KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC: Top Ten Most Powerful Artifacts

DC: Top Ten Most Powerful Artifacts
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Take a shot and list them. What are they, and why.

Example:
Worlogog
Central Battery
Creation Engine
Miracle Machine

etc..

Last edited by "Id" on Jul 22nd, 2016 at 03:35 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 03:28 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

-Any New Gods tech
-5D weapons- There so advance that we can't even comprehend them
-Cosmic Armor
-Diana's Bracelets
-Anti-Life Equation
-Rock Of Eternity
-Book Of Destiny
-H Dial
-Helmet Of Fate
-Spear Of Destiny

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 04:01 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^looks like you found the same list i did. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 04:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Wasn't there the book of Merlin which was able to unmake and remake all of creation?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 04:47 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

-sigh-

You tell us.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
-sigh-

You tell us.

Can't remember, which is why I asked. Stop with this, seriously.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:34 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

How is the "Anti Life Equation" considered an "Artifact"?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:47 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Ring of life would have to be up there also.
Given that it grants an ordinary person power over Spectre easily matches spear of destiny.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:59 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Oh and the bell, the Jar and thevwheel were powerful enough the Demons 3 and Mordru wanted them bad.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 06:01 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

The Heart Stones should be in the top 10. Definitely universal, perhaps Multiversal.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 08:18 AM
golem370

What about Lantern Rings and Entropy Aegis Armor?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 08:47 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Zack M
Can't remember, which is why I asked. Stop with this, seriously.

I already dont post in your threads so as not to. You're welcome. thumb up

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Eternity_Book

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 10:52 AM
SquallX

Originally posted by Flyattractor
How is the "Anti Life Equation" considered an "Artifact"?

I always saw it as an artifact because of the way it's used, not the Entity itself, just the Equation.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:06 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Yeah, its a maguffin; whole storylines have been built around it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

-First is probably whatever tech/artifacts the Yellow Aliens(ie. Trano and Zaarn) use, as they appear to transcend the concept of 'story' all together. In fact, they are literal agents of the power that brings the world of comics into being(IOW, agents of the RW writers/artists.) I posted some of their noteworthy showings here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=629407

-Next would be Morrison's Thought-Forms/Tech/Constructs, like: Ultra Comics/The Empty Hand, The Gentry, Cosmic Armor, Mandrakk, Super Doomsday, The Oblivion Machine, etc. They are powered solely by the concept of imagination/story... As is the 5th dimension and its denizens. Thus, they should be beyond pretty much ALL from an in-universe POV.

-Then comes Monitor-tech, followed closely by New God-tech.

Then you have the slew of tech/artifacts that have been stated and/or shown to be universe/multiverse/God-level...

-The Miracle Machine was used on a multiversal scale during Final Crisis.
-The energies of the GL Central Battery(both pre and post-Johns) made Hal and Kyle universal+ forces.
-The Heart Stones allowed Lady Styx to rival the God.
-The Heart of Darkness gave Eclipso "near-infinite" power, and put him on par with Spectre.
-If the elemental parliaments can be regarded as 'artifacts', then he who controls all of them(like Swamp Thing did) becomes powerful enough to replace the God.
-He who wields the entire emotional spectrum also wields the Life Equation, and becomes the most powerful force in the multiverse(ie. peak WL Kyle and Highfather)
-With a proper nexus, an adept wielder of the emotional spectrum can even become DC's Hand of Creation(ie. Volthoom.)
-An incomplete Worlogog can casually create universes, and even freeze universal big bangs forever in time. Though I suppose the 'gog is also New God tech, which I blanketed above, so meh...

-etc. etc. etc. There are SO many powerful items that have popped up over the years. Can't possibly mention them all...

Since we're on the topic, though, one of the most obscure(and haxx) artifacts I can recall was piece of pre-crisis tech called 'The Concentrator'. With a literal flip of a switch, it was able to instantly absorb ALL forms of energy/power throughout the entire universe:

laughing out loud love the Silver Age.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 22nd, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 06:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
-

-The Heart Stones allowed Lady Styx to rival the God.

laughing out loud love the Silver Age.

Thanks for the mention.

And the Concentrator is definitely one of the best scientific inventions in comics.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 06:14 PM
Senor Cage

BTW, what was the Oblivion Machine and who created it?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 06:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ The Oblivion Machine seems to essentially terraform an entire multiverse(along with its inhabitants) into a breeding/feeding ground for The Gentry.

The Gentry built it at the behest of The Empty Hand.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 06:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fun reading!!! yes

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 10:05 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
^ The Oblivion Machine seems to essentially terraform an entire multiverse(along with its inhabitants) into a breeding/feeding ground for The Gentry.

The Gentry built it at the behest of The Empty Hand.

Thanks.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 10:31 PM