KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is more versatile Captain Atom or Martian Manhunter

Who is more versatile Captain Atom or Martian Manhunter
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Who is more versatile Captain Atom or Martian Manhunter

In terms of being versatile

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:22 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Atom of course.

I hate your avy btw

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:36 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Why

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 04:38 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Why atom or y avy?

Atom because he can do stuff that makes MM irrelevant. Matter manip, time travel, teleportation, energy manip. Plus he has the standard dc flying brick powerset. Only thing MM has going for him is telepathy. Everything else pales im comparison

Avy because its the same as quans. I thought u were quan
Its weird

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:22 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain Atom for obvious reasons.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 05:52 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Pretty even.
Both have the usual strong/fly/speed/blast going for them.
Atom has energy manipulation, MM has TP and shape shifting. Each can do things the other cant.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:03 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Pretty even.
Both have the usual strong/fly/speed/blast going for them.
Atom has energy manipulation, MM has TP and shape shifting. Each can do things the other cant.

They are not pretty even though.

Matter manip/time manip/energy manip/healing > shape shifting and tp

and his baseline stats are superior to Jonns...Atom is simply above him.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 10:36 PM
riv6672

Ok.

I mean, MM went toe to toe with a mind controlled CM.
(please log in to view the image)

CA got wrecked by a mind controlled Mary.

So, to me theyre pretty even.
If i had to choose one for a mission i couldnt go wrong with either raw power-wise; my decision'd depend on the mission itself.

Last edited by riv6672 on Dec 9th, 2017 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Ok.

I mean, MM went toe to toe with a mind controlled CM.

CA got wrecked by a mind controlled Mary.

So, to me theyre pretty even.
If i had to choose one for a mission i couldnt go wrong with either raw power-wise; my decision'd depend on the mission itself.

Overall power and combat success dont speek to versatility though. You can be a more successful combatant and less versatile. A sniper for example in a special forces unit is immensely successful as a rule. He fights from a sage distance in hiding and can take out numberous enemy. Yet a navy seal trained im insertion, scuba, parachuting, camoflage, stealth, h2h, tacyics and often moderate medic training is vastly more versatile yet may not take as many enemy down in battle.

Being able to control energy on many spectrums can have affects like TP, being able to manip matter is vastly more versatile than shape shift.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:34 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by beatboks
Overall power and combat success dont speek to versatility though. You can be a more successful combatant and less versatile. A sniper for example in a special forces unit is immensely successful as a rule. He fights from a sage distance in hiding and can take out numberous enemy. Yet a navy seal trained im insertion, scuba, parachuting, camoflage, stealth, h2h, tacyics and often moderate medic training is vastly more versatile yet may not take as many enemy down in battle.

Being able to control energy on many spectrums can have affects like TP, being able to manip matter is vastly more versatile than shape shift.

Basically...plus Mary and Atom were mind-controlled.....and Marvel was mind controlled. cant base anything off those showings

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 02:33 AM
riv6672

^^^it proves you were wrong about CA and MMs baseline stats. The fact that you disagree only sweetens the deal.

Overall power and combat success dont speek to versatility though.

I agree, as i said i thought they were pretty even, in regards to versatility (the OP subject).
The scans were directed at the comment about CAs baseline stats being above MMs (not the OP subject).

Being able to control energy on many spectrums can have affects like TP,

Agree to disagree on that one...huh

Anyhow, like i said, pretty even.
It really depends on what you need done other than basic flying brick duties.

Cheers

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 03:56 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

^^^it proves you were wrong about CA and MMs baseline stats. The fact that you disagree only sweetens the deal.

I agree, as i said i thought they were pretty even, in regards to versatility (the OP subject).
The scans were directed at the comment about CAs baseline stats being above MMs (not the OP subject).

Agree to disagree on that one...huh

Anyhow, like i said, pretty even.
It really depends on what you need done other than basic flying brick duties.

Cheers

not at all actually riv. when someone is under mind control..that isnt them, its someone else....for example roulette like in your scan. plus in that same comic l-ron was already discussing with atom about how easy it would be for atom to defeat his enemies but instead he chooses to play with them. Atom is just flat out better, with better abilities and better feats.

MM has tp but Atom can revive the dead. MM can shape shift but Atom can Time Travel...way different scales

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:22 AM