KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Psylocke Vs Backlash

Psylocke Vs Backlash
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Psylocke Vs Backlash

Backlash in his prime.

(please log in to view the image)

vs

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 05:09 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

I love that poster man.

Backlash in his prime should be able to mist into Psylockes body and burst out through her pores. I've seen him do it once or twice.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2016 09:03 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

In her prime, she should be able to turn his mind off.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:45 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
In her prime, she should be able to turn his mind off.

Backlash's psi whips can disrupt tp/tk powers.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 01:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I'm aware. I was responding to the "mist into body and explode" argument. If Marc is going CIS-less, then Psylocke can respond in kind. Quite frankly, he does not want to play the ultra high feat game with her.

Average for both combatants will be interesting though. Similar physical stats and skills with some power shenanigans they can both do.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 30th, 2016 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 02:11 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'm aware. I was responding to the "mist into body and explode" argument. If Marc is going CIS-less, then Psylocke can respond in kind. Quite frankly, he does not want an ultra high-end feat war against Psylocke. She's done some dumb stuff.

Average for both combatants will be interesting though. Similar physical stats and skills with some power shenanigans they can both do.

Who do you think is more skilled? I'm leaning towards Backlash, since he has way more experience and his fights with Zealot.

Agility and speed also goes to Backlash. He's basically like Spider-Man with ninja abilities.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 02:23 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Zack M
Backlash's psi whips can disrupt tp/tk powers.

Psylocke has bypassed such equipment.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 04:01 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Psylocke has bypassed such equipment.

She's never fought anyone like backlash.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 05:08 AM
DarkSaint85

She's never fought anyone like backlash.

Fantomex has a helmet which blocks Xavier and JEan combined, Shadow King etc..

Betsy bypassed it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 06:53 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fantomex has a helmet which blocks Xavier and JEan combined, Shadow King etc..

Betsy bypassed it.

That's good, but what I meant is that she's never fought someone with the same power set and physical attributes. How does Betsy stack up against someone who is as agile and fast as spiderman with skills to match the top streets in wildstorm?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 07:26 AM
StyleTime

He's not Spiderman speed/agility though. Marc and Betsy are roughly interchangeable.

Skills are debatable. Depends on where we'd place folks like Wolverine and Daredevil against Zealot, and how much Psylocke's psi-shenanigans play into it.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 30th, 2016 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 05:38 PM
Senor Cage

He actually did go up against Spider-Man in a crossover. Yeah, we don't use crossovers, but he also went up against Savage Dragon and dodged whatever he threw at him. That wasn't a crossover.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2016 07:05 PM
StyleTime

I never said Marc was slow or immobile. Just don't see how he's faster than Psylocke, especially not reflex-wise. I mean, she can slash so fast, it looks like she doesn't move.

https://postimg.org/image/scoicxfi1/

I'll give my thoughts on the outcome a little later, but I don't think speed will be the determining factor.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 31st, 2016 at 11:41 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2016 11:38 PM
Senor Cage

He's not Spiderman speed/agility though. Marc and Betsy are roughly interchangeable.

Skills are debatable. Depends on where we'd place folks like Wolverine and Daredevil against Zealot, and how much Psylocke's psi-shenanigans play into it.

Zealot is definitely on their level. And I don't see Psylocke on Backlash or Zealot's level of skill, tbh.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 08:23 AM
StyleTime

I'm fine with that.

As for my take on the fight. I think they are rough equals physically with a possible skill edge to Marc. In h2h, it could be anyone's game but their powers change things. They both have access to powerset shenanigans, but Psylocke's abilities present a bigger obstacle to Marc than vice versa. Putting aside high end stuff, Psylocke can still cast illusions, run telekinetic interference, and has 1 shot potential with her psi-blade. Marc will hang but can't fight all that off indefinitely. Even with his mist form, Betsy could double down on her psionic assault.

She's got cards to play whatever Marc chooses to do, so I'd give the overall edge to her.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 06:44 PM
Senor Cage

When has Psylocke fought and defeated someone with a similar power set? Backlash could just rip her from the inside, mist style.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 06:49 PM
StyleTime

If we're going by CIS-off high ends, Psylocke would shut his brain off before he does anything. Mist or no mist.

She competes in a much tougher psychic arena, and has the feats to blow him off the map, but I was using CIS on stuff.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 06:59 PM
Senor Cage

When has she done that to a mist opponent?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 08:29 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Psylocke Vs Backlash

Backlash in his prime.

vs

Wth happened to the pics?

Thought tinypic was good.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 08:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I deleted them

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 09:14 PM