KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Elaine Belloc Vs Mad Jim Jaspers

Elaine Belloc Vs Mad Jim Jaspers
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Elaine Belloc Vs Mad Jim Jaspers

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 04:21 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Depends on the version of Elaine I guess?

I mean there's Elaine as a god in Lucifer's world, Elaine with the Dermiurgos power and then Elaine as God.

If we're talking Elaine as God she wins this. She was absolutely omnipotent by that point.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 09:28 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yaadaveyaa

MJJ could kill a god especially elaine

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 01:29 AM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

How would he kill a God?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 01:55 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

The thing is Elaine as the Presence wasn't 'a god'.

She was God, who in Lucifer was presented as completely omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, unknowable and absolutely unassailable. Hell the whole story was about how you couldn't fight God, both physically and predestination wise.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 02:11 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

At what point? Even when she was "God" of Lucifer's creation (although even that is a somewhat loose term), she was still just a girl with some obvious emotional shortcomings. My guess is that MJJ runs circles around her regardless of where you want to place their respective omniscience.

Lucifer gets wins on the forums because he had that level of power and showed clear mastery of it over eons. I'm really not sure we can say the same for Elaine.

Knowing Zack, it's probably a cherry-picked moment from the arc where it would be impossible to argue against her. But I think Elaine for the vast majority of the run loses hard.

Last edited by Digi on Jun 24th, 2016 at 02:35 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 02:31 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Oh I meant at the end of the arc, when she actually becomes God, after both creations gets dumped into hers and she sits on the Primum Mobile and is truly Yahweh's successor. I mean that's when she's actually God.

Before that she just has Michael's power, and before that is just a minor god in Lucifer's world. And before that is a super minor half angel kid with a few weird powers.

But yeah that's why I asked which version of Elaine we're talking about, as it's very relevant against someone like MJJ.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 02:53 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
At what point? Even when she was "God" of Lucifer's creation (although even that is a somewhat loose term), she was still just a girl with some obvious emotional shortcomings. My guess is that MJJ runs circles around her regardless of where you want to place their respective omniscience.

Lucifer gets wins on the forums because he had that level of power and showed clear mastery of it over eons. I'm really not sure we can say the same for Elaine.

Knowing Zack, it's probably a cherry-picked moment from the arc where it would be impossible to argue against her. But I think Elaine for the vast majority of the run loses hard.

Eh? MJJ got killed by his own creation.

Elaine will own him with like a snap of her fingers.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 03:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yaadaveyaa

mjj is so powerful an entire universe was destroyed to stop his power from spreading i mean hes a legit threat i think he has the upper hand against elaine

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 12:17 PM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Digi

Shortcomings for sure, but even without anything resembling a mastery of her powers she was able to intuitively make her own creation with only a little bit of guidance.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 12:26 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Interesting matchup.

Elaine obviously has the power advantage.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 12:32 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Interesting.

Imo, Elaine definitely has the power advantage, while MJJ is the more adept reality manipulator. However, I see no feasible way that Jaspers can beat Elaine, while I DO think Elaine could eventually beat Jaspers(she can actually create ex nihilo, for example.)

That said, I think Elaine would eventually win in much the same manner that Fury ultimately did.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 02:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by krisblaze

Elaine obviously has the power advantage.

Perhaps good friend.

MJJ, is also "God" withIN his warp.

Alan Moore doesn't give a phuck about "God" .. he's an athiest.

To him, who wrote the story, MJJ was whatever "God" is ... but withIN his warp.

Now of course, with one necessary "weakness" otherwise the "story" wil never end.

That one weakness was not "un-space" as some believe, but rather ... the "Fury."

The "Fury," ... the only thing in the story "plotted" to resist the warp,
with durability greater than Concepts and "adaptation" ablities un-heard of to this day in Marvel.

Yet, as mighty as the Fury was, it was going to loose, it was spent battling "God" across universeS,
while "God" was still fresh in optimal conditions.
In the nick of time, the "Fury" finally reached "un-space" ...
which it only knew about because it was there in ground zero when that reality was nullified into "un-space."
The Fury tanked that cosmic scale spatial/temporal nullification without a scratch.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bottomline: If you're not the "Fury." Then you don't come with auto warp-resiting powers against "God."

Therefore, unless you're "God" too (or something better than "God") of whatever Totality, you lose against MJJ.

In Marvel world that is.

Last edited by Mr Master on Jun 25th, 2016 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 02:23 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 03:02 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

No one is ''God'' and this word is used too much here for practically every really powerful character, but Elaine wins.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 01:24 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote