KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » shaman nate vs flash (wally)

shaman nate vs flash (wally)
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

shaman nate vs flash (wally)

how this goez?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 08:39 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

really? i say flash kills him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 01:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Flash kills him to death.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:10 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nate lobotomize him.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:11 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
really? i say flash kills him.
Originally posted by "Id"
Flash kills him to death.

Really? I could have sworn Shaman Nate had some degree of time manipulation (meaning he can at least PERCEIVE the Flash). As long as Shaman knows he's there, what's saving Flash from a mindwipe?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:14 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Nate rapes.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Blue Superman wins.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:10 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

slightly more realistically--it depends if you think nate's ability to perceive time would give him the chance to defend himself. and also on the effects a speed steal would have on thought.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ When Wally used speed-steal to perma-freeze Inertia(which is the furthest he has EVER taken that technique on panel, mind you), he [Inertia] was still fully conscious -- able to see/hear/think in real time:
https://i.imgur.com/Mj8iAvr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K1A5yUO.jpg

I can only assume Nate would be left in much the same state if his speed were stolen(which is obviously *bad* for Flash)... But tbh, I'm not quite sure what sort of effect that technique would have on Nate anyway. After all, he isn't a physical being -- he is just pure psionic energy:
https://i.imgur.com/Z8hxMw3.jpg

/shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 29th, 2017 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 06:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What about Amazo? He had the speed steal performed on him too.

I always read the Inertia scene as Wally taking all his speed away....but deliberately leaving his consciousness active to torture him.

Wally has speed stolen energy as well btw. Kraakl (right?) Blue Superman....

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Oct 29th, 2017 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 06:54 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I always read the Inertia scene as Wally taking all his speed away....but deliberately leaving his consciousness active to torture him.
That was never stated, though. Even in subsequent issues it was implied that his consciousness remaining intact was just a corollary of Flash perma-freezing him in time. ie. Flash took speed-steal further than EVER before, and that's what happened. /shrug

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wally has speed stolen energy as well btw.
Conscious, psionic energy?

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 29th, 2017 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Galan007
That was never stated, though. Even in subsequent issues it was implied that his consciousness remaining intact was just a corollary of Flash perma-freezing him in time. ie. Flash took speed-steal further than EVER before, and that's what happened. /shrug
Speed stealing extends to the speed of the neurons/brain [i.e. what enables thinking]:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...72434-spedb.jpg

If you stop the neurons from moving, the brain is frozen.
If he wished, he could done the same to Inertia, obviously.

Shown again when Wally lends speed to the perceptions [i.e. brain/neurons] of Hippolyta to be able to keep up with him and Supes/J'onn:

http://i.imgur.com/JjPlF4H.jpg

Last edited by Philosophía on Oct 29th, 2017 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:21 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Philosophía
Speed stealing extends to the speed of the neurons/brain [i.e. what enables thinking]:

Shown again when Wally lends speed to the perceptions [i.e. brain/neurons] of Hippolyta to be able to keep up with him and Supes/J'onn:

Neurons on a psionic entity ?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:35 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Since Nate is pure psionic energy his mind should function just fine regardless of the state of his physical brain.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:38 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Phil

Funny, I know I've seen that Dark Flash scan before -- totally forgot about it, though, so thanks. thumb up

Like I mentioned, though: Nate is an energy-being, so I'm not sure what effect speed-steal would have on him regardless..? /shrug

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 07:59 PM
Philosophía

Originally posted by Galan007
Funny, I know I've seen that Dark Flash scan before -- totally forgot about it, though, so thanks. thumb up

Like I mentioned, though: Nate is an energy-being, so I'm not sure what effect speed-steal would have on him regardless..? /shrug
Well, like Saint says, he stole some energy beings' speed. Pretty positive it hasn't been as specific as psychic energy, though, so there's nothing concrete in immobilizing specifically Nate's make-up. Psychic energy is presumably on the range of EM spectrum, no? Given that, IIRC, Magneto has mucked with it, and even prohibited long-range telepathy. Given who Flash has stolen from, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked.

I mean, Flash'd have to team-up with somebody just as fast who has feats of doing so in order to be sure..

shifty

edit:

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Philosophía on Oct 29th, 2017 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:08 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm not 100% sure even if he stole ALL his speed, including neuronal, that it would stop nate. if he say, sends his consciousness into the astral plane, we get into the debate regarding the mind/consciousness vs the brain.

so, MAYBE it would work. of course, it would be ooc for him to take that much speed anyway so i still think it would come down to his perceptual speed and his ability to defend just being punched unconscious. /shrug

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:27 PM