KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Worst Cases of PIS in Comic Books

Worst Cases of PIS in Comic Books
Started by: WolverineX25

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Angry Worst Cases of PIS in Comic Books

In your Opinion, what are the Worst Cases of Plot-Induced Stupidity you have read in Comic Books? (Marvel, DC, Image, or Indie - doesn't matter)

I Vote: when Squirrel Girl defeated Thanos...wtf?

What are your picks?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 04:53 AM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, how did Thanos survive an encounter with Doreen?

He should have been atomized.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:36 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Batman not dying by stray punches.

This is not bad because it doesn't happen often, but because of the consequence: Batman not being dead.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:43 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

See any thing Wolverine/Deadpool.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 05:55 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

World War Hulk arc

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 06:21 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Sentry being punked by Hammond Torch. I realize they had to write him out of the storyline, but come on.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:49 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Thor VS Sentry

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry being punked by Hammond Torch. I realize they had to write him out of the storyline, but come on.

I actually would take this argument a step further: I don't see how Thor was able to defeat the Sentry that easily, not after the Sentry destroyed most of Asgard. I feel like it was a desperate attempt to end the story featuring Sentry.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 07:51 PM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Flyattractor
See any thing Wolverine/Deadpool.
actually, Deadpool has regularly gotten turned into hamburger and hardly ever walks away from a fight without receiving some major injuries.....

On topic, Nightwing surviving against that guy with all of the powers of the Justice League, Batman surviving against zoom, and the flash stabbing himself on Deathstroke's sword.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 08:16 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley

This is not bad because it doesn't happen often, but because of the consequence: Batman not being dead.

Batman vs Superman and Val Arnorr being the bigger offenders.

They can literally punch out a mountain, and Batman's gonna go "oof" and fight on. Right.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 08:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

I completely forgot about Batman's "Bat Kick" against the Spectre. That was one of the stupidest moments in comic books.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 08:43 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by WolverineX25
I completely forgot about Batman's "Bat Kick" against the Spectre. That was one of the stupidest moments in comic books.
the next page consisted of the spectre literally telling him that he let it happen though.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 08:54 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Originally posted by deathslash
the next page consisted of the spectre literally telling him that he let it happen though.

I'm aware, but it was still stupid. But then again, so was the whole Korvac story VS the Living Tribunal back in the day. I'll also post another PIS moment in my next posting:

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:00 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by WolverineX25
the whole Korvac story

This. That What If made ZERO sense. Korvac beats many cosmic beings yet panics at the sight of an alien armada. laughing

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:15 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Weakened MM vs Sentry

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:17 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

The Living Tribunal VS The Infinity Gauntlet

Another PIS moment in my opinion was when Eternity and the Celestial Cast of Marvel appealed to the Living Tribunal when Thanos possessed the Infinity Gauntlet, and the LT responded that Thanos was in No Violation of Natural Order despite becoming the Supreme Being of the 616 Universe and wiping out half of the life population of that universe.

However, when it came to Adam Warlock possessing the Infinity Gauntlet, the LT took Eternity's new case and actually agreed with Eternity that Adam Warlock was not mentally fit to rule the universe.

This makes no sense to me. Thanos was mentally fit to rule a universe, but Adam Warlock was not. The Living Tribunal made no effort to subpoena Thanos for trial and review, but Adam Warlock was forced to the M-Dimension for Judgment and was ruled unfit to wield the Infinity Gauntlet.

I just don't buy that, I think the storyline direction forced this plot sequence.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:24 PM
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Originally posted by zopzop
This. That What If made ZERO sense. Korvac beats many cosmic beings yet panics at the sight of an alien armada. laughing

It was such a stupid saga.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:33 PM
DarkSaint85

Batman. Just, the whole concept.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:45 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Bentley

Originally posted by Insane Titan
World War Hulk arc

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Batman. Just, the whole concept.

I will fight you all to the death!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 09:57 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Everything Guggenhiem wrote in JSA. Complete and utter hack

So many errors too much to count.
Alan Scot (en entity of living magical energy shown fozens of times) had to create a neck brace to support a broken neck. The same character who simply regrew an eyeball when it suited him. The instant he crossed over into JLA and was under the pen of Robinson he healed in a few panels.

The guy couldnt even get basic history of the JSA and the real world right in the same arc. He had Jay and Alan in uniform a couple of years prior to their joining, going on a mission vs Nazis before the US joined the war in an area of the world that eas fascist Italy Occupied not Nazi occupied.

What a GREAT writer, way to research the subject matter

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 11:27 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, how did Thanos survive an encounter with Doreen?

He should have been atomized.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 11:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote