KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sentry Vs Gotham

Sentry Vs Gotham
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Sentry Vs Gotham

Who wins?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:03 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

stats/info for G.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
stats/info for G.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t631287.html

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:10 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:38 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

So Gotham can only adjust to physical stats? He loses hard.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:21 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotham wins . Spite.

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 04:13 PM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

How is Gotham going to beat him? Does he have anything else to bring to the table besides strength and heat vision? If not, he cant win.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 04:26 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I understand it correctly Gotham can become more powerful to a certain limit but it shortens greatly his lifespan ?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 04:27 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by RealityWarper
If I understand it correctly Gotham can become more powerful to a certain limit but it shortens greatly his lifespan ?

Correct

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 04:30 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -K-M-
Correct

He could just die by pushing himself too much in that case.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 04:46 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotham is not just 'strength'. He oneshots JL, he will just have the minimum to beat Opponent no matter what. You do know what JL is. What now Sentry > JL ? Superman alone would beat Sentry. THere is no bound whether physical or magic, he will just have whatever is needed to beat . Hence, he wins.

P.S. Gotham Girl : " We can be ordinary for decades or Superman for some years or GODS for some hours. "

Now, if he wants to adjust more, he will decrease life span for few minutes and end Sentry in seconds. Still a win though.

LOL = healthy life

Last edited by bobbybatman on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 05:31 PM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bobbybatman
Gotham is not just 'strength'. He oneshots JL, he will just have the minimum to beat Opponent no matter what.

So he will have the minimum to beat Thanos, then Odin, then Zeus, then Shaper of World, then Shaper of World, then Beyonder, then Kubik, then Molecule Man and then Sentry ?

Oh wait...

He completely burned out his lifespan just to be able to beat the JL...

A feat that could be performed by Thanos or Darkseid easily...

quote:

You do know what JL is. What now Sentry > JL ?

Sentry is so above the JL in power that a fight against them wouldn't even be fun to watch.

That's not because he looks like a Superman with mental illnesses that he is a Superman...

The closest thing to the Sentry are the Cosmic Cube beings and he is more powerful than all of them.

quote:

Superman alone would beat Sentry.

Based on ?

quote:

THere is no bound whether physical or magic, he will just have whatever is needed to beat . Hence, he wins.

Sentry is now completely stable since the Reminder's arc and therefore has constantly an infinite power-level...

I mean, it's not like Jenkins (creator of the character), Bendis (main writer of the character during years and still main writer at Marvel), the Official Handbooks and Sentry's showing against Molecule Man at full power already confirmed this...

But hey if you have proof that Gotham can match the power of a Cosmic Cube-being at least it's up to you to post the scan in here...

I mean, it's not like Sentry put any effort in destroying Molecule Man once he discovered that he could manipulate the reality:

[b](please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

It is more like 0 effort to beat Molecule Man so I have no problem seeing Sentry destroying everyone the same way.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 05:47 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can stay at GOD mode for hours, so yes he will beat many of what you mentioned. He was killed by his sister. Beating out JL did nothing to him as shown in comics. And yes, he will beat DS and Thanos. Justice League can take down Sentry with ease. If you are putting that Sentry, then there is JL: 1 million or those God level Justice League with Death Flash. You are considering highest form of Sentry, then PC Supes will whoop him all over universe.
This Sentry is a laughable character like that Saitama. So much power but still feels hollow and shallow. About that infinity thing, Superman and Flash are also infinite beings with no limit.
To the scan : If Gotham can stay God for hours, he can become more than that for minutes. And don't tell me Sentry can't be defeated. Neither he is TOAA nor LT of his universe.
Judging by those scans, Sentry might be the worst hero I ever read about. So stupid variation in power levels. You don't see this stupidity in DC .

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:10 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

P.S. Gotham Girl : " We can be ordinary for decades or Superman for some years or GODS for some hours. "

Now, if he wants to adjust more, he will decrease life span for few minutes and end Sentry in seconds. Still a win though.

He didn't show that he can reach Sentry's power-level... Which is infinite according to Marvel.

GG NO RE I would say.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:12 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel's infinite level means nothing. Next thing is what : Sentry oneshots LT cuz he is infinite. Its all relative. There are many 'infinite heroes/villains' in Marvel who goes infinite and get their asses whooped afterwards. In injustice , Zatanna went to hiding in front of Spectre. SPECTRE. So, according to what Spectre IS, he must have known where they went but he didn't have any idea. Spectre > infinity.
Everything can be killed and has weakness, no matter what.

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:18 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can stay at GOD mode for hours, so yes he will beat many of what you mentioned.

Besides Extreme Strength and Durability he showed nothing that could worry Sentry considering his powerset and his power-level.

quote:

He was killed by his sister.

And ?

quote:
Beating out JL did nothing to him as shown in comics.

It greatly shortened his lifespan...

quote:

And yes, he will beat DS

No way, mate. ^_^

quote:

and Thanos.

Big Maybe.

quote:

Justice League can take down Sentry with ease.

How exactly ? Lel.

quote:

If you are putting that Sentry,

Current incarnation.

Sentry when stable is exactly the same.

I don't have to use an unstable Sentry on a battle forum, lol.

Would you use a Superman poisoned by Kryptonite radiation on a battle forum ?

No, of course.

quote:

then there is JL: 1 million

Ok.

quote:
or those God level Justice League with Death Flash.

Ok.

quote:

You are considering highest form of Sentry,

Nope.

Just his current incarnation which is the same thing as a stable Sentry with morals off.

quote:

then PC Supes will whoop him all over universe.

Based on ?

Moreover all Supermen have been retconned at the same power-level during Convergence. Lel.

quote:

This Sentry is a laughable character like that Saitama.

Wow ! That's an astounding argument ! Tell me more about it ! big grin

quote:

So much power but still feels hollow and shallow.

Lel.

quote:

About that infinity thing, Superman and Flash are also infinite beings with no limit.

Nope.

They have limits actually.

Superman is limited by the quantity of energy in his cells and by his power-set.

Flash has a limited power-set and can be sucked into the Speed Force if he exert himself too much.

quote:

To the scan : If Gotham can stay God for hours, he can become more than that for minutes.

Just more strength and durability. Lel.

The word "God" is a bit hyperbolic.

quote:

And don't tell me Sentry can't be defeated. Neither he is TOAA nor LT of his universe.

Wow ! Second astounding argument !

How Gotham beat him please ? Educate me ! XD

quote:

Judging by those scans, Sentry might be the worst hero I ever read about.

You've never read anything about Sentry besides those two scans ?

quote:

So stupid variation in power levels. You don't see this stupidity in DC .

The variations in his power-level are explained at depending on his mental state, which is a former weakness now as it has been removed.

There is nothing stupid in it.

Lel.

Wasn't New-52 Superman depowered by his own Solar Flare + Vandal Savage machination then repowered ?

Ah yes he was ! big grin

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:23 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Almost everyone told me he sucks. Even people in stores tell don't buy Sentry comics.
And can't you reply in paragraph. It is really not cool, that pattern of replying . Line by line. You are asking me to educate ? I did it already. Saitama's story sounds more interesting than him . Lel. Some more about it. Superman have beaten many Gods and that GOD reference would be obviously more than that. So, its pretty straight. Ans its a bit unbias, Sentry is a perfect infinite and yet the infinite Superman and Flash are very limited. Read some more comics another than Sentry . Good, now only infinite hero in the verse is SENTRY cuz others have 'bounds and limitations ' Lel
And the number of times you typed Lel, same times read Batman #5 with some more focus than you gave on Sentry. LeL.

LOL = healthy life

Last edited by bobbybatman on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:27 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel's infinite level means nothing.

That's not an argument.

quote:

Next thing is what : Sentry oneshots LT cuz he is infinite. Its all relative. There are many 'infinite heroes/villains' in Marvel who goes infinite and get their asses whooped afterwards.

That comment is so random...

quote:

In injustice , Zatanna went to hiding in front of Spectre. SPECTRE. So, according to what Spectre IS, he must have known where they went but he didn't have any idea. Spectre > infinity.

Spectre isn't omniscient and his power-level is entirely depending on the Presence with a certain limit.

quote:

Everything can be killed and has weakness, no matter what.

Except fictional characters whom can't be killed and have no weaknesses ?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:39 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Almost everyone told me he sucks. Even people in stores tell don't buy Sentry comics.

Likes and dislikes are subjective.

quote:

And can't you reply in paragraph. It is really not cool, that pattern of replying . Line by line.

Do you prefer that I avoid debating with you ?

quote:

You are asking me to educate ? I did it already.

I was ironical.

quote:

Saitama's story sounds more interesting than him .

They are different character concepts.

They don't have the same purpose.

quote:

Lel. Some more about it. Superman have beaten many Gods and that GOD reference would be obviously more than that.

?

quote:

So, its pretty straight. Ans its a bit unbias, Sentry is a perfect infinite and yet the infinite Superman and Flash are very limited.

I am struggling to decipher what you are saying.

quote:

Read some more comics another than Sentry

It's a joke right ?

I have near three decades at reading Comics, Mangas, Franco-Belgium Comics and Books

quote:

. Good, now only infinite hero in the verse is SENTRY cuz others have 'bounds and limitations ' Lel

Can you please shape an argument that could be used into that thread ?

quote:

And the number of times you typed Lel, same times read Batman #5 with some more focus than you gave on Sentry. LeL.

I've read all of them.

Gotham has did nothing close to what Sentry did so far.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 07:24 PM
tkitna

You do know what JL is. What now Sentry > JL ? Superman alone would beat Sentry.

Oh, so you arent aware of what the Sentry is right now. Sorry for confusing you. The JL and Superman are nothing to him right now. Seriously, Superman is the 99lb weakling that gets sand kicked in his face. Keep up with the character and then post.

quote:
THere is no bound whether physical or magic, he will just have whatever is needed to beat . Hence, he wins.

So he's a no limit fallacy character? He could beat beings like LT, Spectre, Galactus, or whoever? Yet he appears to be dead right now? Hmmm

quote:

End Sentry in seconds? This I would like to see since nobody but the Sentry himself has been able to do so up to this point.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 01:38 AM