KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman [With Cap's Shield] Vs Wolverine

Batman [With Cap's Shield] Vs Wolverine
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Batman [With Cap's Shield] Vs Wolverine

Batman trains with it first

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on Oct 30th, 2017 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:42 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Little Jimmy via HF only.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Who is that in your avatar

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:11 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Dunno. Just found it on a GoogImage Search. And it fit into the Boards overly strict pic guidlines.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Batman [With Cap's Shield] Vs Wolverine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Batman trains with it first

Its still a handicap for Batman.
He'd be better off with his utility belt.
Wolvie 10/10.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:17 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

we've how effective the shield can be as an offensive weapon if used correctly against logan. if we assume bats gets to be as good with it as cap he could win some. i'd still take logan for a majority. if he had his belt and the shield he'd def end logan the vast majority of the time.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Re: Re: Batman [With Cap's Shield] Vs Wolverine

Originally posted by riv6672
Its still a handicap for Batman.
He'd be better off with his utility belt.
Wolvie 10/10.
He can use his belt

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:21 PM
Shabazz916

wolverine

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:41 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Re: Re: Batman [With Cap's Shield] Vs Wolverine

He can use his belt

Even worse, then.
Trying to fight in his usual manner while saddled with the shield.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 04:09 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Batman should be able to adapt at using the shield when needed, he is a chump but not so much of a chump that he will be handicapped by the best defensive melee weapon in existence.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 07:45 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Re: Re: Re: Batman [With Cap's Shield] Vs Wolverine

He can use his belt

Batman wins the majority.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:54 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Bentley
Batman should be able to adapt at using the shield when needed, he is a chump but not so much of a chump that he will be handicapped by the best defensive melee weapon in existence.

Its the best defensive/offensive weapon for Cap.
Cap gets the best out of the shield.
After years of using it in battle,
(please log in to view the image)

training with it,

making sweet love to it.

Not just anyone can do what Cap, powered by the SS does with that shield.

It'd be interesting to see Batman lose with it though.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:10 AM
DarkSaint85

Yes but Batman has been trained in it's use. Does that automatically mean he's as good as Cap? Prob not, but if it's really handicaps him, what's stopping The World's Greatest Detective from throwing it away and going back to his usual MO?

Not to mention, he's pretty proficient in the use of his cape as a shield. So it's not exactly an alien appendage.

Plus,he's been trained. If OP means for him to be trained, but trained badly in it's use,then....OK.

Far too many weird plot devices in your scenario to be believable.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:19 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Agree to disagree.

Translation:
I believe i'm right, havent seen anything, posted by anyone, to change my mind, am the only one who's even attempted to provide any actyal evidence to support my opinion, and so am comfortable not continuing to argue the matter.

Please, enjoy the rest of the thread. smile thumb up

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:29 AM
DarkSaint85

Well when I get home from work,I'll post scans.

Summary of the scans I plan on showing: Batman's aptitude for learning, aptitude for learning combat techniques,mastery of all forms of combat on Earth, martial arts that already use shields extensively.

That will be in support of my claim that Batman will be familiar with the shields usage, even before being trained in it's use. His aptitude will bolster my claim that he will be able to pick it up quickly.

Your scans just show that Cap is extremely familiar with it, and argue that he can do things no one else can.

But that does not mean that THAT is what's needed to beat Wolverine. You don't need Cap level proficiency with the shield in order to beat Wolverine.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:56 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

daredevil has used the shield extremely well in the past and he's NEVER trained with it. shield+belt=bats ftw and it's really not all that debatable imo. /shrug

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 12:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

It's a shield guys, c'mon. It has one way to use. You hold it in front if yourself. It's not nunchucks, or a Stinger missile where you have to push multiple triggers in a certain order to fire off. You hold it. Bats is not going to throw it as it's his only defence against Logan's claws. Why would he? That's super risky.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:15 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He could just magnetise the shield:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...atman03_006.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...atman03_007.jpg

500m starting distance, common knowledge, World's Greatest Detective. Wolverine swipes at him, both claws get stuck to the shield, with no way of getting them off. Greatest threat, neutralised.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 07:30 AM
DarkSaint85

So my promised post.

Batman, as we all know, is a genius who can pick up any skill/knowledge quickly:
https://s5.postimg.org/8qlkxxqif/sh...tknowledge1.jpg

He also on top of this, has a natural affinity for combat skills and arts:
https://s5.postimg.org/av5xz17kn/se...oes-kirigi3.jpg
https://s5.postimg.org/aiejsuhl3/de...4-batmemory.jpg

This makes him a master of every combat art on Earth:
https://s5.postimg.org/s8g8dwq13/ba...re4-463ways.jpg
https://s5.postimg.org/j0nzx7qon/dc...tmanprofile.jpg
https://s5.postimg.org/8qlkxz8iv/jl...-batprofile.jpg

Specifically, and including kalarupriyat:
https://s5.postimg.org/fh227e0tj/ro...dianbatman3.jpg

Why is this important? It's a martial art (One of many) that relies heavily on fighting with a shield.

So, in summary:
Batman already knows martial arts that utilize the shield, and has mastered them.
On top of this, he has had training on the use of THIS shield.
He has his gear with him, which alone gives him the advantage over Wolverine.

He stomps here.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 08:24 AM