KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Original Manchester Black Vs WS Midnighter

Original Manchester Black Vs WS Midnighter
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Original Manchester Black Vs WS Midnighter

(please log in to view the image)

Big ol' bastard battle. No prep. No BFR. No outside resources. Midtown Manhattan, 1 block start distance.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 04:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Realistically, this is a stomp. Black was taking it to Superman for an extended period of time.

In a comic, who knows. MNer's calculations were a bit of a plot device.

But did you really need a thread for this particular fight? I feel like what I just said is about as much as can be reliably said, but it's also easily gleaned from bios and such.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 04:45 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanks for responding and, i hope to see you asking this question in about 75% of the threads posted here from now on...laughing

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 05:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Chester kills him. He's far above Battalion.....

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 07:54 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Had to look him up, he never blipped on my radar...!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 10:04 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Thanks for responding and, i hope to see you asking this question in about 75% of the threads posted here from now on...laughing

Citing others' thread doesn't make the question any less relevant to this thread. You're right that a lot of people could stand to hear the same advice. But I rarely post in vs. threads, so you'll need to find a different huckleberry.

Last edited by Digi on Aug 9th, 2015 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 02:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Didnt realize we were squaring off in the lot next to Fly's Photographic Studio, Doc. laughing

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 03:29 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

You're not a mod anymore!?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 04:02 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Me?
I dont think was ever a mod here. What the f**k?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 04:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Black could control thousands of minds at once and actually cause Supes pain. Midnighter ends up exploded long before he gets anywhere close.

I mean as soon as the fight starts Black could have thousands of people all attacking Midnighter. Granted, these will be normal people, but they just wouldn't stop coming and he'd have to deal with that and also deal with Black applying his telekinetic powers to Midnighter.

I say all this assuming his computer brain thingy makes him 100% immune to telepathy. If it doesn't? He goes down even easier.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 04:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I thought he was immune.
To be honest i've seen him go both ways.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 05:09 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Whether he's immune to telepathy or not, he has nothing against the TK. Which will end the fight very quickly indeed.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2015 06:19 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fair enough. The bigger bastard wins.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:52 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

MNer has been shown as immune to TP, but I think it was Jackson King that found a loophole by cutting off his access to his calculative abilities. It wasn't a telepathic shutdown, but effectively neutralized him. But Jackson knew MNer's powers better than most. I wouldn't necessarily attribute that feat to any and every telepath.

But yeah, like others have said, this is still a romp for Black.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Didnt realize we were squaring off in the lot next to Fly's Photographic Studio, Doc. laughing

thumb up

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 04:58 AM
riv6672

Good info, thanks.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2015 05:01 AM