KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Panther vs. Doc Octopus

Black Panther vs. Doc Octopus
Started by: Vanguard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vanguard

Black Panther vs. Doc Octopus

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

They start fifteen feet apart. Most current versions of each.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 10:39 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Oc. Cant see how panther could close the gap

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 10:59 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Oc. Cant see how panther could close the gap

Panthers fast. Spider-Man has complimented him on his speed. And Panther has stated he's possibly faster than Spider-Man.

(please log in to view the image)image hosting 10mb limit

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 11:07 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Anti-metal claws are T'Challa's biggest advantage here.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 11:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Vanguard
Panthers fast. Spider-Man has complimented him on his speed. And Panther has stated he's possibly faster than Spider-Man.

(please log in to view the image)image hosting 10mb limit

I take that scene with a grain of salt. He's not outpacing parker on average. Anywho the issue is getting past those tentacles and anti metal claws arent exactly standard equip

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 12:39 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Anywho the issue is getting past those tentacles and anti metal claws arent exactly standard equip

True. But the energy daggers are. I think making use of those gives him the advantage he needs. A ranged weapon and a close quarters weapon that cuts through just about anything

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 12:44 AM
Vanguard

more

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 08:44 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could buy Panther being up to par with Matt, maybe. Not on Spidey (And ftr, Beast thought he was faster than Spidey, too. He gets underestimated a lot.)

Oct probably should win on average, barring a lucky dagger shot (Those tentacles can deflect them, though.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 08:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

and anti metal claws arent exactly standard equip

They are.

In comics and other media, such as video games.

We know for sure that current 616 T'Challa uses them, as he chopped Deadpool's sword to pieces.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 08:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They are.

We know for sure that current 616 T'Challa uses them, as he chopped Deadpool's sword to pieces.

Yea I forgot about that. And I was the one that posted scans of the fight. sad

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 09:19 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They are.

What other media? In taking about anti metal claws not energy daggers (which I've only seen in EMH). I seen that deadpool fight. But iirc it wasnt stated those claws were antimetal? Was there some narration i missed.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 09:45 PM
Vanguard

Was there some narration i missed.

No.

I would say we're mainly going by the theory that since he shattered them with his claws that they were indeed anti-metal. And since those are the only claws he uses....there ya go....

He used the energy daggers in Ultimates Squared...which I personally think are just as deadly as the anti-metal claws.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 11:49 PM
Senor Cage

Doc.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2016 11:51 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

mad

Old Post Nov 29th, 2016 11:58 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Vanguard
No.

I would say we're mainly going by the theory that since he shattered them with his claws that they were indeed anti-metal. And since those are the only claws he uses....there ya go....

He used the energy daggers in Ultimates Squared...which I personally think are just as deadly as the anti-metal claws.

Is that so. Got 2 questions then. Doesnt antimetal liquefy metals, not break them? And 2 if his claws are infact antimetal then wouldn't the affect his vibranium suit? Since u know it's vibranium..

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 12:21 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

IMO, Spider-Man is probably Marvel's top jobber (or is that Galactus?)

I see Panther having a problem with Dock.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:09 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Mindship
IMO, Spider-Man is probably Marvel's top jobber (or is that Galactus?)

I see Panther having a problem with Dock.

This guy gets it

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 10:30 PM
Vanguard

Is that so. Got 2 questions then. Doesnt antimetal liquefy metals, not break them? And 2 if his claws are infact antimetal then wouldn't the affect his vibranium suit? Since u know it's vibranium..

The antimetal usually just breaks the other metal. I've never seen it liquify.

As for the metal affecting the suit, that shouldn't happen. The suit is very advanced. It's actually activated by Panther's thoughts. He gives a mental command for the suit to cover him and it does. So there's probably a sophisticated way to house the claws so that it doesn't affect the suit.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 12:56 AM
bluewaterrider

Anti-metal in the Marvel Universe is actually a TYPE of vibranium.
Enter "vibranium" as a Wikipedia search term.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 03:23 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote