KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sersi of the Eternals vs Amora the Enchantress

Sersi of the Eternals vs Amora the Enchantress
Started by: PRBEYONDER

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PRBEYONDER

Sersi of the Eternals vs Amora the Enchantress

Both are going all out,and have full knowledge about each other ...who wins ?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 03:29 PM
PRBEYONDER is currently offline Click here to Send PRBEYONDER a Private Message Find more posts by PRBEYONDER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Sersi for the destruction 10/10.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:05 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

legit curious--why would you say that? her powers don't always function especially well against magic, and amora has tons of transmutation feats herself...

i've not forgotten that other thread either. will return to it later tonight i hope.

btw--talking sh!t about amora is a great way to summon forth rage. keep it up.
thumb up

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 06:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, I'd think this is a pretty good fight too. Amora has a solid powerset for a matchup like this.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 19th, 2017 at 04:22 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 04:19 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

tbh i don't know who i'd take here. i think amora has more answers for what sersi does than vice versa. her powers have failed against magic (she can't transmute at least some magical creations) and that's one of amora's specialties. i could easily see a spell taking sersi out, while i don't see sersi's transmutation working against amora.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 08:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up

tbh i don't know who i'd take here. i think amora has more answers for what sersi does than vice versa. her powers have failed against magic (she can't transmute at least some magical creations) and that's one of amora's specialties. i could easily see a spell taking sersi out, while i don't see sersi's transmutation working against amora.

Sersi has some ridiculous fights and feats to her name. She's two pieced Immortal Hercules, shielded the Avengers from a universe erasing attack, saved them from a galaxy busting attack, shielded THOUSANDS of humans while scanning a dimension for an exit WHILE telepathically communicating with Shaman who was in another reality, she's gone toe to toe with a legit team buster : Exodus, etc...

Even Asgardian wanking can't save Amora from Sersi.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 09:32 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Yeah on average I'd give the edge to Sersi.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 11:01 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by zopzop
Sersi has some ridiculous fights and feats to her name.

I'd be interested in seeing some of these, particularly any showings from Sersi that involve physical strength, for it seems to me that if two magic users are equal in arcane skill, the physicality of one might be the element of surprise needed for the win.

And Amora is a LOT stronger than the average reader, and perhaps even the average Marvel character, realizes.

For instance, here is a good showing for how strong the Spider-Man villain, Lizard, was:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

... but, despite Liz catching her completely off-guard and dealing a vicious, potentially debilitating injury to her face, this is how easily Amora deals with him, through a combination of her strength and magic skill:

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 08:55 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRBEYONDER

Sersi once slapped Hercules and kept up with Thor in space,she has the physical edge here IMO.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 10:11 AM
PRBEYONDER is currently offline Click here to Send PRBEYONDER a Private Message Find more posts by PRBEYONDER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I'd be interested in seeing some of these, particularly any showings from Sersi that involve physical strength, for it seems to me that if two magic users are equal in arcane skill, the physicality of one might be the element of surprise needed for the win.

And Amora is a LOT stronger than the average reader, and perhaps even the average Marvel character, realizes.

For instance, here is a good showing for how strong the Spider-Man villain, Lizard, was:

... but, despite Liz catching her completely off-guard and dealing a vicious, potentially debilitating injury to her face, this is how easily Amora deals with him, through a combination of her strength and magic skill:

That's supposed to be a good showing? She says healing her wounds would cost her dearly in pain and sorcery, while Sersi has reconstructed her own arm immediately :
(please log in to view the image)

Speaking of strength here she is destroying Immortal Hercules and Giant Man :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

She's also one shotted a Kree Sentry robot with a punch. Those things are durable as hell.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 12:01 PM
bluewaterrider

That's supposed to be a good showing? She says healing her wounds would cost her dearly in pain and sorcery, while Sersi has reconstructed her own arm immediately :

1) That arm restoration feat by Sersi IS impressive.

2) Amora was affected by distance from Asgard in that storyline.
The whole reason she was levitating that woman before Lizard and Molecule Man attacked was to sacrifice her to gain power to traverse the light years separating her from her home realm.

It might be worthwhile to mention that Rogue actually has seen some space time. She survived a punch by Carol Danvers as Binary which was shown literally knocking her into orbit. I'm reminded of that because of the Kree/Ms.Marvel connection, the fact that Rogue has impressed Thor in combat with and without using her power drain, and because of the memory of both Rogue and She-Hulk down either on knees or the ground in front of Amora in Secret Wars. (Of course, She-Hulk showed what an unexpected brick can DO against someone not defending themselves from a superstrong right or left cross a moment later, but that's a different story ...)

Amora was also under a curse by Odin that halved her powers before now.
I'm not sure of the status of this now, but I remember that curse was lifted or circumvented in one storyline, apparently allowing her physical strength to be at the level it's supposed to be, too:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Again, don't know for sure if that curse affects her now.
Not 100% sure if it affects her physical strength when it IS in effect, either.
But, if it was, it means she took an opponent that can toss Spider-Man nearly a half mile away, blinded, in pain, and at half power.

Monet, strong though SHE is, was flat out killed trying to match Amora, as revealed in (a) subsequent issue(s) ...

Don't know what that means if Sersi can really contend with the likes of Giant Man and Herc. It IS an unexpected factor most people might not think to consider, however:

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 12:44 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Sersi has some ridiculous fights and feats to her name. She's two pieced Immortal Hercules, shielded the Avengers from a universe erasing attack, saved them from a galaxy busting attack, shielded THOUSANDS of humans while scanning a dimension for an exit WHILE telepathically communicating with Shaman who was in another reality, she's gone toe to toe with a legit team buster : Exodus, etc...

Even Asgardian wanking can't save Amora from Sersi.

well, the herc feat wasn't much i'm afraid--he didn't really want to fight, and all she did was fly up and smash him down.... unfortunately any flier who has some strength can pretty much do the same. sad we also don't know he was ko'd. so, meh. she could have just transmuted him easier.

h2h feats aren't something that would help her much here anyway imo. amora has tk (or a magical equivalent) and is just as strong as she is. this wouldn't be settled h2h. if it came to that, it's likely a draw.

the universe-erasing feat is a bit of a misnomer--she basically held the room they were in together while a new universe sort of...grew up around them. unquantifiable, but a solid feat, regardless. the galaxy busting feat would be useless here too--she basically killed them to save them, and she wasn't able to bring them, or herself, back afterwards. she counted on someone finding and saving them. you have the facts a bit botched in the crossing the line arc, but her tp is strong. amora has strong tp too though, so i don't see her winning via tp. she might have an edge maybe, but amora has blocked out xavier and communicated interdimensionally as well, with karnilla.
going toe-to-toe with exodus is solid enough, but she wasn't powerful enough to beat him and could barely contain his power for long. not too great when you consider exodus was beaten by a magneto clone who was himself beaten badly by magneto....

and here she one-shots hulk with a spell:

sounds like i'm downplaying sersi. i'm not. she's very powerful, no doubt, and about as versatile as can be. most don't have solid defenses against her power. amora is often underrated though, and she has answers for pretty well anything sersi can do. and sersi's biggest asset, her transmutation powers are useless against shape-shifters:

https://imgur.com/a/CEiNd

tk is matched, tp is matched, no transmutation edge. amora however has powerful spells to fall back on, powerful enough to ko hulk and take down nightmare.

again, this is nothing but close and again i think sersi is a small underdog in this fight. i'd take amora for a small majority. her spells are basically plot devices she can call up at will. that would be the difference in this fight imo.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:50 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Sersi of the Eternals vs Amora the Enchantress

Originally posted by PRBEYONDER
Both are going all out,and have full knowledge about each other ...who wins ?
Who are the actresses playing them and how full out are they going? Toys and stuff?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:53 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

well, the herc feat wasn't much i'm afraid--he didn't really want to fight, and all she did was fly up and smash him down.... unfortunately any flier who has some strength can pretty much do the same. sad we also don't know he was ko'd. so, meh. she could have just transmuted him easier.

h2h feats aren't something that would help her much here anyway imo. amora has tk (or a magical equivalent) and is just as strong as she is. this wouldn't be settled h2h. if it came to that, it's likely a draw.

the universe-erasing feat is a bit of a misnomer--she basically held the room they were in together while a new universe sort of...grew up around them. unquantifiable, but a solid feat, regardless. the galaxy busting feat would be useless here too--she basically killed them to save them, and she wasn't able to bring them, or herself, back afterwards. she counted on someone finding and saving them. you have the facts a bit botched in the crossing the line arc, but her tp is strong. amora has strong tp too though, so i don't see her winning via tp. she might have an edge maybe, but amora has blocked out xavier and communicated interdimensionally as well, with karnilla.
going toe-to-toe with exodus is solid enough, but she wasn't powerful enough to beat him and could barely contain his power for long. not too great when you consider exodus was beaten by a magneto clone who was himself beaten badly by magneto....

and here she one-shots hulk with a spell:

sounds like i'm downplaying sersi. i'm not. she's very powerful, no doubt, and about as versatile as can be. most don't have solid defenses against her power. amora is often underrated though, and she has answers for pretty well anything sersi can do. and sersi's biggest asset, her transmutation powers are useless against shape-shifters:

tk is matched, tp is matched, no transmutation edge. amora however has powerful spells to fall back on, powerful enough to ko hulk and take down nightmare.

again, this is nothing but close and again i think sersi is a small underdog in this fight. i'd take amora for a small majority. her spells are basically plot devices she can call up at will. that would be the difference in this fight imo.

a) She's manhandled Immortal Hercules before. That was just one instance. She one shot a Kree Sentry and those things are so durable She Hulk was outmatched by one and needed to be saved by Marina (who sucker attecked it by dragging it into the ocean).
b) Have any proof her TP is a match for Sersi? She's scanned every mind on Earth instantly and her TP works across dimensions with multiple targets.
c) Have any proof her TK is a match for Sersi's? Sersi has shielded THOUSANDS of people INDIVIDUALLY in a line that stretched for MILES. Her TK has lifted HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of tons of water causing the destruction of the Brooklyn bridge and it's surrounding area.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 10:25 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

It was too late to edit my post in reply to your response to Sersi's feat regarding the Infinity Union. You are severely DOWNPLAYING what went on my friend. She saved her friends from a UNIVERSE busting attack. Here it is on panel :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

She shielded them from the effect that neutralized an entire universe.

The Birds, Part 2.

Last edited by zopzop on Jun 20th, 2017 at 10:54 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 10:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

nah, you're missing a scan or several. what happened was more of a big bang scenario. the power she (nebula) was tapping, set off a sort of big bang that forced its way into the 616 and basically overrode it. she simply held the atoms of the room together while the new universe formed around it. cool enough, but different from the way you're trying to portray it.

as for the sentry--really? they are fodder often as not. and again, her tk can augment her strength so, not really surprising. and in any event, we've seen amora easily slap she-hulk aside like she was nothing. no one is getting an edge in h2h here i don't think. we've also seen clear evidence of the scope of her tk--exodus. it falls just short of him going by their battles. the tidal wave feat was a good one too, but i don't see her tk winning this at all when afaik she really hasn't beaten anyone of substance with it. she was manhandled by a couple of the brethren multiple times, so.... /shrug inconsistent maybe, with some highs and lesser showings. very good overall but not enough to make up for amora'd magic imo.

and as for tp-like i said, she easily blocked out xavier while taunting him:

https://imgur.com/a/GkLcv

and of course the more recent mental beat down she laid on red onslaught:

she has an answer for whatever sersi decides to throw at her.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 11:06 PM
StyleTime

Yeah, Amora doesn't have conventional telepathy, but her enchantments are pretty consistent. She's blocked Xavier, Rachel, Monet, and Psylocke(depending on how you read the scene). Monet is less impressive, but this was post-upgrade Psylocke, and current beast mode Rachel. If Amora's spells are up, you probably aren't getting in.

And just to add a transmutation feat for Amora, she did turn Thor and Baldur's legs into tree stumps. Thor was only saved when Loki magically switched places with him.
https://postimg.org/image/5jqfhl6m5/
https://postimg.org/image/8f3iogam5/
https://postimg.org/image/5mab4fa9p/
She one shot a Kree Sentry and those things are so durable She Hulk was outmatched by one .

Well, just to have a common gauge in She-Hulk. Monet stalemated Jen, even matching pure strength in a deadlock. Amora still choked Monet out, as bluewater posted.
https://postimg.org/image/fazbz0o1p/
https://postimg.org/image/4co2gtzgd/

and sersi's biggest asset, her transmutation powers are useless against shape-shifters:

Interestingly, Loki, a magical shapeshifter, couldn't break Amora's transmutation when he saved Thor. He could only substitute himself, letting his own legs get transmuted.
https://postimg.org/image/p5qu6xff1/
https://postimg.org/image/dusrwaxxp/
https://postimg.org/image/9a6lhde8d/

I'm not saying one person has the edge in that department, but if someone wanted to make a case for Amora...whistle

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 21st, 2017 at 12:57 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 12:43 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol thumb up and given that amora's transmutation is magical in nature....

https://imgur.com/a/HZv3m

there is a very real chance sersi wouldn't be able to transmute herself back... you're right, that could be a very large problem for sersi.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 12:57 AM
bluewaterrider

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 10:10 AM