KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mongul Vs Thragg

Mongul Vs Thragg
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Mongul Vs Thragg

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 06:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Thragg. I'd give him the edge in pretty much all stats, which, considering Mongul's lack of versatility, is really all he needs.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 06:29 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Interesting!
Thought a guy who's had Superman on the ropes'd be a good fight for a Superman clone.
Thanks, MM...thumb up

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 10:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRBEYONDER

Mongul

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 10:36 AM
PRBEYONDER is currently offline Click here to Send PRBEYONDER a Private Message Find more posts by PRBEYONDER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Thragg. Not only is he stronger, faster, and more durable, he also won't waste time monologuing like and idiot.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 12:33 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

not familiar with thragg at all but he must be hella powerful if everyone agrees that he'd beat mongul without much trouble. blink

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 06:16 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thinking the same.
Mongul regularly takes it to Supes after all.
This is good info though, if i ever use Thragg again!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 06:27 PM
Horrificus

Peak Mongul

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:23 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

Holy heck, when did Mongul start decapitating people? I knew he was tough - personally think he could give Thragg an excellent scrap - but when did he start getting depicted ripping people's heads clean off? Very Kirkman-like.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:56 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Its what gave me the idea for the fight.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 10:37 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thragg >>> Invincible+Omni-Man >> Omni-Man = Supreme. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 06:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Thragg >>> Invincible+Omni-Man >> Omni-Man = Supreme. smile

Kirkman's Supreme is pretty weak sauce... I just don't feel he is Liefield or Moore Supreme. I know it's supposed to be, sort of... b-but.. I'm not feeling it Galan.

The guys in the Invincible Universe seem, sort of squishy.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 07:48 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Kirkman didn't write Supreme's most recent series -- Larsen did.

Regardless, 'mean' Supreme(the version Nolan stalemated) IS Liefeld/Moore Supreme -- they're literally the exact same being. Furthermore, in that very same series, mean Supreme was stated to be THE most powerful version of the character, and proved it by effortlessly stomping a group of villains that not even the combined Supreme Family could contend with beforehand. Then there's his battle with Khromium, which resulted in mean Supreme destroying an entire planet, etc.

*I'd also throw in mean Supreme's casual stompage of Suprema, who has lifted universe-weight, but that's neither here nor there. stick out tongue

That said, it was a fantastic feat for Nolan more than anything, but it IS also canon(as confirmed by Kirkman himself), so it needs to be considered on some level when discussing the Viltrumites. /shrug

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 08:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regardless, 'mean' Supreme(the version Nolan stalemated) IS Liefeld/Moore Supreme -- they're literally the exact same being. Furthermore, in that very same series, mean Supreme was stated to be THE most powerful version of the character, and proved it by effortlessly stomping a group of villains that not even the combined Supreme Family could contend with beforehand. Then there's his battle with Khromium, which resulted in mean Supreme destroying an entire planet, etc.

*I'd also throw in mean Supreme's casual stompage of Suprema, who has lifted universe-weight, but that's neither here nor there. stick out tongue

That said, it was a fantastic feat for Nolan more than anything, but it IS also canon(as confirmed by Kirkman himself), so it needs to be considered on some level when discussing the Viltrumites. /shrug
Interesting, I haven't read Larsen's supreme, however, nothing in Invincible strikes me on a par with the stuff both Liefield and Moore's Supremes pulled and the Moore and Liefield Supremes being the same? One is a semi-psychotic stone killer with a super soldier origin and the other isn't. I'm not saying you're wrong, just how does that work?

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Jun 20th, 2017 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 08:47 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

thumb up

But also, it's so far above the Viltrumites average showing, that it's ridiculous.

It's like Byrne Superman [who has better feats than anybody in Invincible] stalemating Pre-Crisis Superman.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 08:48 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

That's the hard thing about the showing... Characters like Nolan and Grayson so rarely fight any beings outside the Invincible Universe that it is incredibly hard to say what their 'average' is vs. a bonafide Superman analogue, like Supreme. Fighting another Viltrumite obviously is not the same -- but either way, it IS a gargantuan showing for Nolan. Totally agree there. thumb up

Having said that, do I think Nolan vs. Supreme should be the end-all-be-all gauge/showing? Of course not(my initial post was facetious if that wasn't already clear.) I just think it does need to be considered on *some* level when the topic of categorizing high-end Viltrumites comes up, simply because it IS canon. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 20th, 2017 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 08:57 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the hard thing about the showing... Characters like Nolan and Grayson so rarely fight any beings outside the Invincible Universe that it is incredibly hard to say what their 'average' is vs. a bonafide Superman analogue, like Supreme. Fighting another Viltrumite obviously is not the same.

Having said that, do I think Nolan vs. Supreme should be the end-all-be-all gauge/showing? Of course not(my initial post was facetious if that wasn't already clear.) I just think it does need to be considered on *some* level when the topic of categorizing high-end Viltrumites comes up, simply because it IS canon. thumb up

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Interesting, I haven't read Larsen's supreme, however, nothing in Invincible strikes me on a par with the stuff both Liefield and Moore's Supremes pulled and the Moore and Liefield Supremes being the same? One is a semi-psychotic stone killer with a super soldier origin and the other isn't. I'm not saying you're wrong, just how does that work?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sorry, I just recognized my error.

'Mean' Supreme from Larsen's run IS the psychotic version from Liefeld's original run. THEY are the same.

Moore's Supreme is another version entirely(there were quite a few different Supremes toward the end of the series.) But as I said: it was outright shown/stated that mean Supreme is the most powerful version of the character, period.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:08 PM
riv6672

^^^Confusing.

Good reading, though, thanks Galan.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:13 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry, I just recognized my error.

'Mean' Supreme from Larsen's run IS the psychotic version from Liefeld's original run. THEY are the same.

Moore's Supreme is another version entirely(there were quite a few different Supremes toward the end of the series.) But as I said: it was outright shown/stated that mean Supreme is the most powerful version of the character, period.
There were some different versions in Moore's also, but it's more than a decade since I looked at it. Probably nearly two. My comic trivia is not what it was. I will check out Larsen's. I think though the feats of Moore's would take some topping he was Golden Age Supes on steroids.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:17 PM