KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Magneto

Thor vs Magneto
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Thor vs Magneto

Who wins?

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:08 AM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Depends.
Mags can control Mjolnir to an extent. He can probably trap it like Thanos did to stormbreaker.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:11 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Depends.
Mags can control Mjolnir to an extent. He can probably trap it like Thanos did to stormbreaker.

No he can't

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:19 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This has sort of happened, albeit a long time ago. Thor was shown as the superior.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:25 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Digi
This has sort of happened, albeit a long time ago. Thor was shown as the superior.

Iirc he deflected it. He didnt control it but yea years ago and seeing how mjolnir has a mind of it's own now i dont forsee it happening again

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:35 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mjolnir absorbed his magnetic shield.

It should be able to completely neutralize Mag's power, like it did Juggernaut. Or at the least, it should bypass his shields via absorption/dimensional shift for an easy win.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 01:47 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Thor ftw.

Magneto can hang with him, especially through his shields and crafty use of his powers, but generally Thor will always come out on top.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 02:49 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Magnus has manipulated the hammer before
http://static4.comicvine.com/upload...1-magneto87.jpg

And his shields have handled thor's hits more than once as well as other powerful hits

Thor's armour is also made of metal too,

He has stopped mjonir in mid air
http://i.stack.imgur.com/2UIHz.jpg

Last edited by Genii96 on May 24th, 2016 at 05:49 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:40 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Originally posted by Genii96
Magnus has manipulated the hammer before
http://static4.comicvine.com/upload...1-magneto87.jpg

Stops a moving mjonir dead in mid air

And his shields have handled thor's hits more than once as well as other powerful hits

Thor's armour is also made of metal too,

Old Post May 24th, 2016 05:45 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Originally posted by Genii96

Cool, but also in that same issue/comic Thor absorbed mags shields and got the better of him but not sure if it was before or after the above scans..

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:03 PM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

If the battlefield favored Mags he'd make Thor's life very miserable. Under normal circumstances I think Thor takes him, but he'd have a bit of a struggle.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:35 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Digi

(please log in to view the image)

Thor for a majority. You cant sleep on Magneto though.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:46 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Sin I AM
No he can't

Yes, he can.

Depends on the writer. Same with Cap's shield.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^ canon

And if we count alternate universes, then Mags has succeeded more times than not. Thor and his shitty toy... nothing but a joke.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:49 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by ozz81
Cool, but also in that same issue/comic Thor absorbed mags shields and got the better of him but not sure if it was before or after the above scans..

Before. Scan you saw was page 10. Scan i posted, page 15.
Like i said, you cant sleep on Magneto.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 10:49 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor wins.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor's hammer can travel at very fast speeds and Thor himself is faster then Magneto. I think he just knocks Magneto's head off before he can do anything.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
^ canon

And if we count alternate universes, then Mags has succeeded more times than not. Thor and his shitty toy... nothing but a joke.

There's no iron in mjnolnir, is there?

Now that Quanchi's sounded off, I'm almost tempted to just say "Yeah, **** Thorbags", but gotta ask. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can manipulate more then just iron. Essentially he can do almost anything if you say something fancy about magnetism when it happens. He even has telepathic powers.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 12:00 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote