KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Daredevil vs Judge dredd in Law knowledge

Daredevil vs Judge dredd in Law knowledge
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dareangel

Daredevil vs Judge dredd in Law knowledge

who knows the law better? matt or dredd?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 02:48 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a tie I think.

Judge Dredd isn't just a Cop. He is by definition a Judge and that means that, in Omega City One, he is the law.

Daredevil perfectly knows how the law works in our world.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 02:53 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

Not exactly an apples to apples comparison as their respective laws are completely different.

Dredd had every letter of the law literally bred into his brain during his cloning/ageing process so there's nothing about his version of the law that he doesn't know FWIW.

Cheers.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 10:31 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I'd also wager that Mega-City One's laws are far more abundant(and complex) than those of mainstream Marvel earth, given that Judges serve as judge/jury/executioner due to the city's absurd overpopulation.

...And like you said: Dredd knows EVERY last detail of EVERY last law.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Is there going to be a Dredd 2 film? It'd be a shame if there wasn't

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:19 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I f*cking hope so. Really enjoyed that film... Holds up great with repeated viewings as well. thumb up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
^ I'd also wager that Mega-City One's laws are far more abundant(and complex) than those of mainstream Marvel earth, given that Judges serve as judge/jury/executioner due to the city's absurd overpopulation.

...And like you said: Dredd knows EVERY last detail of EVERY last law.

Or, everything is given the sentence of 30 years in jail, or death, lol.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:31 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:40 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

True, ive never seen community service offered in mega city one lol

..seriously tho i find the world of dredd more and more interesting as I read into it and now really phukking want to see dredd 2 or a series.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:40 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Dunno about community service, but I have seen Dredd divvy-out sentences for lesser infractions on several occasions. One that comes to mind is when he sentenced a citizen to a month in the iso-cubes for littering.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:53 PM
riv6672

^^^From the movie:

quote:
Attempted murder of a judge (life in an Iso-Cube without parole or Death)
Manufacture and distribution of narcotics (?)
Multiple homicide (life in an Iso-Cube without parole / Death)
Murder (Death)
Resisting Arrest (Death)
Possession and use of controlled substance (2 years Iso-Cube)
Prostitution
Vagrancy (3 weeks in an Iso-Cube or let off with a warning, if a higher priority crime is being investigated and the vagrant is not in the same place when the Judge or Judges return)
Abetting a Felon (5 years )
Obstruction of Justice, e.g. interfering with a crime scene, preventing a Judge or Judges from entering a building or withholding information relevant to a case (Automatic 5 years in an Iso-Cube)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Despite it's simplicity, 2012 Dredd is pretty much the best comic book movie ever.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:19 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Its up there, yeah. Definitely one of MY top picks.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:26 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Is there going to be a Dredd 2 film? It'd be a shame if there wasn't

Not sure about the sequel happening, But they have been doing Dredd stories set within that world from the movie.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 12:34 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Where is She Hulk?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 02:15 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

also it seems like dredd is more about criminal law. but the LAW is beyond only criminal or even law of torts. wonder if dredd or matt know the law of succession or the Family LAW. they probably do but would really be interesting. seeing judge dredd walking down the street and a couple asking him to rule as a judge about child support and devision of property. and dredd will be like ***** you are abstracting the LAW by preventing me from stopping a commited crime right now. you get 5 years.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 08:03 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Or, everything is given the sentence of 30 years in jail, or death, lol.

And the odd banishment from Earth via rocket.

The fate of poor "not Wily Wonka" for making candy so addicting, even the crime computer kept asking for samples.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 08:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

i think he just makes up the punishment on spot 0_0

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 08:33 PM
riv6672

^^^nope.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:32 AM
Dareangel

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^nope.

did you ever see the Penal Code of that universe? i mean nobody ever question dredd about the Law Sections he is accusing with. i dont think most of those criminals really know the law. it would be funny if someone actually question him like what? section 3.5? what are you talking about dredd? thats the section about witnessing a crime and being detained for questioning on spot. what death penalty are you talking about.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:48 AM