KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCnU Captain Atom Vs Despero

DCnU Captain Atom Vs Despero
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

DCnU Captain Atom Vs Despero

V&V Despero. Who wins?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 04:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Interesting fight. I'll take the plunge and say Despero.
Just took a crash course in DCnu Cap, and his evolution storyline seems pretty cool.
He had cool feats, like owning an Army, and (with help from Flash) absorbing a nuke, going head to head with Firestorm and averting radiation damage by internalizing...
Still V&V Despero is a team wrecker for a reason. On durability alone i have to think high rad doses wont bother him overmuch.
It was unclear to me as to what Cap self detonating actually does to HIM (didnt seem he'd instantly reform), but at best i'd call it a double KO if it actually KOd Despero.
It seems over the years a nuke is something more characters are able to walk away from, and Despero has faced a stacked team that included some of those characters, so he's on that level.
The deciding factor for me is mind manipulation though.
His mind's already in flux to the point of losing his sense of self. The Future's End storyline shows Martian Manhunter able to corral Cap, and Despero is for sure at LEAST an MM level telepath.

Slow posting morning equals long post.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 10:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote