KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman Vs Wolverine : Speed equalized

Wonder Woman Vs Wolverine : Speed equalized
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Wonder Woman Vs Wolverine : Speed equalized

Who wins

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 05:47 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Downgraded Wolverine still cuts her in half.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:36 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Speed equalized, she’s still vastly stronger. His claws wouldn’t even scratch her, like they do to Hulk, considering she’s arguably even stronger than Hulk. This isn’t even a fight. She’d throw him into the sun, plain and simple.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:02 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Diana's piercing durability is piss-poor. And Logan has sliced through nigh-invulnerable characters with no effort.

Sure, if BFR is on, she could remove Wolverine from the battlefield. Just as he could end her in a single swipe. So, using their best striking feats, whoever hits first takes this.

And considering that speed is equalized, Logan tags her first, as he's more skilled.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Uhhh, Wolverine is nowhere near Wonder Woman’s level of skill. Batman is able to fight on equal terms with Deathstroke just through sheer skill, and he has admitted before that Wonder Woman is above even him. Logan has been put down by tons of people using their fighting skill alone. None of them compare to Wonder Woman, who is arguably the most skilled fighter in DC.

That being said, she still has mystic bracers that can block anything, even assuming that she couldn’t just tank his claws.

Or she could fly into space, and hurl an asteroid at Wolverine. She could even drop the moon on him, lol. She has plenty of ways to win this, and Wolverine could only win if he manages to land a lucky swipe at her head- which is extremely unlikely, especially given that she IS the vastly more skilled fighter.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:29 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wolverine has fought with top skill guys and Class 100 metas before and come out victorious.

Diana is a good fighter for a herald chick, but let's not pretend she's anything like Cassandra, Shiva... or even Huntress.

He doesn't need to target her head - he can gut her, sever her spine, cut the limbs off, carve out her heart... sounds to me like you haven't really read up on the character.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:51 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Logan easily kills her. no expression

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:05 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Downgraded Wolverine still cuts her in half.

This

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:09 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Gojeta, you are for some reason unquotable.

If you like the sun throw idea, though, and don't mind slightly out of character Dianas and Logans, you should love what these comic fans produced here ...

(Surprisingly professional work, I must say!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aR0pREAUzaQ

(4:13 -- 9:02)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:10 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Wonder Woman Vs Wolverine : Speed equalized

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Who wins

Answer depends on what year you're taking Wolverine from, what year you're taking Diana from, whether these 2 are in character, and what you have in mind for the arena.

If current Diana, i.e. "Rebirth" Diana, gonna go with Wolverine.
As I said before on another thread, I wouldn't give current Wonder Woman odds over Spider-Man, and I wasn't really joking.

If Nu52Diana, fight is probably more even. Nu52Diana can pull weapons from her bracelets to neutralize or reverse the striking distance advantage Wolverine might otherwise have with his claws.

However, when most people put Wonder Woman in a thread on this forum, they're generally referring to post-Crisis On Infinite Earths Diana, from about 1999 - 2009. I'd give Diana reasonably solid odds in that case, and, if we're actually using her as she was IN 2009, say she takes the overwhelming majority.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:27 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Worth noting the contradictory nature of retcons.

In World War Hulk versus X-Men, circa 2005 or thereabouts, Wolverine tells Hulk he's harder to cut than he was before, but Wolvie targets his eyes, and still manages to draw blood from Hulk elsewhere:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

This is probably the most direct contradiction of actual comicbook story history possible. In point of fact, the very FIRST time Wolverine went against the Hulk, Wolverine found his adamantium claws so ineffective that he decided to go after ANOTHER opponent who COULD be hurt, and largely leave Hulk alone:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Hulk #181, Volume 1
Year: 1974

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:41 PM
bluewaterrider

Another question is whether or not just any old strike from Wolverine will do.
Assuming Wonder Woman does not have Hulk181 resistance to Wolverine's claws, but merely Rogue's ...

Well, Mephisto #3, Mephisto versus X-Men, suggests Wolverine's strikes have to be very en pointe indeed:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 04:07 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Why do you compare her piercing durability to Rogue's? Diana is not even bulletproof:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 04:19 PM
bluewaterrider

Why do you compare her piercing durability to Rogue's? Diana is not even bulletproof:

In 1999, where that selection of Devastation shooting Diana comes from, you're right, she is NOT, then, bulletproof.

However 9 years later, there is a REALLY strong case to be made that Diana has quietly been upgraded to bulletproof. She expresses utter disbelief when arrows manage to wound her, which was no surprise at all to Diana past her teen years in the 1990s

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

... and summarily survives a sandwiching collision that has a serpent god's spear-like fangs shatter against her as the two smack into a train:

I have little reason to believe Rogue would fare as well as that, let alone better.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:06 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Rebirth says hi.

--

smile

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:31 PM
bluewaterrider

Rebirth says hi.

I covered that in my 2nd post, Stilt.
I am well aware of the difference in durability between those 2 Dianas:

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Answer depends on what year you're taking Wolverine from, what year you're taking Diana from, whether these 2 are in character, and what you have in mind for the arena.

If current Diana, i.e. "Rebirth" Diana, gonna go with Wolverine.
As I said before on another thread, I wouldn't give current Wonder Woman odds over Spider-Man, and I wasn't really joking.

If Nu52Diana, fight is probably more even. Nu52Diana can pull weapons from her bracelets to neutralize or reverse the striking distance advantage Wolverine might otherwise have with his claws.

However, when most people put Wonder Woman in a thread on this forum, they're generally referring to post-Crisis On Infinite Earths Diana, from about 1999 - 2009. I'd give Diana reasonably solid odds in that case, and, if we're actually using her as she was IN 2009, say she takes the overwhelming majority.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:37 PM
bluewaterrider

It's worthwhile asking what people think Diana's going to be doing all this while, too. It's not as if she's without any offensive options. Even Spider-Man, who has only a fraction of Diana's strength, is proof of that. Note how much time is gained even from a slam to the ground for him:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:04 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I covered that in my 2nd post, Stilt.
I am well aware of the difference in durability between those 2 Dianas:

My fault, being in a hurry.

Anyway, full capacity rule means he won't be holding back like he did against Rogue. That glancing strike was intentional.

His claws have penetrated through Thanos (who was using the Power Gem at the time), Terminus (who has no-sold Thor's physical and energy attacks), Gladiator, omnium steel (several times, it's vastly superior to titanium), Hulk's skull...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:05 PM
bluewaterrider

His claws have penetrated through Thanos (who was using the Power Gem at the time), Terminus (who has no-sold Thor's physical and energy attacks), Gladiator, omnium steel (several times, it's vastly superior to titanium), Hulk's skull...

1st: PIS
2nd: Who?
5th: Not impressed. Hulk was vulnerable even to bullets during the World War Hulk storyline.

3rd: Won't lie. A piercing showing against Gladiator would be well worth considering. Scans or it didn't happen, though.

4th: Scans or that never happened, either.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:29 PM
Vanguard

I came in here wanting to hear all the ways WW would slaughter Logan. But good arguments are being made for both sides.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 06:37 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote