KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC: Choose ONE Power, Part Two.

KMC: Choose ONE Power, Part Two.
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

KMC: Choose ONE Power, Part Two.

KMC: Choose ONE Power TOURNAMENT - Part 2.

AKA

The Blair Wind Project 2: Book of Shadows.

While scrolling through KMC, you are suddenly approached by God Blair willing to grant you one super power. You are told that everyone who has ever been on KMC will be granted the same opportunity and you will all be transported to a battleground world. Only the victor of the KMC Tournament will be allowed to keep his/her power, everyone else will simply revert to being normal (even if they died, they will come back to life as they were before).

Rules:

1. It must be low herald or below (ie: no green lantern ring, no power cosmic, no reality warping, no time). Pick something interesting that doesn't make you god.
  2. By choosing one power, you'll get all the passive powers it takes to make the first power work (ie: Superspeed won't kill you, you can breath shallow air fine while flying, etc).
  3. There will be other people who have super powers, but you cannot choose a power like Peter Petrelli's, Rogues, Mimics, etc
  4. You fight in a real world analogue and start where you live.
  5. You are each outfitted with a tracker (subdermal, irremovable, and if you're a telepath attached to your mental energy) that provides all other contestants with your location within a radius of 50 miles.

What do you choose and which KMCer comes out on top??

As this is part 2, there will be some modifications. No powers chosen in Part 1, will be allowed in Part 2. These are the banned powers:

quote:

• DarkSaint: Darkforce Dimension Portal Teleportation

• Digi: City Control

• Carver: Weather Manipulation

• Leo: Size Manipulation

• Smurph: Ability to mimic animal powers

• Scoobs: Gravity Control

• Reflasshh: Tactile TK

• Krisblaze: Radiation Production/Control

• Martian: Mirrorworld manipulation

• StyleTime: Telepathy

• Time: Magnetism

• Spawning: Electric

• Abhi and celeyhyga17: Super Speed

• Sin: Adaptive Evolution

• Max: Hazardous material production/control

• Delph: Technopath

I know some, like Sin, didn't actually participate last time - but I want to keep things fresh, so adaptive evolution is out, as an example.

After the extreme shenanigans perpetrated in part 1, the God of Tourneys has also decided to ban self-BFRs. That is to say, no Spotworld or Mirrorworld hiding. We fight like men!!!

Choose one power, part one:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

The actual tourney:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=607928

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 08:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

ill ask again, is nate greys tk low herald?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 08:51 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Current contestants:

DarkSaint85: Energy manipulation
Id: Psionics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ghostman
ill ask again, is nate greys tk low herald?

You choose a power, not a character. So you choose TK, for example, and you can do whatever you like with it.

IF TK hadn't been done before, that is.

Nate is a Mid-Herald.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 08:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

i choose tk then! its too versatile not to choose!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 08:59 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Electro electricity abilities. Question. Since you are using the one power stipulations here. When debating, do we debate using scans from a single character or do we debate using what we "think" we can do with said abilities?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

@ghost and carver: Would those not be in the list of banned powers?

Btw, I do not want to have the final say. Will open it up to the board to decide. Just have a backup, JUST in case, is all I am saying.

Edit: @carver - you choose a power, not a character. So if there are other electrical controllers out there, you can use them to back your claims up.

For example, when I chose Spot's powers, I could use Coyote or Cloak to back my claims up.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:03 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
@ghost and carver: Would those not be in the list of banned powers?

Btw, I do not want to have the final say. Will open it up to the board to decide. Just have a backup, JUST in case, is all I am saying.

Edit: @carver - you choose a power, not a character. So if there are other electrical controllers out there, you can use them to back your claims up.

For example, when I chose Spot's powers, I could use Coyote or Cloak to back my claims up.

Make sense. Why can't Electro be used?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:16 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

no TP nice

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:18 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Spawning chose electricity manipulation. Just like Delph's technopathy or Sin's adaptive evolution is not being used, for example.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:19 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

are going by the tiers thread on mid herald still>?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:19 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by staxamillion
are going by the tiers thread on mid herald still>?

Nope.

You choose a power, not a character. So you can choose strength, for example, like Superman Prime.

But you wouldn't get SMP level strength. Capped at Low Herald level strength.

So the TYPE of power is anything you want (subject to the conditions).

But not the LEVEL. That is capped at Low Herald.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:24 PM
carver9

Spawning chose electricity manipulation. Just like Delph's technopathy or Sin's adaptive evolution is not being used, for example.

What about Monica Rambeau? Only her physical capabilities?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:24 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
What about Monica Rambeau? Only her physical capabilities?

What's her power?

To be clearer: You can't just say 'i want to be a Kryptonian, or a Martian'. You choose one power.

Kris was not allowed Captain Britain, for example.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:26 PM
ghostman

how is tk breaking the rules?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:28 PM
carver9

What's her power?

To be clearer: You can't just say 'i want to be a Kryptonian, or a Martian'. You choose one power.

Kris was not allowed Captain Britain, for example.

Powers...

After retiring from the team, Rambeau regains first her physical health, and eventually her powers, initially developing the ability to manipulate mechanical energy for various effects.

I don't see how this is against the rule. The last tourny had someone manipulating electronics and had an entire city on lock.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:31 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

how would magic fit in? or powers like slapstick? id choose something along those lines.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:32 PM
DarkSaint85

how is tk breaking the rules?

I think it was chosen before.

Originally posted by carver9
Powers...

After retiring from the team, Rambeau regains first her physical health, and eventually her powers, initially developing the ability to manipulate mechanical energy for various effects.

I don't see how this is against the rule. The last tourny had someone manipulating electronics and had an entire city on lock.

So she manipulates energy? But I have already chosen that sad

Or are you saying you want to only manipulate MECHANICAL energy, rather than energy?

Which is why I was asking, that's all.

Originally posted by staxamillion
how would magic fit in? or powers like slapstick? id choose something along those lines.

Magic is too broad, I thought. But we can ask the board.

What is Slapstick's ONE power that you want?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:34 PM
ghostman

I think it was chosen before.

So she manipulates energy? But I have already chosen that sad

Or are you saying you want to only manipulate MECHANICAL energy, rather than energy?

Which is why I was asking, that's all.

Magic is too broad, I thought. But we can ask the board.

What is Slapstick's ONE power that you want?

who choose it?? tell that ****er lets have a slug fest for it mad mad mad

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:36 PM
DarkSaint85

who choose it?? tell that ****er lets have a slug fest for it mad mad mad

See the list at the top, in the OP.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 09:36 PM
ghostman

See the list at the top, in the OP.

tactile tk=/= normal tk,

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 10:18 PM