KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Uncompromising power...

Uncompromising power...
Started by: Gadabout

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gadabout

Uncompromising power...

Just wondering who has the most uncompromising power, meaning there is little to no control of it's destructive power.
This is not necessarily about the most powerful but what has been shown with little to no "throttle"

My favorite as always been Black bolts voice. Although he can throttle it some, then it's classic Thor's god blast which is always shown at full throttle (except that weakened version against Juggy)

in fact see if you can defeat my team with all combatants using only the prescribed ability.
My squad

Blackbolt using his voice only
Asgardian Destroyer using the disintergator beam only
classic Thor using the god blast only

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 12:43 AM
Gadabout is currently offline Click here to Send Gadabout a Private Message Find more posts by Gadabout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Captain Atom.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:00 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Cyclops should be number 1

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:06 AM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Rogue, after she has touched and taken the power of:

-- Allison Blair, The X-Men's Dazzler, who converts sonic energy to light,.
I seem to remember Black Bolt and she actually performed this maneuver so Allison could create a superblast or some other action that needed her hyper-powered.

-- Superboy Prime, who is largely immune to destructive magic, for reasons that have yet to be fully explained

-- Classic Juggernaut, who already endured Thor's ultimate attack in their 1st engagement, which I believe took place in one of the first New Warriors titles, to little effect.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:08 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Is this who is the most powerful, or who has the least control over their powers?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:11 AM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gadabout

What ability does SBP have which would qualify here? It has to be something which virtually uncontrollable.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:12 AM
Gadabout is currently offline Click here to Send Gadabout a Private Message Find more posts by Gadabout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gadabout

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Is this who is the most powerful, or who has the least control over their powers?

More least control....Thor has never been shown to "throttle" his God blast...he just unleashes it. Unlike when he hits with his hammer.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:16 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Gadabout
What ability does SBP have which would qualify here? It has to be something which virtually uncontrollable.

confused

Perhaps you were thrown off by my using Rogue, who used to have little or no control over her ability to absorb the memories, consciousness, powers and abilities of others.

I wasn't answering your 1st question of who has power equally or more unmanageable. I was answering your 2nd question of who could beat your team.

Review what you wrote in your original post:

in fact see if you can defeat my team with all combatants using only the prescribed ability.
My squad

Blackbolt using his voice only
Asgardian Destroyer using the disintergator beam only
classic Thor using the god blast only

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 01:56 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gadabout

Yeah I think I understood...but perhaps I didn't make it clear. SBP can only use an ability of which he has very little control. I get Juggs...and even Rogue, just not SBP. He has a high level of conscious control over his speed/strength/heat vision, ect...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 02:15 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Jean Grey in possession of the Phoenix Force (*when she first got the power)
Starbrand (when Kevin or Ken first got the power)
Moses Magnum (when he lost control of his power)

That's all I got.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 02:25 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Colossonaut

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 02:28 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gadabout

Well there's one DC character I can think of...Darkseid's omega beams...I don't believe there's much "range" of impact. I don't think he could use them to simply knock out an opponent-or am I wrong.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 02:34 AM
bluewaterrider

Well there's one DC character I can think of...Darkseid's omega beams...I don't believe there's much "range" of impact. I don't think he could use them to simply knock out an opponent-or am I wrong.

Probably wrong.

He can direct them and make them "track" people and apparently control their properties, for instance, opting to have them teleport instead of conventionally annihilating:

(please log in to view the image)

To be fair, though, teleportation is often conceived a la Star Trek as breaking down material into atoms and re-assembling them in another location ...
It's possible to argue if we're JUST going by the above showing that Darkseid totally destroyed Superman but then decided to recreate him on Earth or wherever it is Superman was sent to.

I seem to remember Doomsday was defeated once with a similar trick, with a set of teleporters continually and instantaneously "looping" him so that he simply never effectively re materialized, thus remaining "destroyed" indefinitely.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 02:55 AM
tkitna

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 04:33 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I seem to remember Doomsday was defeated once with a similar trick, with a set of teleporters continually and instantaneously "looping" him so that he simply never effectively re materialized, thus remaining "destroyed" indefinitely.
In a nutshell thumb up

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 04:39 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

There's a few characters who have an offensive power that doesn't have any sort of 'dial', it's either 'on' or 'off'. It either works or it doesn't. Gorgon's stone stare for instance. I can't remember it ever semi-transmuting someone. Or Ghost Rider's Penance Stare too. That doesn't have 'levels' does it?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 05:40 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Omega Red.

The only people I've seen survive his so-called "death factor" are people with healing factors that effectively make them immortal (Sabretooth, Wolverine), and the X-Men's Psylocke, who used her power to essentially, telepathically, block Omega from using his power--even while making him THINK he actually had.

Despite being regarded as a lunatic, and, IIRC, a mass-murderer as Arkady, Omega Red's actual death count is lower than that of Sabretooth or Wolverine, due to nothing I can find other than his own restraint.
Except for the above mentioned people, I've actually never seen him try to use anything save standard "Doctor Octopus"-style attacks with his tentacles in modern times.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 06:53 AM
DarkSaint85

AQUARIAN!!!

Who would also defeat your team, btw.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 11:00 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carver9
Colossonaut

...He could literally turn it off whenever he wanted.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 11:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The kid from Ultimate X-Men Vol 1, 41, woke up with whats basically a death field.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 12:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote