KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dumped into the DC Universe II

Dumped into the DC Universe II
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Dumped into the DC Universe II

Nods to Carver & Sin i Am.
Same as Carver's thread.
You get to choose the power set of one of the characters below, in their prime, no amps.
Who do you choose, and a year later, where do you see yourself in the DCU?

Madison Jeffries
Technokinetic ability to reshape plastic, metal, and glass to any shape desired
Technopathic ability to mentally communicate with A.I., such as machines and robots.

Rumour
Reality Manpulation Voice-induced Manipulation‎.

Sebastian Shaw
Ability to absorb all kinetic and thermal energy directed at him and use it to augment his strength, speed, stamina and recuperation capabilities to superhuman levels.

Nightcrawler
Superhuman agility, dexterity, coordination, reflexes and balance
Enhanced flexibility, speed and night vision, Teleportation, Prehensile tail, Ability to stick to walls, Camouflage in shadows.

Marvel Boy
Enhanced reflexes, speed, strength, and endurance. Triple jonted. Able to reroute his neurological impulses. Able to scale any surface. Can digest almost anything. Psychedelic mind control spittle. Detachable exploding fingernails.

Invisible Woman
Invisibility. Projected invisibility. Invisible force field projection which bestows the ability to generate protective invisible shields and invisible energy constructs.

Sandman
Superhuman strength, durability and endurance, Flight (in sandstorm form), Size and mass manipulation, Density control, Shapeshifting, Completely organic sand within body, Earth manipulation.

Prodigy
Ability to mimic the knowledge possessed by others.

America Chavez
Superhuman strength, speed, and durabilty, Flight, Inter-reality transportation.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 09:47 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Sandman. He's basically a sand elemental. This means he doesn't need to sleep, eat, breathe, etc... He's effectively immortal.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 12:59 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Chavez.

Then I come home.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 06:58 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Nah, thats the one place you cant go.
Lousy edit feature on this site.
Thought to add that caveat -after- the 15 minute time limit.
Then i thought, 'no big deal, i'll just mention it after DS tries to be smart and loophole himself out of the OP stips in the morning'. thumb up smile

Interested if anyone picks Night -can teleport anyone's head off to win every fight instantly- Crawler, since they actually stop looking human.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 09:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I assume am stuck in DC? I can at least port across all 52 Earths though, right?

Otherwise, Madison Jeffries for me.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 10:02 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I assume am stuck in DC? I can at least port across all 52 Earths though, right?

Oh definitely, you just cant -DS- your way home.
I figure her power would actually be pretty sought after, given DC's whole alternate earth-centric nature.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 10:08 AM
shadowknight

Re: Dumped into the DC Universe II

Before I make my choice here my views on each character role in the DCU

Madison Jeffries-His ability is tailor made for the JL but Cyborg somewhat duplicates each other abilities. Having said that I could see him as a hero in Chicago, Philly, LA, DC or any major city that doesn't have an A list Hero already occupying it. Nevertheless using his abilities he could easily become a multi-billionaire within a yr or less.

Rumour-He seems more suited as a villain than a hero. He would easily join the Suicide Squad as an operative. On the other hand you could easily become a multi-millionaire just using your abilities creatively & not being obvious about.

Sebastian Shaw-nice ability, but not JL lvl power. I could see him more in the JSA or Outsiders. On the other hand he would make a great SM or WW villain.

Nightcrawler-Nice ability but not JL material. I see him in the Doom Patrol. On the other hand he would make a great NW, GA or Flash villain.

Marvel Boy-This character is custom made for the TT or Titans, but not the JL or the JSA. On the other hand he would make a great Batman, GA, NW or Bird of Play villain.

Invisible Woman-Very powerful yet limited powerset, GL can do everything she does & more. But i could see her in the JSA or the Outsiders. As a villain someone like her would give Flash, NW or GA fits. Having said this she be perfect for the Suicide Squad and an intelligent use of powers can easily make her the perfect spy for the CIA, NSA or a Corporate Spy working for LL or any number of semi-evil corporation.

Sandman-This character power set is 1 of the few that powerful enough & varied enough to a star if not a superstar in any DC team even the JL. His only weakness is lack of moneymaking opportunities using said powers

Prodigy-This character would make a great Mob Boss, world renown scientist or Business Leader. Without a doubt he has the greatest potential to become a Multi-billionaire legally or illegally within 6 mts or less. But on the other hand I don't see much possibility of a team needing his services when Batman, NW, Robin, Mr Terrific can somewhat duplicate his abilities and they're also great physical specimen.

America Chavez-While her powers are impressive, except for the teleportation she basically has at least half a dozen analogues already in the DCU. While I can see her in the Suicide Squad, Outsiders or Doom Patrol, she brings nothing to the table the JL or the Titans can't easily do. Nevertheless she could make an excellent foil for Supergirl, WW, GL, Flash or the TT.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 06:00 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dont agree with a lot of that, but appreciate the detailed response. thumb up

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:30 PM
carver9

I would love to have Sebastian Shaw powers and done to their best, nothing would stop me tbh.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 11:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

Originally posted by carver9
I would love to have Sebastian Shaw powers and done to their best, nothing would stop me tbh.

oh yeah, this for sure. even movie shaw was almost ****ing unstoppable...

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 11:22 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The freezing cold would.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:26 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Freeze stopping Shaw? I disagree.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:29 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by riv6672
Dont agree with a lot of that, but appreciate the detailed response. thumb up
Which 1 you disagree with or feel is incorrect?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:35 AM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Freeze stopping Shaw? I disagree.

Yea temp extremes would wreck him...u could drown him, tk him etc...not unstoppable

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:07 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yeah, not hardly.

Originally posted by shadowknight
Which 1 you disagree with or feel is incorrect?

Too much to list, i dont feel like typing that much.
Again, thank you, we just have completrly different views on the characters.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 04:39 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

had to have Invisible woman's or Madison Jeffries

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:25 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're changing those sigs fast, man.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:30 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The thread title makes one think of someone taking a dump into DC, and Bendis being the turd..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

id would join any team id probably be the type that gets into trouble but still helps out when necessary or when sounds like fun or lucrative

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:43 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're changing those sigs fast, man.

about a couple time a week. I made so many and I'm hardly ever online. so I like to switch them out. change the scenery a bit

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2018 02:45 PM