KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » mandarin v carnage

mandarin v carnage
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

mandarin v carnage

how this goez?

Old Post May 24th, 2016 08:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Mandarin, and easily, unless Carnage has some recent absurd feats I'm unaware of.

Leo, you're a Madarin fan, no? Do you see this as close?

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even without the rings Mandarin could win.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 12:04 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur

Lol, no.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 09:49 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Digi
Mandarin, and easily, unless Carnage has some recent absurd feats I'm unaware of.

Leo, you're a Madarin fan, no? Do you see this as close?

yes and yes. smile

carnage is a monster though. he had a good showing imo against nova (sam) and has evolved past pretty well all symbiote weaknesses--including flame and sonics, mostly. his durability feats are pretty awesome. he's even been shown to be able to travel molecularly through computers. and that is what the rings are now--little computers. i wondered if he might be able to actually ENTER a ring and eff it up somehow.

he has the speed necessary to evade the ring blasts that could harm him. the disintegrator ring would def be an issue of it hit, but there's no guarantee it would. the matter ring would be an issue as well. it depends on whether carnage could reach him, and i think he could. if he did, mandy is finished.

i dunno man, i think this is a really tough call tbh....

Old Post May 25th, 2016 09:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Carnage is not nearly as good as Leo says (despite the canon feats he remembers from Carnage: Unleashed), but I do have to agree --- I don't see Full Power Carnage failing against Full Power Mandarin.

Hell, maybe for a moment. But he'll regenerate, come back and kill Mandy sad

Old Post May 25th, 2016 09:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by leonidas
yes and yes. smile

carnage is a monster though. he had a good showing imo against nova (sam) and has evolved past pretty well all symbiote weaknesses--including flame and sonics, mostly. his durability feats are pretty awesome. he's even been shown to be able to travel molecularly through computers. and that is what the rings are now--little computers. i wondered if he might be able to actually ENTER a ring and eff it up somehow.

he has the speed necessary to evade the ring blasts that could harm him. the disintegrator ring would def be an issue of it hit, but there's no guarantee it would. the matter ring would be an issue as well. it depends on whether carnage could reach him, and i think he could. if he did, mandy is finished.

i dunno man, i think this is a really tough call tbh....

Interesting. You know as much or more about Mandarin than I do, so I don't have to present the full counter-argument, but I do disagree. He's got AoE and such that would knock Carnage for a loop, and the rings you mentioned would be trouble.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 10:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Carnage has the regen. Really good regen.

Mandy has the fire, disingegration, ray... aoe... and all rings that can be used at once. Assuming it's Classic Mandy.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 10:59 PM
VanMae

Originally posted by Surtur

Nah, he might give about as good a fight as a decent level brick like Titania or Mr Hyde, but being able to chi-amp and karate-chop really, really hard aint winning this alone. He would need the rings for this.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 11:06 PM
VanMae is currently offline Click here to Send VanMae a Private Message Find more posts by VanMae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Carnage is not nearly as good as Leo says (despite the canon feats he remembers from Carnage: Unleashed), but I do have to agree --- I don't see Full Power Carnage failing against Full Power Mandarin.

Hell, maybe for a moment. But he'll regenerate, come back and kill Mandy sad

pfft. lol he's every bit as good. he has some pretty crazy feats. even traveling through a computer happened a long while back.

@digi--you could be right with the aoe attacks but like stilt says (one of the few things he has right....) he does have some great regen feats. the difference between them imo is this: if carnage can TOUCH mandy, he's basically screwed. he's got some decent durability feats himself but carnage could literally dismember him. he can also attack from...everywhere. if he can survive the initial barrage--and i think he can--the advantage is def his if he can close.

still not sure who i'd take tbh, but i def think out of 10 it would be something like 6-4 one way or the other.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:56 AM
ShadowFyre

Tough fight.started to say Mandarin should be able to just blast him to kingdom come, but the Symbiotes are bad ass. Carnage is faster than Parker,and he has already owned IM and Spidey together (it happened) if he gets within killing range which I figure anywhere within 10 feet of Cletus, then hes getting massacered.

I think crazy regen,speed, and every shot a kill shot lets Carnage edge him out

Old Post May 26th, 2016 08:14 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know Carnage got an upgrade recently in his book from a spell, Can't remember if he got a resistance to fire....i know he got one against intense sounds.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 08:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

His fire/sonic weaknesses were lessened even back in Maximum Carnage.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 12:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by VanMae
Nah, he might give about as good a fight as a decent level brick like Titania or Mr Hyde, but being able to chi-amp and karate-chop really, really hard aint winning this alone. He would need the rings for this.

So then he wasn't able to damage Iron Man's armor with his bare hands? Okay then, my mistake.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He was.

But Carnage is going to laugh at those hits, he regenerated his entire head in moments...

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He was.

But Carnage is going to laugh at those hits, he regenerated his entire head in moments...

Could Carnage physically damage IM's suit? Maybe IM's suit isn't as durable as I thought.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:25 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Could take him a while, depending on the writer. But yeah, he could.

And don't forget about this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DU7qrZqAl...600/DvM+027.jpg

big grin

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anytime Superman looks bad it means he was faking it.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:33 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

he could def infiltrate the armor if given the chance. tony's counter measures might deal with him though. hard to say. doesn't matter. tony's armor vs the symbiote is apples and oranges--they react very differently to physical attacks. mandy would die very quickly every time in this without rings.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 03:23 PM