KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ikaris The Eternal Vs Etrigan The demon

Ikaris The Eternal Vs Etrigan The demon
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Ikaris The Eternal Vs Etrigan The demon

(please log in to view the image)

No prep. No BFR.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:18 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Good fight, but I'm going with Etrigan.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 03:10 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanks. thumb up
Wish others'd take a Super break and try something new.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 10:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Wish others'd take a Super break and try something new.

Yup. We should have a rotating one month ban on Thor/Hulk/Superman topics. Give other threads a chance to breathe.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:26 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Etrigan. Ikaris aint got the damage soak to compete

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:38 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

The hell he doesn't. This would be an amazing fight. I'm calling it a straight up split. Either could take it on any given day.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:44 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Martian_mind
The hell he doesn't. This would be an amazing fight. I'm calling it a straight up split. Either could take it on any given day.

Really? I read the eternals mini recently..checked out a few old books. Ikaris always comes off to me as a solid low herald. Nothing to write home about

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:48 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Really? I read the eternals mini recently..checked out a few old books. Ikaris always comes off to me as a solid low herald. Nothing to write home about

I think his fight in which he was described too powerful for the All-New Invaders team (which included Namor) puts him above Low Herald, combined with all the feats he's accrued over the years I think he goes above that in my opinion.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:52 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I think his fight in which he was described too powerful for the All-New Invaders team (which included Namor) puts him above Low Herald, combined with all the feats he's accrued over the years I think he goes above that in my opinion.

All new invaders? How recent is that book? Did they fight?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:56 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

All new invaders? How recent is that book? Did they fight?

It's a recent book, 2014 was when it was around.

Here is the fight.

From the Ikaris Respect Thread.

Also worth mentioning in that fight that he was trying his best not to harm any of them so he wasn't at his best at all.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jan 27th, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:59 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

thumb up Scott knows what he's about. Ikaris is underrated.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:01 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

It's a recent book, 2014 was when it was around.

Here is the fight.

From the Ikaris Respect Thread.

Also worth mentioning in that fight that he was trying his best not to harm any of them so he wasn't at his best at all.

Namor seemed to be holding his own tho

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:11 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Namor seemed to be holding his own tho

Like I was mentioning though don't forget Ikaris was trying his best not to hurt them plus Cap confirms his power level is beyond anything they can fight. You see Namor getting worked by an Ikaris that isn't really exerting all that he could.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:17 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Like I was mentioning though don't forget Ikaris was trying his best not to hurt them plus Cap confirms his power level is beyond anything they can fight. You see Namor getting worked by an Ikaris that isn't really exerting all that he could.

Yea i read the narrative. Cap did state he was above them. Jim was doing nothing at all. But Namor wasnt exactly getting stomped. He was holding his own as well ..i wouldnt say he was going all out but he doesnt pull punches either. Plus Ik was barely in his feet and namor was fine. I took it all in consideration. Not knocking him jus saying...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:31 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Yea i read the narrative. Cap did state he was above them. Jim was doing nothing at all. But Namor wasnt exactly getting stomped. He was holding his own as well ..i wouldnt say he was going all out but he doesnt pull punches either. Plus Ik was barely in his feet and namor was fine. I took it all in consideration. Not knocking him jus saying...

Oh sure I get you. Just one of them things.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:34 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Oh sure I get you. Just one of them things.

Valid points as usual. Where would u place him?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:38 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Valid points as usual. Where would u place him?

This is something I myself always think about when it gets brought up. He is the Prime Eternal. Which means he should have the power of Zuras. And back in the day when he was Prime Eternal he managed to damage Ghaur,

And in this context Ghaur was at the time transforming into a Celestial. He wasn't fully transformed but Ikaris was able to damage him with blasts and was able to tear off his shell so to speak. Note I'm obviously not saying Ikaris is Celestial tier or anywhere near that but it makes you think.

My ranking will sound weird (I'll try to explain it the best I can). I think you could call him a Mid Herald, High Herald or Trans Tier. I'll explain each choice.

Mid Herald - This is like the safe spot to place him based on all the feats he has accrued. I would say that this is playing to far to safe. But if for example there was a person who hadn't seen much of Ikaris you might put him here. Or completely disregard that and in general that's what someone just believes no matter how much they read or not.

High Herald - This is the camp that I place myself in. I tend to think given everything he has done. And more recently the All-New Invaders fight kind of helps this. He supposedly has the power of Zuras too don't forget.

Trans Tier - This is only if you took the power of Zuras thing to be completely literal then of course you might be able to place him here. But I think there is not much of an argument to put him in Trans Tier at all. If you take the damaging Part Celestial Ghaur as literal etc*

*Note by putting that tier there it is just a hypothetical idea that you could use for a tier. Not what I necessarily believe. As I stated I tend to think High Herald.

But even then I am still stuck. Ikaris is quite a difficult one to rank. I tied my bets though.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:49 AM
Senor Cage

Pre-Flashpoint, Etrigan wins. DCnU, he loses.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:49 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Gotta side with My Boy Ettie!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 01:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

This is something I myself always think about when it gets brought up. He is the Prime Eternal. Which means he should have the power of Zuras. And back in the day when he was Prime Eternal he managed to damage Ghaur,

And in this context Ghaur was at the time transforming into a Celestial. He wasn't fully transformed but Ikaris was able to damage him with blasts and was able to tear off his shell so to speak. Note I'm obviously not saying Ikaris is Celestial tier or anywhere near that but it makes you think.

My ranking will sound weird (I'll try to explain it the best I can). I think you could call him a Mid Herald, High Herald or Trans Tier. I'll explain each choice.

Mid Herald - This is like the safe spot to place him based on all the feats he has accrued. I would say that this is playing to far to safe. But if for example there was a person who hadn't seen much of Ikaris you might put him here. Or completely disregard that and in general that's what someone just believes no matter how much they read or not.

High Herald - This is the camp that I place myself in. I tend to think given everything he has done. And more recently the All-New Invaders fight kind of helps this. He supposedly has the power of Zuras too don't forget.

Trans Tier - This is only if you took the power of Zuras thing to be completely literal then of course you might be able to place him here. But I think there is not much of an argument to put him in Trans Tier at all. If you take the damaging Part Celestial Ghaur as literal etc*

*Note by putting that tier there it is just a hypothetical idea that you could use for a tier. Not what I necessarily believe. As I stated I tend to think High Herald.

But even then I am still stuck. Ikaris is quite a difficult one to rank. I tied my bets though.

Great breakdown. I love your posts. Honestly the only eternal i cared about was sersi and that had more to Do with her relationship to dane than anything else. But i see where you're going with Ikaris and he's growing on me. I didnt know the "celestial" feat. Is it canon? Iirc the eternals have had what like 3 or 4 retcons or soft reboots. Not sure if they're still kirbys original powerhouses. Anyway I'll have to read more on him. I honestly still think etrigan has him in strength and durability edge. But it's closer than i previously thought

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 01:29 AM