KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Michael Demiurgos vs. Synnar

Michael Demiurgos vs. Synnar
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
backup

Michael Demiurgos vs. Synnar

Michael Demiurgos:

http://static9.comicvine.com/upload...4-lucifer44.png

vs.

Synnar (with the Demiurge):

http://static3.comicvine.com/upload...illiencomic.jpg

Who wins this fight for everything?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 02:35 AM
backup is currently offline Click here to Send backup a Private Message Find more posts by backup Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

If Synnar wasn't lying when he told his backstory, he wins. He created EVERYTHING that wasn't "God" by himself with no help.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 04:35 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RangerDX

The power Synnar would have is technically the same power Michael had.

Theres nothing to suggest Synnar has much in the way of speed of durability, just the outright power granted to do that feat

Michael should win, their power should be equal but he should have the edge everywhere else.

Best case scenario for Synnar is a stalemate.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 07:38 AM
RangerDX is currently offline Click here to Send RangerDX a Private Message Find more posts by RangerDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Michael.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 07:52 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RangerDX

No. Synnar is more than Michael. He's literally the "Lesser Yaheweh". The only things he didn't create were "God" and maybe Heaven. Everything else, from angels to humans to universes and nether realms were created by Synnar :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
He even calls the angels and rebel angels his "children".

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 02:15 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

We all lose, phuck Starlin

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 02:16 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This is correct.

Aside from the fact that Michael's Demiurgic power was used to create Lucifer's totality(along with all of the concepts within it) ex nihilo, Michael also used his power to restore every single atom of Yahweh's creation...

"Examine your own substance. Or that of anything you see --stars, stones, water, air-- look close enough and you will see Michael's will working there."

"That is impossible! What you suggest, only God can do!"

"He is the Demiurge. God chose him as his second. Now, as God's mark fades and creation falters, Michael renews it moment by moment. He writes God's name afresh on every atom of existence."
:
http://i.imgur.com/biVHYbS.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 05:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Presence did say he didn't "need" Michael and Lucifer.

He also said Lucifer's will wrote Presence's name on every atom of existance. Either Synarr contradict's this, or he didn't do as much as he claimed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 05:49 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

...Or the more likely scenario: Starlin said "f*ck established continuity", and just did his own thing. Certainly wouldn't be the first time. smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 05:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

starlin has long since rounded the bend into jokesville. the guy comes in, utterly screws things up then all the other writers just ignore what he wrote. i think we of the kmc should do likewise from this point forward. thumb up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 09:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RangerDX

Originally posted by Cogito
We all lose, phuck Starlin

One of the worst writers in comics. Mother****er cant do a story without making someone a multiversal nigh omnipotent entity. Damn near ruined Lucifer and New Gods with his bullshit.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 09:39 PM
RangerDX is currently offline Click here to Send RangerDX a Private Message Find more posts by RangerDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RangerDX

Originally posted by Galan007
This is correct.

Aside from the fact that Michael's Demiurgic power was used to create Lucifer's totality(along with all of the concepts within it) ex nihilo, Michael also used his power to restore every single atom of Yahweh's creation...

"Examine your own substance. Or that of anything you see --stars, stones, water, air-- look close enough and you will see Michael's will working there."

"That is impossible! What you suggest, only God can do!"

"He is the Demiurge. God chose him as his second. Now, as God's mark fades and creation falters, Michael renews it moment by moment. He writes God's name afresh on every atom of existence."
:
http://i.imgur.com/biVHYbS.jpg

Originally posted by leonidas
starlin has long since rounded the bend into jokesville. the guy comes in, utterly screws things up then all the other writers just ignore what he wrote. i think we of the kmc should do likewise from this point forward. thumb up

thumb up thumb up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 09:42 PM
cdtm

One of the worst writers in comics. Mother****er cant do a story without making someone a multiversal nigh omnipotent entity. Damn near ruined Lucifer and New Gods with his bullshit.

Not to mention Bizarro Superman.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 10:05 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Last edited by Senor Cage on Dec 7th, 2016 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 12:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

This is correct.

I wouldn't think that G. Synnar was portrayed as an actual challenge to God,

.. while opr and yurself I believe

have proven Mikey and/or Lucy get rubbed out with a thought by the Presence.

Also, Synnar created Michael and Lucy in Starlin's vision.

...Or the more likely scenario: Starlin said "f*ck established continuity",

and just did his own thing.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

thumb up ...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 01:00 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mr Master
I wouldn't think that G.
From a raw power standpoint, they were the same level(IF you take Synnar's word at face value, of course)... I provided evidence as to why in my previous post.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 01:04 AM
Mr Master

^^ Starlin's concept was diferent than Carey's or Gaiman's.

Synnar simultaneously stalemated the Presence, plus all of Heaven and Hell, (Mikey/Lucy included) before ultimately losing.

Starlin's "Presence" was not omniscient, omnipresent or omnipotent.

In fact, according to the story, Synnar was trying to reach a stated labeled "infinite omnipotence,"
which would supersede the nigh-omnipotent "Presence."

Last edited by Mr Master on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 12:42 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 06:54 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
backup

Originally posted by Mr Master
I wouldn't think that G. Synnar was portrayed as an actual challenge to God,

.. while opr and yurself I believe

have proven Mikey and/or Lucy get rubbed out with a thought by the Presence.

Also, Synnar created Michael and Lucy in Starlin's vision.

thumb up ...

I don't think so, both had the power of God, literally.

Lucifer #11:

http://imgur.com/a/ZFjsh

^ "God had vested in you the demiurgic power. The word of fire that builds and breaks".

Rann-Thanagar Holy War #6:

http://imgur.com/335f7Ws

^ "The lord of all that was and is granted me the power to create his dream".

Close battle imo, and dunno really wins this fight.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 08:19 AM
backup is currently offline Click here to Send backup a Private Message Find more posts by backup Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by backup

I don't think so, both had the power of God, literally.

Michael does not equate to the power of the Presence, since the Presence can erase him with a thought.
So, that's good ol' fashion hyperbole.

On the other hand,
Synnar actually did battle the Presence PLUS all of Heaven and Hell combined, (includes Michael)
and while Synnar lost, it was a great battle before he did.

Anyway, we can't properly compare them
since Starlin's vision of the DC divine hierarchy is somewhat different than Carey's or Gaimen's.

One thing's for certain, although they were supposed to represent the same concept (Demiurge)
Synnar was written as a far more potent "demiurge" than Michael.

But again, different writers, different ideas portrayed.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 12:49 AM