KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Manhattan is now multiversal, which non omnipotents beat him?

Dr. Manhattan is now multiversal, which non omnipotents beat him?
Started by: RangerDX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RangerDX

Dr. Manhattan is now multiversal, which non omnipotents beat him?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

lol @ DC

Old Post May 21st, 2016 07:47 PM
RangerDX is currently offline Click here to Send RangerDX a Private Message Find more posts by RangerDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This gun-jumper over here...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 21st, 2016 07:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

By that context, All Star Superman is multiversal.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 07:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RangerDX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007

confused confused Doesnt this imply he created new DC???

Old Post May 21st, 2016 09:17 PM
RangerDX is currently offline Click here to Send RangerDX a Private Message Find more posts by RangerDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

DCnU, He created DCnu

Old Post May 21st, 2016 09:20 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

dcnu is actually an omniverse!!! jesus cgrist doc, you finally get the feats and respect that live up to your hype. now i can use you as an escapism fantasy.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 10:49 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Dr. Manhattan is the creator god of dcnu, cool.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 08:17 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

How many universes are in DCNU? 52 right?

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 08:59 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

An infinite omniverse.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 12:25 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

even if we take it at face value, it's cool, but hardly makes him lt or owen.... from all appearances it looks like he kicked started things and they grew from his original push. it's like attributing the destruction an avalanche caused to the person who kicked down the first few stones. in doc's case, he was still powerful enough to affect evolution and get the ball rolling on a whole universe, which is cool enough on its own. but, as so often happens here, if you read the feat that is right in front of you, this isn't as impressive as how it is ALREADY being billed...

incidentally, what book is that scene from? leaked rebirth?

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 01:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by leonidas
even if we take it at face value, it's cool, but hardly makes him lt or owen.... from all appearances it looks like he kicked started things and they grew from his original push. it's like attributing the destruction an avalanche caused to the person who kicked down the first few stones. in doc's case, he was still powerful enough to affect evolution and get the ball rolling on a whole universe, which is cool enough on its own. but, as so often happens here, if you read the feat that is right in front of you, this isn't as impressive as how it is ALREADY being billed...

I don't know if it was the main Watchmen comic perhaps.

Rebirth has a different artist (Ethan Van Sciver)

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on May 22nd, 2016 at 01:16 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 01:14 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Before watchmen - Dr. Manhatten #4

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 01:54 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The first cropped panels are from Watchmen #12. And like Mungi said: the last few scans are from Before Watchmen - Dr. Manhattan #4.

We don't yet know for sure *how* Doc created the DCnU. People are just *guessing* that the scene from Before Watchmen is when it happened... Ergo my 'gun-jumper' post. stick out tongue

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 02:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Correct me if I'm off track here.

That second scan - he's not showing universes. They're cells. He just created life. The "universes" comment is a metaphor.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 06:13 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

No you're right.

People are massively jumping the gun here because the leaked spoilers from Rebirth imply Dr Manhatten did something to the DC universe.

So considering the story isn't out yet, and even when it is it will probably take ages to explain stuff over coming months, this thread is, as Galen said, massively jumping the gun.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 06:15 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

The first cropped panels are from Watchmen #12. And like Mungi said: the last few scans are from Before Watchmen - Dr. Manhattan #4.

We don't yet know for sure *how* Doc created the DCnU. People are just *guessing* that the scene from Before Watchmen is when it happened... Ergo my 'gun-jumper' post. stick out tongue
but it was stated in before watchmen that manny had created and destroyed alternate universes under his own power:
http://s33.postimg.org/5lbko1fq7/Be...tan_004_007.jpg
so johns having him being the creator of dc is in line with that.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:08 PM
Don Draper is currently offline Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

So far we know this from Rebirth:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dr. Manhattan is more powerful than Zoom or Darkseid and that he easily destroyed Pandora. We didn't see him do that, but she was blown up the same way he has done others in the past.

So, yeah, Manhattan is pretty uber.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:21 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Don Draper
but it was stated in before watchmen that manny had created and destroyed alternate universes under his own power:
http://s33.postimg.org/5lbko1fq7/Be...tan_004_007.jpg
so johns having him being the creator of dc is in line with that.
That scan has been taken grossly out of context over the years.

Manhattan didn't create said universes under his own power in the typical sense(ie. he didn't produce a bunch of big bangs or whathaveyou.) They were inadvertently created as a corollary of his extremely subtle manipulations of past events:
http://i.imgur.com/Y6NNfN8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vkpLtY9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fZD5gkD.jpg

He then 'destroyed' those universes when he, again, went back in time and prevented himself from making those subtle manipulations in the first place:
http://i.imgur.com/qVUKrK2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zNTZuhX.jpg

We're basically dealing with a scaled-up version of 'The Butterfly Effect'. The concept is cool, I guess, but it isn't nearly the same as Manhattan intentionally whipping up the current DC Omniverse ex nihilo, and acting as its defacto Supreme Being(as is currently being implied in 'Rebirth'.) That is what I don't care for at all... Johns seems to have taken his "perhaps I'll create life" comment WAY too far. thumb down

Last edited by Galan007 on May 25th, 2016 at 08:43 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:37 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

That scan has been taken grossly out of context over the years.

Manhattan didn't create said universes under his own power in the typical sense(ie. he didn't produce a bunch of big bangs or whathaveyou.) They were inadvertently created as a corollary of his extremely subtle manipulations of past events:
http://i.imgur.com/Y6NNfN8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vkpLtY9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fZD5gkD.jpg

He then 'destroyed' those universes when he, again, went back in time and prevented himself from making those subtle manipulations in the first place:
http://i.imgur.com/qVUKrK2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zNTZuhX.jpg

We're basically dealing with a scaled-up version of 'The Butterfly Effect'. The concept is cool, I guess, but it isn't nearly the same as Manhattan intentionally whipping up the current DC Omniverse ex nihilo, and acting as its defacto Supreme Being(as is currently being implied in 'Rebirth'.) That is what I don't care for at all... Johns seems to have taken his "perhaps I'll create life" comment WAY too far. thumb down

Thank you.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 09:07 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

"Ok everyone, huddle up. We still still know next to nothing about the particulars of this guy. But let's argue."

I.E.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 10:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote