KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Larfleeze vs. Thanos

Larfleeze vs. Thanos
Started by: Don Draper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

Larfleeze vs. Thanos

Ooookay. so the overwhelming consensus in my last thread made me realize that i needed to give Larfleeze a better opponent. so.....

(please log in to view the image)

v.s.

(please log in to view the image)

they fight on the moon. who wins?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:18 PM
Don Draper is currently offline Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos, easily.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hm.

Given that 'standard' Larf is capable of one-shotting Atrocitus when he gets pissed, and swatting around an amped Hal, an argument can be made that he rolls around at/near trans-level on average.

Either way, he can amp his power to WELL beyond what Thanos can deal with, nigh-instantly(he's gone from his standard power level to over 7,800%... and even 100,000% in the space of a single panel, for example.) Additionally, Larf's Orange Energy is constantly replenishing him, thus he doesn't lose any energy in battle.

So yeah, I just don't see how Thanos can deal with a being who can amp to gargantuan levels on the fly, possesses unlimited stamina, AND has an entire Corps-worth of independent constructs backing him. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 21st, 2016 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Hm.

Given that 'standard' Larf is capable of one-shotting Atrocitus when he gets pissed, and swatting around an amped Hal, an argument can be made that he rolls around at/near trans-level on average.

Either way, he can amp his power to WELL beyond what Thanos can deal with, nigh-instantly(he's gone from his standard power level to over 7,800%... and even 100,000% in the space of a single panel, for example.) Additionally, Larf's Orange Energy is constantly replenishing him, thus he doesn't lose any energy in battle.

So yeah, I just don't see how Thanos can deal with a being who can amp to gargantuan levels on the fly, possesses unlimited stamina, AND has an entire Corps-worth of independent constructs backing him. /shrug

Plus his showing against Invictus, right? Didn't he beat him once or stalemate him?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:49 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Larf is sooooooo exaggerated. Thanos wins. Consistent portrayals and highs that make Larf's highs look pathetic by comparison. I guess atrocious and Hal is impressive but Thanos easily dismissing the annihilators isn't.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm.

Thanos would definitely beat his ass and take the power.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:54 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hm.

Apart from the constructs, sounds a lot like a certain green character in Marvel..

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Thanos would definitely beat his ass and take the power.
thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 03:56 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Apart from the constructs, sounds a lot like a certain green character in Marvel..

yes

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:00 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ah yes... I forgot this is how Thanos threads always go.

Why did I even waste the finger energy to type an intelligible response, lol?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah yes... I forgot this is how Thanos threads always go.

Why did I even waste the finger energy to type an intelligible response, lol?

I think Thanos would probably need to rely on psionic powers to win this fight, so for me it depends on what mental resistance feats Larfleeze has.

Since otherwise there isn't any way Thanos should be able to even get physically close enough to kill Larfleeze and his eye beams aren't really going to do the job here.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Larf.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:09 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Surtur
I think Thanos would probably need to rely on psionic powers to win this fight, so for me it depends on what mental resistance feats Larfleeze has.

Since otherwise there isn't any way Thanos should be able to even get physically close enough to kill Larfleeze and his eye beams aren't really going to do the job here.

Volthoom and Dirge tried to attack his mind - he's just filled with desire, nothing more. There's nothing to attack.

When Dirge (planetary level) tried attacking, she was beaten off by all the Larf constructs in his mind.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:20 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not looking good for Thanos then.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Volthoom and Dirge tried to attack his mind - he's just filled with desire, nothing more. There's nothing to attack.

When Dirge (planetary level) tried attacking, she was beaten off by all the Larf constructs in his mind.
I like the Dyrge instance, because we actually get to see the inner-workings of Larf's mind, and what happens to an invader when they enter it:
Larfleeze has mental shields in place that prevented Dyrge, a member of The House of Tuath-Dan, from tampering with his mind:
http://i.imgur.com/O9LgV7e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pg5bf2A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iw6vvJ5.jpg

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Estacado
Larf.
Ewwwwwww.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 05:12 PM
Senor Cage

I like the Dyrge instance, because we actually get to see the inner-workings of Larf's mind, and what happens to an invader when they enter it:

House of Tuath-Dan are solid trans too.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 05:27 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Larfleeze

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 05:30 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ewwwwwww.

Nah.
Larf packs the power of a Lantern Corp.

I would give Thanos the win over any trans though...would even give him the win over Atrocitus+Sinestro+Hal+Kyle.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 05:34 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Estacado
Nah.
Larf packs the power of a Lantern Corp.

I would give Thanos the win over any trans though...would even give him the win over Atrocitus+Sinestro+Hal+Kyle.
So ? That doesn't translate into him being more powerful than Thanos nor does that make him invulnerable. He also lacks the tactical know how Thanos has in spades.

Thanos can close the distance and take the battery right off of him. Didn't Hal ?

smile

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 09:02 PM