KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lanterns vs Heralds

Lanterns vs Heralds
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Lanterns vs Heralds

Laterns:
WL - Kyle
GL - Hal
YL - Sinestro
RL - Atrocitus

Note: Just Rings, no amps, entities, or life equations etc..

vs

Heralds:
Silver Surfer
Red Shift
Stardust
Morg The Executioner

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:14 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Probably the Lanterns. Red Shift is the weak link, IMO.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:14 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lanterns easily.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:33 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

White lantern kyle is probably trans level easily so he almost solos
Adding in high herald level characters like hal and sinestro makes this a stomp

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:42 AM
hutchy1345 is currently offline Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nwg202

lanterns

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:32 PM
nwg202 is currently offline Click here to Send nwg202 a Private Message Find more posts by nwg202 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Lanterns

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 02:26 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Lanterns..

..get drained.

Kyle can win on paper, but in practice he gets punked all the time.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 04:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Lanterns..

..get drained.

Kyle can win on paper, but in practice he gets punked all the time.

Even the creators of the green light are unable to drain the rings of power if the Lantern wills it.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/298...05-013.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/298...05-014.jpg.html

No Herald is adapt enough to drain emotional spectrum energy anyway.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 05:24 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Even if they can control willpower...Hal has something to say about that..

(please log in to view the image)

And we all know how that fight against Krona went.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 05:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Frankly, I think current Hal would have a decent shot at soloing. The dude appeared to become some sort of embodiment of willpower, beyond even the Guardians' comprehension, and was capable of stalemating/beating universal-ish beings(ie. an alternate Parallax and Sinestrollax.) At the very least I believe Hal alone could take a BIG chunk out of the Heralds.

*Unless you're considering his current levels 'amped'... In which case he doesn't solo, but he can certainly beat any one of the Heralds individually. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 05:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Galan007
Frankly, I think current Hal would have a decent shot at soloing. The dude appeared to become some sort of embodiment of willpower, beyond even the Guardians' comprehension, and was capable of stalemating/beating universal-ish beings(ie. an alternate Parallax and Sinestrollax.) At the very least I believe Hal alone could take a BIG chunk out of the Heralds.

*Unless you're considering his current levels 'amped'... In which case he doesn't solo, but he can certainly beat any one of the Heralds individually. /shrug

I'd consider him amped. smile

But yeah, Hal should do allright against most individual heralds. Norrin, imo, "should" be several steps above herald class (To the point where I personally consider Thor holding his own to be PIS. Bill and Nova Prime are at least as powerful, but lack Thor's "character shield")

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 06:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Probably not a good idea to try and compare 'highs' here. whistle

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Probably not a good idea to try and compare 'highs' here. whistle

For Norrin, I'm talking "averages".

Nova Prime, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Hulk, and even Dr. Strange (Orion, Superman, and Kyle if we count crossovers) treat Norrin like an absolute monster. And he has the feats to back it up... Speed, durability, energy manip are all well into the top tiers (As in, he can compete favorably with Flash, Superman, and *insert energy manipulator here* )

I realize Martian Manhunter gets rated highly for his versatility, and I'm as guilty of that anyone, buy imo Norrin can and SHOULD one shot him if bloodlusted.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:42 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Just Ringling. Energy Hal is considered to be in an amplified state in this topic.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:40 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:52 PM
StyleTime

Red Shift will save them!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:40 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by cdtm
For Norrin, I'm talking "averages".

Nova Prime, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Hulk, and even Dr. Strange (Orion, Superman, and Kyle if we count crossovers) treat Norrin like an absolute monster.

Wut? Nova was treating anybody as a monster. ****ing Xenith was wrecking him. Bill has knocked Surfer out with two hits and the Godhunter scene has Surfer cheapshotted him. Gladiator has never fought Surfer. Hulk has overpowered Surfer and Namor together and has actually broken out of prison which Surfer couldn't. The only reason Surfer looks superior to him is because of energy drain.

That Byrne crossover is an anomaly as Byrne thinks very highly of Surfer and Galactus in general.

Cyborg Superman literally laughed off Surfer's attacks in the very same crossover

quote:
And he has the feats to back it up... Speed, durability, energy manip are all well into the top tiers (As in, he can compete favorably with Flash, Superman, and *insert energy manipulator here* )

Only on CBR. He is not even close to Superman and Flash in combat speed. Green Lanterns are faster flier. Superman is more durable. There are better energy manipulators like Quasar.

quote:

I realize Martian Manhunter gets rated highly for his versatility, and I'm as guilty of that anyone, buy imo Norrin can and SHOULD one shot him if bloodlusted.

J'onn isn't worth shit in actual comics. In fact Superman has beaten beings who have oneshotted J'onn.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 04:30 AM
MightyKalEl

Lanterns wins.

You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 08:52 AM
MightyKalEl is currently offline Click here to Send MightyKalEl a Private Message Find more posts by MightyKalEl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

White lantern gives them the win

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:06 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote