KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Adam Warlock Vs Captain Atom

Adam Warlock Vs Captain Atom
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Adam Warlock Vs Captain Atom

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.
I want to see this fight debated, which version of AW to use is my problem, as there have been multiple, and my knowledge is lacking.
Was thinking New52 CA as the opponent if that helps narrow it down.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 05:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

dcnu captain atom>warlock with soul gem>pre flashpoint atom>classic warlock without gem>annihilation warlock

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 07:44 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Atom.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 10:20 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MrMind
dcnu captain atom>warlock with soul gem>pre flashpoint atom>classic warlock without gem>annihilation warlock

So you're saying its a toss up! stick out tongue

Thanks, double em.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 10:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Current warlock would blink atom out of existence

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 11:41 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Current warlock would blink atom out of existence

The one running around with Kang?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 01:02 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well ideally i'm not looking for either character to blink the other.
Was trying to find which versions might match up best.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 01:39 PM
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Sin I AM
The one running around with Kang?

Actually, I don't know. The last I saw of him he was beating abstracts

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 04:20 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warlock was best in his original ongoing series. I loved that with Magus, Thanos, Pip. It was the dogs nuts. Thanos has not been that cool since the 70's.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 06:20 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by MrMind

Pretty much this. w/ and w/o the gem isn't a huge deal, though. It actually muted some of his other abilities, but gave him some haxx OHK potential with the gem. If he's not cheesing and just fights "normally" he's just as powerful w/o it, imo.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 10:22 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^that's really interesting, damn. thumb up
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
... Thanos has not been that cool since the 70's.

Pre Marty Sue Thanos was pretty fun, yes.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 02:58 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^that's really interesting, damn. thumb up

I'm sure I don't have the scans anymore, but there's a couple references to the gem weakening Warlock, but giving him new abilities. So unless he's going for a soul steal or porting the battle inside the gem, it basically only gave him his karmic blast, which was excellent for breaking concentration (GL's kryptonite, for example) but didn't display massive raw power. His best pure power showings were without it.

Don't get me wrong, he's more powerful with the gem. But it's very stacked into lesser-used OHK abilities.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 03:15 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Digi
I'm sure I don't have the scans anymore, but there's a couple references to the gem weakening Warlock, but giving him new abilities. So unless he's going for a soul steal or porting the battle inside the gem, it basically only gave him his karmic blast, which was excellent for breaking concentration (GL's kryptonite, for example) but didn't display massive raw power. His best pure power showings were without it.

Don't get me wrong, he's more powerful with the gem. But it's very stacked into lesser-used OHK abilities.

can't he force port people into the gem? iirc he was intrinsically tied to it...its been so long since i read IW or his 90s stuff

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 03:42 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Sin I AM
can't he force port people into the gem? iirc he was intrinsically tied to it...its been so long since i read IW or his 90s stuff

That's actually a good question. He whooped Surfer with ease in the gem, where he's basically god, but I don't believe it was a forced port into it. I could be wrong. It's been a long while since I had to recall Warnock stuff in any detail.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 04:55 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

That's actually a good question. He whooped Surfer with ease in the gem, where he's basically god, but I don't believe it was a forced port into it. I could be wrong. It's been a long while since I had to recall Warnock stuff in any detail.

Galan recently posted some scans from what looks like a current ongoing where warlock is doijg his thing inside the gem. Maybe it will provide some insight

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 06:47 AM
riv6672

I think i'm getting a better handle on AW thanks to this, and your and Sin's conversation!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 09:31 AM
basilisk

Warlock with the gem also somehow defeated Mephisto in Mephisto's realm, I think.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 04:39 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by basilisk
Warlock with the gem also somehow defeated Mephisto in Mephisto's realm, I think.

Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection. He beat him straight up in Mephistos dimension.

This is a scene afterwards

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 05:53 PM