KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman:SIEGE

Superman:SIEGE
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Superman:SIEGE

Every battle, every scenario, is the same except for one thing.

Superman replaces The Sentry.

What happens?

Two Scenarios:

1: OWAW Superman
2: N52 Superman

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 1st, 2016 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 03:11 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Is Clark allowed to sun dip?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 03:48 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naurtoisbeast
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Originally posted by SquallX
i think superman will win

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 08:11 AM
naurtoisbeast is currently offline Click here to Send naurtoisbeast a Private Message Find more posts by naurtoisbeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

No. Once the heroes get powered up (magically) by Loki it should affect him quite a bit more than it did to void. Otherwise Superman should be able to duplicate anything Sentry did physically as he didnt use any of his other powers during siege that I can remember.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 02:22 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman after a hard fight.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 02:41 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Superman dies. He isnt surviving getting gorged with Ares axe.

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Jan 25th, 2016 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 07:12 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Stops at Owen.

...Unless we aren't counting that battle here. If not, he wrecks barring PIS. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 25th, 2016 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 07:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by tkitna
Superman dies. He isnt surviving getting gorged with Ares axe.

He probably will, He's stupid hard to kill with piercing.

He could probably rip him in half too.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 07:17 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Hard to believe he's going to live after getting half of his side ripped open, but he is the biggest wanker in comics.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 07:28 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Sentry is like made out of paper. His "invulnerability" gets pierced like in every comic of Dark avengers. It seems his "invulnerability" is more like Captain Atom's. Superman's hide is way harder to pierce.

In any case Superman has survived a godly magical arrow in the back and a godly magical sword in the chest just to mention a few.

Ares attack is not stopping him

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jan 25th, 2016 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 08:12 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Diamondback takes Supes out.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 08:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Sentry is like made out of paper. His "invulnerability" gets pierced like in every comic of Dark avengers. It seems his "invulnerability" is more like Captain Atom's. Superman's hide is way harder to pierce.

In any case Superman has survived a godly magical arrow in the back and a godly magical sword in the chest just to mention a few.

thumb up

I've never rated his durability. He couldn't even get close to the Sun without burning away. The Void heals him which is why he's still going.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 08:29 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

The magical mystery heroes stop him.

Although when they throw his burnt crisp into the sun, that's going to create a follow up arc where he tears everyone in twix.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 08:43 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Never understood his death in that arc...is his power based on will like say Britain or Gladiator? I find it hard to believe someone with the power of the Sun gets killed by one

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 08:51 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Oh God, I was waiting for this one. So Superman is durable enough to take a full swing from Ares axe with damage so minimal that he would just keep on trucking?

This is why I hate Superman threads. Its a joke.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:08 PM
tkitna

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Never understood his death in that arc...is his power based on will like say Britain or Gladiator? I find it hard to believe someone with the power of the Sun gets killed by one

Yes. He tried to commit suicide. Sentry can will himself to certain extents. He basically just shut himself off at that point.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:11 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ares' adamantine axe should be able to cleave through Superman.

Only problem is, he often carries less formidable axes or other weapons instead. Daken's bone claws have cut his war cleaver into pieces, for example.

I guess we can safely assume Siege Ares was using the one made out of adamantine, though. Sentry was pretty damn durable, so I don't see how anything lesser could've harmed him.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Sin I AM

This'll help. In an interview Bendis says this.

Q: CBR NEWS: In this scene, Thor finally ends the threat of the Void AKA Bob Reynolds by killing him. It seems like when you consider the Void's power level, the only way this could have happened was because the Void wanted to die.

Brian Michael Bendis: I see there is a lot of online speculation about that, and I thought it was pretty clear. I don't like to over analyze these things. I prefer the work to speak for itself, but I'll put two things out there. [...]
Bob realized that things had gone as far as they could possibly go. There was no other end for him and without his cooperation he doesn't go away. I just didn't want to have a line in the script where someone like Spider-Woman goes, "Boy, if he didn't want us to kill him, we couldn't have killed him." I see a lot of people got it, though.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=26287

Basically he was killed because that's what he wanted. Think of it being like the opposite to when he returns form being taken apart by Molecule Man.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:18 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by The Pict
thumb up

I've never rated his durability. He couldn't even get close to the Sun without burning away. The Void heals him which is why he's still going.

The only reason he burned when he was in the Sun was because he wanted to die but as revealed in the conversation he didn't want it that badly.

Which is why after SIEGE when he was in Sun and was able to stay dead.

He was still alive as a soul in the Sun fighting off the Void for control of his body. He wasn't being burnt by the Sun because of anything to do with durability. It was him wanting to die (but as seen not enough to stay as a skeleton.)

You saying the Void heals him is (in my opinion) incorrect if you are referencing that specific situation. Although I might be wrong in this instance in which case we can discuss the other.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jan 25th, 2016 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:20 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It was quite obvious.

Thor, even amped by the Norn Stones, is a weakling compared to Voided out Full Giant Crab Mode Sentry. He would've gotten one-shot killed if Bob hadn't co-operated.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:21 PM