KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beat my Mimic using your Mimic

Beat my Mimic using your Mimic
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Beat my Mimic using your Mimic

We'll be using Exiles Mimic. To those of you unfamiliar with him, he can mimic any superhuman's abilities but at only 50% effectiveness/power. He can have up to 5 superhumans copied at a time MAX.

My Mimic's copying the following superhumans :
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

He can overcome or initiate BFR (thanks to Blink), he has protection from or he can initiate mental attacks (thanks to Prof X), he has respectable physical stats (thanks to Colossus) backed up by shielding and other exotic abilities, like flight and blasting (thanks to Magneto and Cannonball).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:58 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I matched you, roughly, power set for power set, using DC since you used Marvel.
Was fun! thumb up

Magneto - Cosmic Boy
Prof X - Manchester Black
Cannonball - Bouncing Boy
Blink - Ambush Bug
Colossus - Citizen Steel

Last edited by riv6672 on Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Using mutants
Iceman
Multiple Man
Quicksilver
Legion
Franklin Richards

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:36 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pulse
Iron Man
Batman
Moon Knight
Lady Shiva

Last edited by RealityWarper on Dec 9th, 2017 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 01:02 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Pulse - Leech
Iron Man - Madison Jeffries
Batman - Midnighter
Moon Knight - The Shadow
Lady Shiva - Judo Master

Iceman - Elijah Snow
Multiple Man - Duplicate Damsel
Quicksilver - Jenny Quick
Legion - Jim Jaspers
Franklin Richards - Jenny Quantum

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 01:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

My mimic

Northstar - Superspeed
Leech - Power nullification
Invisible Woman - Invisibility + telepathic resistance
Bishop - Absorbs energy + telepathy
Maverick - Absorbs kinetic energy

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:51 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Didnt know Sue Storm had TP resistance.
Same with Bishop having TP.

Northstar - Aurora
Leech - Scramber
Invisible Woman - Martian Manhunter
Bishop - Kole
Maverick - Sebastian Shaw

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:22 AM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Mimic's copying the following superhumans :
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

Mine
Proteus (reality warping)
Northstar (super speed and flight)
Prof X (telepathy)
Rogue after permanently absorbing Wonderman's power (The whole enchilada)
Magneto (shields and shit)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:52 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

What is the purpose of this thread if you add MJJ, Jenny Quantum, Legion and Proteus?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:46 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
What is the purpose of this thread if you add MJJ, Jenny Quantum, Legion and Proteus?
embarrasment I don't know, I did think that myself but didn't want to ask it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:48 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

Spiderman - SS,agility,speed
Fantomex - trickery
Sebastian Shaw

this 3 would do it for me..

side note.. just curious about mimics powers, he has 50% effectives of the power, does that change depending on the number of powers he's mimicing? or is it just flat 50%.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:52 PM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
embarrasment I don't know, I did think that myself but didn't want to ask it.

Basically an arms race.

If you care to look at the bullds, i started by matching the initial mimic, trying to keep the power sets in the same ballpark.

My using jenny Quantum/Jim Jaspers was in response to Silent Master throwing in Legion/Franklin Richards, 2 characters WAY higher on the power scale than what was started with.

From there its just a matter of time till we hit abstracts.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 01:06 PM
carver9

I don't know the Cap he have for this...

North star - half speed of light, light blast, flight
Kitty Pride - untouchable, phase through you
Storm - control the weather
Psylock - close range combat, psi blades, tp
Proteus - reality warping

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

How does Mimic's power work?

So with Kitty's powers...does he only have his top half phased at a time?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

How do you half warp reality?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:50 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

With50% effectiveness, I'd really hate to have Blink's powers.

Will this teleport work? 50/50 chance of ending with my head fused into a building.....lol

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by riv6672

If you care to look at the bullds, i started by matching the initial mimic, trying to keep the power sets in the same ballpark.

thumb up
I should have said no "Godlike" superhumans and I should have limited it to Marvel. Having said that, I could have just started with :
Mad Jim Jaspers
Jamie Braddock
Franklin Richards
Marquis of Death
HoM Wanda
And ended my own thread before it began.

PS Proteus is fine. He has exploitable weaknesses.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How does Mimic's power work?

So with Kitty's powers...does he only have his top half phased at a time?

The way they explained it in comics is, he has that person's powers but at only half strength. For example : Colossus could lift 100 tons, Mimic Colossus could only lift 50 tons. Northstar could fly at light speed, Mimic Northstar could only fly at 1/2 light speed. Mimic Wolverine's healing factor was only half as fast/effective as Wolverine's healing factor. These are actual examples from the comic. I always assumed for more exotic powers like phasing or reality warping the scope and upper limit of the power would be halved. For example, Kitty's phasing powers. Kitty could phase herself and up to 1 ton of mass. I assumed Mimic Kitty could phase himself and 1000lbs of mass.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:22 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I prefer my interpretation.

I'll just punch you in the dick.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:29 PM
darthgoober

Sage
Exodus
White Queen
Psylock
Rachel Grey

Mimic can "stack" powers for increased effectiveness as he's demonstrated by stacking healing factors. This means that my mimic would have a significant advantage as far as psychic "raw power". Also, as far as I know Mimic doesn't actually gain any skill as far as utilizing his powers so your guy would only be able to use all his powers at their most basic levels. On the other hand my guy still has some off Sage's innate skill at figuring out just how powers work best. More raw power+greater skill using my psi powers means I that I just strait up overwhelm your defenses and shut your mind down easy peasy.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:35 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

He also already has some experience with telepathy.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:36 PM