KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Mandarin vs Shang Chi

The Mandarin vs Shang Chi
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

The Mandarin vs Shang Chi

No rings.

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 09:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Shang Chi wins this.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 09:49 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

This is a tough one.

According to old KMC tiers, Mandy would comfortably win.

Mandy is def not an idiot like Karnak, that's what makes it an uphill battle for Shang.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Tiers are fine as a guideline.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That was also before or around the rise and fall of the Church of Rand. It brought a lot of Shangs better feats to the front in the arms race of street levelers.

Plus Shangs had better feats since, like crippling the leg of that Aleph and giving one of the stronger Immortal Weapons, Bride of Nine Spiders, a pretty good run, including finishing her off with a kick.

Considering Iron Man himself is one of the most variable characters ever, who's both struggled against everyone and beaten near everyone, I wouldn't call giving him a hard time a sure-fire "I win" button.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
I wouldn't call giving him a hard time a sure-fire "I win" button.

I wouldnt either.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:02 AM
VanMae

The Mandarin smashes him.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 02:43 PM
VanMae is currently offline Click here to Send VanMae a Private Message Find more posts by VanMae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dont see it, not straight up h2h.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:37 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd go with shang.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VanMae

He can take Shang's best hits, and Shang can't take his, so this sounds like a curbstomp.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:35 PM
VanMae is currently offline Click here to Send VanMae a Private Message Find more posts by VanMae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by VanMae
He can take Shang's best hits, and Shang can't take his, so this sounds like a curbstomp.

Yeah but he has no rings, which is why he drops down a couple of tiers. I'd pick Shang for the win in this case.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 10:25 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VanMae

How? His chi alone puts him physically too far above Shang.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 10:59 PM
Smurph
------

Shang probably

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 11:08 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by VanMae
How? His chi alone puts him physically too far above Shang.

The only character that I've seen the Mandarin outclass in terms of H2H was Tony when he blocked a punch, which resulted in popping the capsule in his elbow. Tony isn't exactly the best H2H fighter. On the other hand Shang has far more H2H showings than the Mandarin, so I'd think that giving the Mandarin the win here would be the less reasonable option.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 11:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yeah.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:22 AM