KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist & Shang-Chi Vs Karate Kid & Richard Dragon

Iron Fist & Shang-Chi Vs Karate Kid & Richard Dragon
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Iron Fist & Shang-Chi Vs Karate Kid & Richard Dragon

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:42 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Team Marvel rapes those noobs in 2 panels.

Dc streets are mostly useless.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Since when was Karate Kid street level?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 10:04 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Since Bats Rihanna'd his face.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 11:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

He jobs to streets.

But Iron Fist has powers, so I still say team Val wins. stick out tongue

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 11:03 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Since Bats Rihanna'd his face.

omfg laughing

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 11:24 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

This can go either ways.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 11:26 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Karate Kid snaps both of their necks before they can react.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 06:15 AM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RadZoa
Karate Kid snaps both of their necks before they can react.

That's not gonna happen but he is probably more skilled than they are.

I think that IF and Schang Chi are below Batman in skill and KK is better than Batman.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 02:12 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by RealityWarper
That's not gonna happen but he is probably more skilled than they are.

I think that IF and Schang Chi are below Batman in skill and KK is better than Batman.

KK is definitely better than Batman, no matter what happened the last time they fought. However, I would also rate both Iron Fist and Shang Chi as better than Batman in pure hand to hand.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 02:33 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by spetznaz
KK is definitely better than Batman, no matter what happened the last time they fought. However, I would also rate both Iron Fist and Shang Chi as better than Batman in pure hand to hand.

Yep.

I don't think that they are better, remember that Wolverine and Cap are more skilled than IF and SC.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 04:08 PM
cdtm

Wolverine went to Shang Chi for training.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 04:11 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Yep.

I don't think that they are better, remember that Wolverine and Cap are more skilled than IF and SC.

There's a slight difference between skill and being able to win a fight.

For example, as I mentioned I believe that Iron Fist and Shang Chi are more skilled in pure hand to hand combat that Bruce Wayne is. In the same manner that Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva are more skilled than Bruce. The four characters are the epitome of unarmed martial arts, and while Bruce Wayne is a true master, the four are better than him.

That's not to say that kitted out he could not defeat them. I'd put my money on Bruce. But in a dojo/dojang fight? Easily any of the four.

Same thing when you bring in Wolverine. I believe any of the four (Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva) are more skilled at hand to hand combat than Logan. However, Logan is a mutant with abilities that are closer to 'super human' than to 'peak human.'

It is like having Bruce Lee (read: Shang Chi) fight a male adult chimpanzee (read: Wolverine). Bruce Lee is obviously more skilled than any chimp, but the chimp would still tear his face off. Literally.

Same thing for Steve Rogers. In the past two decades, his writing has shifted quite a bit from the 'peak human' the SSS was supposed to make him.

I think Steve can defeat, say, Shang Chi in a fight. But I think that is a function of who (and WHAT) Steve is, which is not really human. Shang is still more skilled in fighting than Steve, but would lose in a fight against Steve.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 04:30 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's a slight difference between skill and being able to win a fight.

Yep.

quote:
For example, as I mentioned I believe that Iron Fist and Shang Chi are more skilled in pure hand to hand combat that Bruce Wayne is. In the same manner that Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva are more skilled than Bruce. The four characters are the epitome of unarmed martial arts, and while Bruce Wayne is a true master, the four are better than him.

I can agree with Lady Shiva and Richard Dragon being more skilled in hand-to-hand than Bruce, but what makes you think that IF and SC are more skilled than Batman ?

quote:
That's not to say that kitted out he could not defeat them. I'd put my money on Bruce. But in a dojo/dojang fight? Easily any of the four.

Because which feats ?

quote:
Same thing when you bring in Wolverine. I believe any of the four (Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva) are more skilled at hand to hand combat than Logan. However, Logan is a mutant with abilities that are closer to 'super human' than to 'peak human.'

I precisely bring Logan into the discussion because he already defeated Shang Chi and Iron Fist via skills alone.

quote:
It is like having Bruce Lee (read: Shang Chi) fight a male adult chimpanzee (read: Wolverine). Bruce Lee is obviously more skilled than any chimp, but the chimp would still tear his face off. Literally.

I'm afraid that the comparison doesn't match.

Wolverine is always pictured as an extremely skilled character... When he chose to use his skills. Logan is one century old and has even alien martial arts in his skillset if I remember correctly.

quote:
Same thing for Steve Rogers. In the past two decades, his writing has shifted quite a bit from the 'peak human' the SSS was supposed to make him.

I don't agree with that ^^

quote:
I think Steve can defeat, say, Shang Chi in a fight. But I think that is a function of who (and WHAT) Steve is, which is not really human. Shang is still more skilled in fighting than Steve, but would lose in a fight against Steve.

I think that it can go either ways in a fight between Shang Chi and Steve but Steve is more skilled.

The tactics, general physical condition of the characters and the combat tactics can change the issue of the fight.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:52 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
Wolverine went to Shang Chi for training.

No, he went to him in hopes of learning to better control his rage. The entire First Class series was about that. As Sabretooth was playing mindgames with Logan and pushing his buttons, making him unable to focus on the actual fight.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 08:21 PM
RadZoa

lol Shang Chi is more on Nightwing's level in pure hand to hand, Bruce would cave his face in easily.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 03:59 AM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

lol Shang Chi is more on Nightwing's level in pure hand to hand, Bruce would cave his face in easily.

You do realise that Nightwing is now rated better at H2H than Bruce, by the writer of Batman himself?

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 05:48 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

yeah, like that time that he fought nightwing and didn't cave in his face easily. Also, I love how you bring up pure h2h skill while ignoring that Shanghai can also use chi to amp himself.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 06:46 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote