KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » You are a hero

You are a hero
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

You are a hero

Let's say if you were given a chance to not only become a hero but you can grant yourself any ability you want.

1. What name would you give yourself for your SINGLE ability (can only grant yourself one power)?
2. You have to provide a pro and a con (a way to overcome said ability) for your new power.
3. The ability you choose have to be something that has never been shown in comics per your knowledge (if you are not aware of said ability, then it doesn't count against you).
4. Don't think to hard on this. Example...if super speed was an option, don't think that your skin would peel back if you used it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 11:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

My name would be Counter.

I would probably be high meta.
I can counter/dodge ANY physical attack. Natural reaction.

Con of this is anything not PHYSICAL, that cant be seen, I'm screwed and I still retain my human physical stats, durability and strength which means I have to find other measures of taking someone out who has insane durability.

Last edited by carver9 on Dec 5th, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 11:14 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

FLASH FORWARD.

The ability to pull replicate by "pulling" myself from various points in the past.
PRO: No known upper limit to that number.
CON: Any major damage suffered by a past self will affect any past self that's come after the injured one i've already "pulled".
Actual death to a past self will affect ME.

Last edited by riv6672 on Dec 5th, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 12:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Like that. Amazing power.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 01:27 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

LEPER MESSIAH.

Pros: Power of LEPROSY protects me from all street levelers.

Con: I have leprosy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 02:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
FLASH FORWARD.

The ability to pull replicate by "pulling" myself from various points in the past.
PRO: No known upper limit to that number.
CON: Any major damage suffered by a past self will affect any past self that's come after the injured one i've already "pulled".
Actual death to a past self will affect ME.

This sounds very similar to Legion from Special Executive.

Are you familiar with him?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 02:50 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

calcutron

power to see the possible historical and future arc of any technology and know inherently how they work and their purpose by touch and sight.

pros

'can touch a Smart TV and see all the way back to the first transistors also to any future technology that will be spurn from the ideas or usage of said tech'. this will be good for gadget making and stuff to that extent.

cons

cannot hold the knowledge indefinitely. if he is not within eyesight, knowledge of tech will diminish and cease after time (10 minutes) due to always seeing or touching something and having to compete with Memory space and processing power.

also without the ability to touch the tech or see it the power is rendered useless.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:12 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Name Mr Perfect

Power I am completely Perfect. Perfect level

Pros I am absolutely perfect at everything I attemp

Cons I get bored at being Perfect at everything including being bored.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Last edited by golem370 on Dec 5th, 2016 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:25 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Excellence of Execution.

Pros: I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

Cons: Being so good makes me extremely arrogant. Inability to listen/work with others results in getting screwjobbed by own teammates.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

name : two-step

power - hypnotizing people by dancing psionically. also inherently knowing what dance form the subject finds most mesmerizing, as well as, the ability to do all forms of dance

pros - can really cut a rug, and get people to do anything

cons - have to physically be able to dance (need legs, arms, etc)
cannot do dances that does not predicate human physiology

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:17 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by krisblaze
This sounds very similar to Legion from Special Executive.

Are you familiar with him?

Not at all.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 06:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by riv6672
Not at all.

His is essentially the opposite of yours.

He pulls clones from the future.

If any of them die then he eventually dies.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 06:24 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Funky!

Aso:
quote:
LEPER MESSIAH.

sick

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:31 PM
riv6672

GEMINI

The ability to fuse with any person, once every 24 hours, for 24 hours, granting the gestalt vast psionic and physical power.

PRO: Think Shaman X-Man & Superman.
CON: Once the 24 hours are up, the person that was fused with dies.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 07:01 AM
Flyattractor

Code Red.

The ability to make any one's mommy/daddy parts burst into flame.

Pros/ No more boring weekends.

Cons? Well I guess it wouldn't smell to good after a few days.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 07:20 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

The Fruit

Ability to produce and fire any fruit from any part of my body

Pro - I like fruit

Con - I get bored of fruit if I eat the same thing too often ... also I may be mistaken for a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 08:25 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by Scoobless
The Fruit

Ability to produce and fire any fruit from any part of my body

Pro - I like fruit

Con - I get bored of fruit if I eat the same thing too often ... also I may be mistaken for a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Originally posted by golem370
Name Mr Perfect

Power I am completely Perfect. Perfect level

Pros I am absolutely perfect at everything I attemp

Cons I get bored at being Perfect at everything including being bored.

Originally posted by cdtm
LEPER MESSIAH.

Good stuff. Really excellent powers.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 10:00 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: You are a hero

Fuck you, carv.

I am a villain.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 10:03 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Nukulese: I can control the nuclear strong force.

Pros - I can make any material explode in a nuclear reaction: lots of devastating power.

Cons - I can make any material explode in a nuclear reaction: lots of collateral damage.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 10:18 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Re: You are a hero

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Fuck you, carv.

I am a villain.

Bueno Excellente.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 10:40 AM