague term.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Aside from my personal opinion, we've had a leadership vs here before, it was NW and Cap being debated, they took the thread easily.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 10:00 PM