KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Pick a brain

Pick a brain
Started by: Scarlet315

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scarlet315

Pick a brain

Which brain would you prefer? Bruce's knowledge of all the various sciences and learned martial arts or Reed Richards and his vast knowledge of well...everything practically. The only caveat is that you don't have Bruce's trained body, money, bat toys and as for Reed you don't have his powers, Sue's affection, etc

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:30 PM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Personally, I would prefer Bruce's but in reality, either one would be leagues beyond pretty much every human on Earth, and I would probably end up being rich regardless. Inventing things like the fantasticar, batarangs, roofies (which would get me what I want from Sue anyway). And the floppy disk drive.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 05:01 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Reed's, easily.

Lol@ Sue's affection though.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 05:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Reed.
Dont like the guy, but, he's got the goods over Bruce.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 10:12 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Bruce easily, with Bruce knowledge all it would take is determination to have the best of both worlds. With Bruce brain you can easily create a Batman like character all you need is determination. While Reed knowledge is impressive it's limited to science, tech and languages. It's not that I don't think someone can't be successful but to me I see a repeat of what Edison did to Testla.

I've always seen Reed as Nicholas Testla and Bruce as Albert Einstein. This is in the sense Reed is more imaginative and can create things beyond what currently know, but Bruce can take whatever science or tech is out there and move it forward to the next logical conclusion.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 03:33 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Reed's, easily.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone BUT Reed has that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 04:32 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by shadowknight
I've always seen Reed as Nicholas Testla and Bruce as Albert Einstein. This is in the sense Reed is more imaginative and can create things beyond what currently know, but Bruce can take whatever science or tech is out there and move it forward to the next logical conclusion.

Exactly, which is why i choose Reed.
Batman has a billion dollar tech company to provide him what he needs.
You wont.
With Reed's brain, someone would soon have a billion dollar tech company of their own.

My example is NOT about making money, TBC.
Its about what each character is actually going to be capable of in a real world scenario.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 06:28 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by riv6672
Exactly, which is why i choose Reed.
Batman has a billion dollar tech company to provide him what he needs.
You wont.
With Reed's brain, someone would soon have a billion dollar tech company of their own.

My example is NOT about making money, TBC.
Its about what each character is actually going to be capable of in a real world scenario.
Your missing the point even-though Testla was a better scientist, Edison stole his inventions, became a multi-millionaire and receive credit for inventions that wasn't his. While Testla died sick, broke and alone.Someone with just Reed knowledge of sciences would get screwed patent-wise, business-wise and socially. That would never happen with someone with Bruce's knowledge, beyond the sciences, Bruce is also an excellent businessman, knows how to get women and a social lion in any situation he happens to be in.

Last edited by shadowknight on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:04 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Double post

Last edited by shadowknight on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 09:10 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:06 PM
shadowknight

Double post

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:08 PM
DarkSaint85

Yeah but we have his knowledge,not his personality.

And I'm a d1ck. So Reed's knowledge will be put to good use.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:15 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by shadowknight
Your missing the point

No, you are, unfortunately:

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:41 AM
Scarlet315

Reed's, easily.

Lol it would be cheating cause Reed earned that before cosmic rays

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:42 PM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

And I'm a d1ck. So Reed's knowledge will be put to good use.
embarrasment Please why do I have to explain something that should be self evident? Testla was screwed over by Edison not b/c he trusted him after the first couple of times. Testla was screwed over b/c Edison was a better businessman. Edison cut off his line of credit from banks and ruined any company Testla partnered with. At the end Edison got what he wanted practically all Testla inventions for a song.

Without also having Bruce knowledge of business, no matter how smart Reed might be or you with Reed Knowledge of science would get screwed over. Watch the Wolf of Wall Street, Shark tank or the old Dallas TV show. Simply put without the knowledge on how the game is played in the business world the Sharks will eat minow. It has nothing to do with personality, it has to do with knowledge pure & simple.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 03:50 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Tesla/Edison is comparing apples to Dyson Spheres in this case. Business knowledge or no, either way you'd be so brilliant compared to rl standards that you'd be rich in a goddamn hurry. But Lol @ patent laws and such being a hindrance to someone who can create planet-destroyers and travel dimensions.

Wolf of Wall Street is a movie. It's interesting because it's different. Where I work is very much in corporate America. It's not a bunch of dudes with their d*cks out trying to game the system.

I'd pick Reed and set to work first on prolonging my life indefinitely. I can learn anything I'm lacking, given time.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 28th, 2017 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You do know Reed actually has that business knowledge, right....he just chooses (i.e. his personality) not to make mega bucks off it.

He has all the patents on his inventions, for example. He just let's then lapse because he doesn't view it as important (his personality).

He's not an idiot just because it's business, lol. He knows what to do....he just chooses not to.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:08 PM
riv6672

Good stuff; glad the subject was re-visited.
Still going Reed over Batman.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:50 PM
Scarlet315

Originally posted by riv6672
Good stuff; glad the subject was re-visited.
Still going Reed over Batman.

Truth

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 03:10 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

interesting takes. reed all the way only way I'd take bats instead would be to become batman and I'm not a psycho.

I'm pretty sure reed financed their skyscraper spaceships and whatnots off of patent money, so reed is no slouch when it comes to money. r

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 07:06 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Re: Pick a brain

Originally posted by Scarlet315
Which brain would you prefer? Bruce's knowledge of all the various sciences and learned martial arts or Reed Richards and his vast knowledge of well...everything practically. The only caveat is that you don't have Bruce's trained body, money, bat toys and as for Reed you don't have his powers, Sue's affection, etc

Bruce

cuz

Reed is a ****

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 01:05 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote