KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Uatu vs Proemial Gods

Uatu vs Proemial Gods
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
The Weeknd

Uatu vs Proemial Gods

The Ganthet/Uatu thread got me thinking. How would Uatu do against these guys?

Round 1 vs Aegis
Round 2 vs Tenebrous
Round 3 vs Both

This isn't a gauntlet.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 11:23 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

aren't the PG peers to galactus?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 11:30 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dynamix
aren't the PG peers to galactus?

That's a good question. There's been a debate since they first appeared because they fought Galactus when it looked like he was about to feast on a planet. Then you have the fact that Aegis died and Tenebrous seemingly ran away from the Galactus Engine during Thanos Imperative. But Galactus was still there fighting it by himself.

We only have lip service by a member of Annihilus' minions that 'each of them are equal to Galactus'.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 12:02 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i was always under the impression for some reason that each was as powerful as a normal/low level galactus. /shrug i'd say either would be a very close match up for uatu. maybe a tiny edge to uatu because he actually has some feats. no way i can see him beating both in a straight up fight.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 12:17 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Antiphon(the Watcher-analogue) was stated to be the weakest of the Promeial Gods. Not sure if that necessarily crosses-over here, but it is something to consider. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 12:17 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that's a fair point. i think its been pretty firmly established that not all watchers are created equal though. impossible to know where antiphon would stand in relation to uatu. meh, it's close imo. uatu is def in the same class i think. just based on some of his high end stuff i'd still take him for a tiny edge over either. together they kill him.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 12:23 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

True. I mean, I'd like to think the Proemial God version of a Watcher would be > the other members of the race, but there's no way to know for sure.

Anyway, I think T&A are slightly below Galactus-level individually, so it's entirely possible that Uatu could make this a fight. Definitely gets stomped by them together.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 12:28 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by leonidas
i think its been pretty firmly established that not all watchers are created equal though.

Yup. Quasar was knocking one around for a little bit. Can't see him doing that to either T or A. Or Uatu.

Also in T and A's defense, Galactus called them a 'far greater threat' than the Maker. And Maker supposedly had the power to reverse the Crunch or something.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 03:19 AM
AonForge
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zopzop
That's a good question. There's been a debate since they first appeared because they fought Galactus when it looked like he was about to feast on a planet. Then you have the fact that Aegis died and Tenebrous seemingly ran away from the Galactus Engine during Thanos Imperative. But Galactus was still there fighting it by himself.

We only have lip service by a member of Annihilus' minions that 'each of them are equal to Galactus'.

Being brave and being powerful are two different things - two guys with equal power levels vs active volcano near village - one could decide to help evacuate the civies while one could run - it's about the attitude - .::

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:16 PM
AonForge is currently offline Click here to Send AonForge a Private Message Find more posts by AonForge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The Proemial War ended when they brought thier conflict to Galactus. So based on this and as others pointed out. No they are not in the same class as a healthy Galactus.

They seem to be in a notch below, in the same class as the Mad Celestials.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:20 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AonForge
Restricted

Account Restricted

Each of them would defeat Uatu - they may not be exactly as powerful as Galactus - but they're not far off - Aegis was able to KO Galactus from behind while he fought Tenebrous in Annihilation - .::

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:23 PM
AonForge is currently offline Click here to Send AonForge a Private Message Find more posts by AonForge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Galactus called them a 'far greater threat' than the Maker. And Maker supposedly had the power to reverse the Crunch or something.

You could argue this to death, but greater threat does not necessarily equate to greater power. e.g The Joker is a far greater threat to Gotham than Superman.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:28 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Superman is a hero, joker is not

Old Post Sep 24th, 2016 11:51 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Cogito
You could argue this to death, but greater threat does not necessarily equate to greater power. e.g The Joker is a far greater threat to Gotham than Superman.

thumb up

Maker was also mentally unstable and didnt utilize its power correctly...

It unexplicably made itself vulnerable against Thanos when it had no sane reason to do so (Thanos even realizes this and questions the Maker as to why it was doing this)...

We have seen the Makers power (in the hands of Spiderman) utterly own Galactus...

We've seen the Makers power remake all of reality in a fraction of a second...

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Sep 24th, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2016 11:56 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Genii96
Superman is a hero, joker is not

It doesnt have to be Superman for his point to be valid...

Killer Croc is more "powerful" than Joker, but guess who's the greater threat to Gotham?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2016 11:58 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Re: Uatu vs Proemial Gods

The Ganthet/Uatu thread got me thinking. How would Uatu do against these guys?

Round 1 vs Aegis
Round 2 vs Tenebrous
Round 3 vs Both

This isn't a gauntlet.

I honestly think Uatu loses in all 3...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 12:25 AM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Re: Re: Uatu vs Proemial Gods

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I honestly think Uatu loses in all 3...

I'm of this opinion too.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 02:53 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Uatu has better feats than the gods though.

erm

Old Post Sep 25th, 2016 03:10 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote