KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battle of magic!!

Battle of magic!!
Started by: Don Draper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

Battle of magic!!

Black alice & Dr. fate
vs.
Fate(jared) & Frankenstien

DCNU Franken. everyone else is pre flashpoint.

GO!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 05:48 AM
Don Draper is currently offline Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Fun fact: Frank possesses no magic at all. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:26 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

None? i thought thats the only reason he was part of the jld?

confused

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:46 AM
Don Draper is currently offline Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

None at all...

http://i.imgur.com/ii2rSde.jpg
"Subject contains no magical energy."

http://i.imgur.com/RygEQbZ.jpg
"There isn't a shred of magic in him."

Frank was included in the JLD because he has a very unique/esoteric set of abilities, which are a corollary of his even more idiosyncratic physiology. He is one of a kind, that's for sure.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 25th, 2016 at 07:10 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 07:00 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
None at all...

http://i.imgur.com/ii2rSde.jpg
"Subject contains no magical energy."

http://i.imgur.com/RygEQbZ.jpg
"There isn't a shred of magic in him."

Frank was included in the JLD because he has a very unique/esoteric set of abilities, which are a corollary of his even more idiosyncratic physiology. He is one of a kind, that's for sure.
Interesting thanks. Who were those people scanning him in those pages? they seemed totally baffeld by him lol.

who do you think wins here?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 07:20 AM
DarkSaint85

Black Alice could channel Fate, making two trans level characters on the field.

Jared will punch them out.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 08:41 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Don Draper
Interesting thanks. Who were those people scanning him in those pages? they seemed totally baffeld by him lol.

who do you think wins here?
They were the inhabitants of Epoch -- an other-dimensional planet with an extraordinarily strong magical element to it.

As for this match:
Jared is immune to all magic, and Frank is not magical -- so the only being on the field who Alice can absorb for sure is her own teammate. This is a catch-22, however, because if Alice duped Doctor Fate's magics, he'd be powerless. So this basically boils down to Doctor Fate vs. Jared(Frank is really of no consequence in the long run.) And Jared certainly has showings to suggest he can beat Doctor Fate.

...Now if you've allowed Alice access to her previous powers as well, then it changes things a bit. smile

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 02:56 PM
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

...Now if you've allowed Alice access to her previous powers as well, then it changes things a bit. smile
How so? thought about allowing all her powers but didnt know if that would be over the top.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 08:06 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Because she's duped pretty much every noteworthy magical being you can think of -- from Alan Scott, to Zatanna, to Phantom Stranger, to Spectre, to Thunderbolt. She has also duped magical equipment like Dianna's Bracers & Lasso, Doctor Occult's Amulet, Blue Devil's Trident, etc.

Additionally, she HAS accessed the magical abilities of those she's duped in the past, without them being in her vicinity. It would seem that once she's duped a powerset, she retains access to it. So if we're talking *peak* Alice here, she *would* be able to use her previous powers -- in which case, she wins.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 26th, 2016 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 08:15 PM
DarkSaint85

Because if she can only take Fates, he gets depowered.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 08:15 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Because she's duped pretty much every noteworthy magical being you can think of -- from Alan Scott, to Zatanna, to Phantom Stranger, to Spectre, to Thunderbolt. She has also duped magical equipment like Dianna's Bracers & Lasso, Doctor Occult's Amulet, Blue Devil's Trident, etc.

Additionally, she HAS accessed the magical abilities of those she's duped in the past, without them being in her vicinity. It would seem that once she's duped a powerset, she retains access to it. So if we're talking *peak* Alice here, she *would* be able to use her previous powers -- in which case, she wins.

The fact that she Duped Occult lends to the idea that she can possibly dupe Jarred to some degree.
Richard Occult also has an immunity/resistance.

http://rs1232.pbsrc.com/albums/ff36...80&fit=clip

Here in Black Baptism he drew a magical weapon out of Superman into him because his resistence could handle it.

The question becomes how much whe can and how easily she can use it. Jarred's immunity is noteably greater than Richards and Black Alice had definite control issues using his power because of it. For example she could dimensionally travel using Occults power but had little control over location. She also stated it was hard to use Occults powers (which shes never done for anyone else).

Last edited by beatboks on Aug 26th, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 10:39 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's not that Alice needs to dupe Jared's abilities -- it's that Jared's total immunity to magic would negate most(possibly all) of the powers at her disposal.

I mean, I'd like to think the powers of Spectre or Thunderbolt would be able to bypass Jared's immunity... But then I remember the Nekron scene.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 11:03 PM
operator616

It's not that Alice needs to dupe Jared's abilities -- it's that Jared's total immunity to magic would negate most(possibly all) of the powers at her disposal.

I mean, I'd like to think the powers of Spectre or Thunderbolt would be able to bypass Jared's immunity... But then I remember the Nekron scene.

The spectre part was asked by a fan in Fate #16 letter's page. The editor seemed to think it would most likely be a stalemate, meaning he is basically immune.

http://imgur.com/j33XmZZ

Jared could be easily hurt by conventional weaponry on the other hand, so Black Alice should be able kill him indirectly (like telekinetically dump a building on him for example).

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 01:41 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by operator616
Jared could be easily hurt by conventional weaponry on the other hand, so Black Alice should be able kill him indirectly (like telekinetically dump a building on him for example).
Unless otherwise specified, the forum battlefield defaults to a blank/featureless environment... So there'd be nothing for Alice to drop on Jared or w/e.

I agree with what you're saying, though.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:07 AM