KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Race Zeta Beams

Race Zeta Beams
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Race Zeta Beams

Let's say Adam Strange teleports from Earth by Zeta beams and these characters are tasked to catch him. Keep in mind Adam can teleport across 100 trillion lightyears in moments. Only flight, no teleportation or portals.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

1. Quasar
2. Thor
3. Silver Surfer
4. Runner
5. Gladiator

Which of them succeds?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:04 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Well we know for sure it won't be Quasar. His limit is just under the speed of light. That's why he needs to Quantum Jump. I don't think Runner can do it without warping either.

Gladiator can't do it. We saw on panel, in that Thanos mini, that his speed cap is several hundred times light speed. It's cool but not enough.

That leaves Thor and Surfer.

Thor without Mjolnir isn't doing jacksh|t period. Thor with Mjolnir, without warping, is possible. Mjolnir is a magical artifact and even Surfer was commenting on how fast it moves.

A PIS/CISless Surfer can probably do it. Transform himself into tachyons and have a go at it.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:40 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ You should have posted the first page of that scene, abhi -- it helps gauge/quantify the feat far better, imo:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

*Adam zeta-beamed himself and Superman 100 trillion light years away, in the space of a SINGLE PANEL.

Suffice to say, NONE of the contestants here possess the raw speed necessary to outrace zeta-beams, lol. Not even close.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 6th, 2017 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thor and SS.
Zop made a distinction of Thor without Mjolnir, but thats not really relevant.
In the classic sense theyre a package deal. Like Hal/Ring, Cap/Shield, Batman/Belt, Tony/Armor.
Unless the OP specifies otherwise, and it didnt, why even bother saying 'with/without hammer'?

Aaaanyway, yeah, Thor and SS, they can do it. It would be a bigger feat for Thor than the space faring SS.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Scans of Thor or Surfer traveling 100 trillion light years in a single panel, with nothing but their own raw speed?

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 6th, 2017 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Scans of them failing to do so?
I mean, if you want scans of my opinion, i'd like some of yours.
Otherwise, we both just have opinions, dont we.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

100 trillion light years is way bigger than our own universe. ~90 billion light years.

What flight speeds have thor and ss shown on that level?

It took Surfer a fraction of a second to cross 1 whole lightyear, and he was pushing himself.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:59 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Wait, are Zeta beams a means of teleportation or a means of propulsion? Just confused because the OP says that the Adam teleports but that no teleportation is allowed. So is the question who can travel faster than "instantly" or what?

While I won't go so far as to say that Surfer could do it, I will say that I could see it being within the realm of possibility for him. There was one time where him, BRB, and Quasar needed to get somewhere quick so the later two teleported and Surfer seemed to arrive at the same time. It was no where near the distance being discussed though, I'm just pointing out that he's seemingly kept up with long range teleportation before.

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 6th, 2017 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:08 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
100 trillion light years is way bigger than our own universe. ~90 billion light years.

What flight speeds have thor and ss shown on that level?

It took Surfer a fraction of a second to cross 1 whole lightyear, and he was pushing himself.

Yeah but you can really use that feat as a negative because we don't actually know just how small of a fraction of a second it was.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:15 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Eh, we can ball park it pretty well.

Looking at the panels again we see Thanos throw a punch at Cap just as Surfer starts his movement, and we see Thanos' punch get closer and closer to Cap's face before Surfer arrives.

We even see that Cap's facial expression has time to change while Surfer is traveling.

He was gritting his teeth in one panel and his mouth was closed in another.

All in all I'd say it was a 1/10th of a second scene. Even if it was 1/100th of a second it wouldn't be enough.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:21 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Eh, we can ball park it pretty well.

Looking at the panels again we see Thanos throw a punch at Cap just as Surfer starts his movement, and we see Thanos' punch get closer and closer to Cap's face before Surfer arrives.

We even see that Cap's facial expression has time to change while Surfer is traveling.

He was gritting his teeth in one panel and his mouth was closed in another.

All in all I'd say it was a 1/10th of a second scene. Even if it was 1/100th of a second it wouldn't be enough.

See, I just don't like the idea of treating that particular feat as if it's quantifiable for or against Surfer. Even when I posted it in the his respect thread I actually labled as him traveling just over a light year in second(s) just to account for the possiblility of Thanos holding up his hand tauntingly rather than just throwing a regular punch. I consider it one of those things that's obviously impressive, but too ambiguous to use for a definitive answer for or against Surfer's speed in anything but the broadest sense.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:32 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I don't think that any of them can do it. I wonder if the Flash can though?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 10:37 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by riv6672
Scans of them failing to do so?
I mean, if you want scans of my opinion, i'd like some of yours.
Otherwise, we both just have opinions, dont we.
...Except me saying that NO ONE on this list can outrace zeta-beams isn't just my 'opinion', because NONE of them have feats to suggest they can... Not even remotely close, in fact. Ergo, my 'opinion' here is actually *fact*. smile

Anywho, you are more than welcome to have an opinion that Thor and Surfer can outrace zeta-beams with their own raw speed. I just hope you realize that your opinion doesn't mean anything at all in this debate, unless you can validate it with *some* form of on panel evidence(which you have yet to do) -- this is referred to as the "burden of proof"... Now IF you are able to provide said evidence, your opinion could then be moved into the realm of *fact*.

This is how debating works. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. thumb up

Originally posted by darthgoober
Wait, are Zeta beams a means of teleportation or a means of propulsion?
Teleportation. It allows for instantaneous travel across any distance... This goes all the way back to its very first appearance in the 1950s.

Originally posted by Stoic
Because zeta-beam literally equates to instantaneous teleportation from one point to another, the only way it could logically be 'outraced' is with *some* form of temporal manipulation/dilation... Basically how Flash 'outran' the Cosmic Gamblers.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:39 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

only way i could see it coming even close to happening would be if someone were able to BECOME zeta energy. not impossible for someone like ss but likely against the spirit of the rules. someone could also harness it--maybe more plausible, but under their own power, using only speed? no one here has even remotely CLOSE to the feats to suggest this is even a debatable issue. /shrug

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 12:14 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

And I'm sure SS could harness/become zeta-beam, tbh... Firestorm has, after all. But like you said: I think OP only wants raw physical speed used here.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 12:24 AM
ghostman

didnt ss outrace the destruction of the multiverse?

also i think the closest outside of that would be fates helmet when it outraced the big bang and new52 cap atom doing the same thing.

i think they can do it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:41 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic

He can, easily....he outraced instantaneous transmission before

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:40 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He can, easily....he outraced instantaneous transmission before

He was amped but before that he was able to race them.

He raced against zeta beams off panel though.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-crVnsxGKv...Ic42/RCO016.jpg

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:16 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by abhilegend
He was amped but before that he was able to race them.

Wait he was amped?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:29 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

By speed of entire Earth, Krakkl and five of the fastest Superheroes on earth.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:31 AM