KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Plastic Man Vs Carnage

Plastic Man Vs Carnage
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Plastic Man Vs Carnage

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.
I keep hearing (but have never seen scans of) Carnage has mind control.
As stated by Batman in JLA #88, "Plastic Man's mind is no longer organic. It's untouchable by telepathy."
But lets make it a non factor. No mind control, strictly a physical fight.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 03:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

...If Plas is at his best, this is an incredible mismatch. His durability and shape shifting allow him to go toe-to-toe with Fernus, who basically walked through the Justice League. He does seem to struggle with temperature extremes (sometimes) but that's a moot point, as Carnage has no such attacks available.

Plastic man takes this, and quite easily as well.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 03:20 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

None fight. Plastic Man stomps. Close thread.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 04:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Hmmm i use to think it's a stomp for Plas but now not so sure. Edging towards Cletus for now

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 05:01 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Plastic Man ftw IMHO. His durability and 'immunities' make him a bad matchup for Carnage. Plas is inorganic and lots of Carnages tricks won't work : suffocation, symbiote 'possession', stabbing, etc..

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 05:44 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Plastic Man ftw IMHO. His durability and 'immunities' make him a bad matchup for Carnage. Plas is inorganic and lots of Carnages tricks won't work : suffocation, symbiote 'possession', stabbing, etc..

Not so sure carnage cant possess him. He possessed similar powersets

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 06:00 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not so sure carnage cant possess him. He possessed similar powersets

Plastic Man is basically an animate inorganic object. It's like Carnage possessing a lamp post or table. It ain't happening.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 06:34 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Plastic Man is basically an animate inorganic object. It's like Carnage possessing a lamp post or table. It ain't happening.

His controlling of Norrin makes me think otherwise

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 07:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is the possession some kind of telepathic attack the symbiote does? Since Plas is immune to telepathy.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 07:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Re: Plastic Man Vs Carnage

Originally posted by riv6672

No prep.
No BFR.
I keep hearing (but have never seen scans of) Carnage has mind control.
As stated by Batman in JLA #88, "Plastic Man's mind is no longer organic. It's untouchable by telepathy."
But lets make it a non factor. No mind control, strictly a physical fight.

Regardless of how it's done, pretty sure Riv meant for this not to include Carnage taking control, whether he can or can't.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 07:18 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Surtur
Is the possession some kind of telepathic attack the symbiote does? Since Plas is immune to telepathy.

No. The symbiote bonds at a molecular level. Which is how he got to SS. Plastic Mans physiology is unique though. Hes like sentient playdo. I always considered his powers more closely resembling Slapstick than Elongated Man or Richards. Even with that I dont see him beyond possession.

Last edited by Sin I AM on Jan 8th, 2017 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 07:28 PM
riv6672

Re: Re: Plastic Man Vs Carnage

Originally posted by Delta1938
Regardless of how it's done, pretty sure Riv meant for this not to include Carnage taking control, whether he can or can't.

Yeah, i just want a fight. So, in lieu of OP edit:
No possesion crap.

(Although i agree with zopxzop in that it aint happening.)

Originally posted by carver9
Close thread.

Has this ever worked for you? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 08:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Circe trying to morph him worked partially at best(for all we know his changes were him playing along, as things clearly didn't work as Circe intended). It's not directly the same thing, but makes me think Carnage wouldn't be able to control Plas.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 08:28 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Re: Re: Re: Plastic Man Vs Carnage

Originally posted by riv6672

(Although i agree with zopxzop in that it aint happening.)

Youd be wrong too

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 08:32 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

His controlling of Norrin makes me think otherwise

Norrin is flesh and blood underneath that Silver coating.

Plastic man isn't. He's animate inorganic material. Show me Carnage possessing an inorganic object and you win.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 08:40 PM
DarkSaint85

Thing? He possessed Ben Grimm.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 08:41 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thing? He possessed Ben Grimm.

Ben Grim bleeds and under that crusty rock was pinkish flesh. Wolverine exposed it.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 08:44 PM
riv6672

Youd be wrong too

Thankfully its a moot point, boo.
If thats you were basing a Carnage win on, you'll have to re-think.
Originally posted by Delta1938
Circe trying to morph him worked partially at best(for all we know his changes were him playing along, as things clearly didn't work as Circe intended). It's not directly the same thing, but makes me think Carnage wouldn't be able to control Plas.

Yeah, I doubt she wanted to turn him into a cartoon pig...
...and then have him turn back at will.

Last edited by riv6672 on Jan 8th, 2017 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 09:04 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Norrin is flesh and blood underneath that Silver coating.

Plastic man isn't. He's animate inorganic material. Show me Carnage possessing an inorganic object and you win.

Iirc so can Venom. He's also controlled iron mans armors. Come to think of it i vaguely recall him controlling prosthetics. Let me do a search

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 09:17 PM
riv6672

You do that.
Doesnt matter in this thread, but i like scans.

' boo'-yah! thumb up

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 09:20 PM