KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Ray Vs Photon (Monica)

The Ray Vs Photon (Monica)
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

The Ray Vs Photon (Monica)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 09:18 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Zop! GO!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 11:56 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Just saw this. IMHO, draw. Neither can really hurt the other. Ray is infinitely cooler though. Love the character design.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:07 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Good answer! Ray will be apart of the Justice League. Did you know this?!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:07 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Good answer! Ray will be apart of the Justice League. Did you know this?!

I've been slowly getting into comics again. More so DC than Marvel because current Marvel is.........ugh.

I hope DC does him justice.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:08 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

You like Killer Frost?! She's also part of the team. Only 4 members have been revealed so far.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:09 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Zack M
You like Killer Frost?! She's also part of the team. Only 4 members have been revealed so far.

Yup. Hopefully they don't nerf her now that she's a part of a team. That trick was about to devour the Sun until Firestorm stopped her. That's uber as phuck.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:10 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd say monica has a solid edge. same general powers but she has far greater versatility and much better control over her entire powerset. i'd def take her for a solid majority. unless current ray has shown to be a lot better than his pre=boot version....

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:33 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Didn't beatbok's post a bunch of scans of Ray's versatility and complete control of his powers? This was in his later appearances when he got used to his powers.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 03:29 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i don't know. if he did i didn't see them. he'd have had to have some pretty ridiculous control to match monica's feats.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 01:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

He's got that and more.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 01:52 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

fraid i'd need to see that....

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:44 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'd say Monica takes this. Tirryl has the power but lacks the confidence. Yes he eventually got it and has shown the versatility in JLTF, but the % of his showings at this level isn't high.

Ray's biggest problem for most of his appearances was simple lack of faith in himself. Think about it, his greatest enemy in his solo series was Dark Masque an AI of his own creation that ran his own light construct as a training tool. He made this tool to test himself and try to become better. He was easily led both by his father and Vandal Savage because of this lack of faith. If he had that faith there is NO WAY Arth8ur Light would have bested him when in sheer power and versatility in it's use Ray is above him.

We just never got to see enough of Ray with confidence in himself acting at the peak of his power to take a solid majority of Monica who has acted at that level for the majority of her appearances.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 03:20 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

agreed. thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:53 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by leonidas
fraid i'd need to see that....

He's got some great highs and even his lows have context behind them. The most insane thing he did, that I can recall, was during his fight with pre reboot Lobo (you know the guy that beat Superman). Lobo with toonforce was unable to do anything but annoy Ray and Lobo was out for blood. He tried killing Ray by luring him into an ANTI-MATTER chamber. Ray's energy form was about to explode but he actually overcame the effect and decided it was time to get serious with Lobo. Lobo couldn't believe what happened and gave up and flew off.

Lobo was out for blood from the get-go but Ray only got serious when he figured Lobo was actually trying to kill him.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:00 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

meh, i've seen the fight--think i have the issue somewhere. lobo is a physical character--that wouldn't mean sh!t to ray or monica so surviving lobo is no biggie for either. assume energy form and he can't do anything to either of them. the antimatter thing is solid enough but i don't recall exactly what happened there, nor is it something that i can't see monica replicating anyway. didn't blue marvel just use his powers on her to heal her or something....? and regardless, that is still just one feat. monica has....dozens of uber feats to use. she wins on consistently being more powerful and consistently having much better control of her powers.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:20 PM