KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shouldn't Deathstroke take a majority over Spiderman?

Shouldn't Deathstroke take a majority over Spiderman?
Started by: Vanguard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vanguard

Shouldn't Deathstroke take a majority over Spiderman?

I know Spider-Man is powerful. But Slade was a villain spawned to take on an entire team that included Beast Boy, Donna Troy, Raven, Wally West, and Starfire. He regularly fought all of them at the same time.

He's got the tactical mind that turns the superior aspects of opponents against them. And this is way before Midnighter.

(please log in to view the image)

He's so adept at using his equipment that he can strike and stagger someone with the speed and power of Superman.

And he has the skill to fight and survive in hand to hand combat with Wonder Woman.

I know Spider-Man has some great showings too. But Slade has the intelligence, equipment, and skill advantages. The disparity between these two, in those areas is significant enough for Slade to take the majority imo. In other words, Slade is more dominant in the areas that he holds an advantage in. Intelligence, equipment, and skill have a greater impact on the outcome of this fight than speed and strength.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:16 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You answered your own question.
Slade -can- take a majority over Spidey. In your opinion.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Not mine..

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:32 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
You answered your own question.
Slade -can- take a majority over Spidey. In your opinion.

Dood, I want people to agree. I want to start a movement. It doesn't help if its only my opinion.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:34 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not mine..

Not in your opinion.....

Is it because u like Spiderman more?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:35 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Vanguard
Dood, I want people to agree. I want to start a movement. It doesn't help if its only my opinion.

I hear you.
I'm alone in many of my opinions here, too.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

I hear you.
I'm alone in many of my opinions here, too.

sad

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 07:38 PM
DarkSaint85

Not in your opinion.....

Is it because u like Spiderman more?

No. It's because Slade can't beat Spidey.

Let's look at your scans again.

In your Superman scan, it shows him casually backhanding the staff out of Slade's hands, and Slade admitting that Superman can easily fry him to a crisp.

In the WW scan, he had the Godkiller sword. A sword that was becoming a part of him, and was amping him.

Let's look at Spiderman's feats against herald level opponents.

Against Juggernaut, the Phoenix Five, Masterson Thor, Hulk, Firelord....

I mean, DS does well against his heralds.

Spiderman beats his.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

No. It's because Slade can't beat Spidey.
In your Superman scan, it shows him casually backhanding the staff out of Slade's hands, and Slade admitting that Superman can easily fry him to a crisp.

In the WW scan, he had the Godkiller sword. A sword that was becoming a part of him, and was amping him.

I mean, DS does well against his heralds.

Spiderman beats his.

Slade has done well against WW without the Godkiller. I could post it.

I dont know why Superman backhanding the staff out of Slade's hand is important. In that same fight Slade dropped Supes for a second in hand to hand.

And yeah, as I conceded, Spiderman has some good showings against powerful opponents.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:19 PM
DarkSaint85

So why should Slade take the majority?

Spiderman beats his opponents. Firelord, obviously.

Slade..... doesn't die against his.

This shows Spideys advantages outweigh Slade's.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:26 PM
Supermutant

Deathstroke vs Spidey is a good fight. I'll probably lean Petey but not by much.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:33 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'll join yours if you join mine? (In the Death Battle: Superman vs Goku thread. smile )

riv hit the nail on the head. The fact of the matter is, what's tossed out as PIS does often come down to opinion.

Slade regularly reacts to/out predicts a Flash: PIS.

Gorgon cuts off YoYo's arms: That's a feat.

No idea why in the court of public opinion, one stands and the other doesn't.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 08:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackspidey2099

Nope. Spider-Man is not only physically superior, but also far superior intellect-wise. Sure, Slade is a great tactician, but Spider-Man is one of the smartest men in Marvel, period.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 10:06 PM
blackspidey2099 is currently offline Click here to Send blackspidey2099 a Private Message Find more posts by blackspidey2099 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Parker's performance against Wolverine is a good indicator of how he would perform against Slade.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:38 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^No it isnt.
Slade and Wolverine fight in completely different manners, and rely/dont rely on equipment.

Make with the red font.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 11:57 PM
Vanguard

So why should Slade take the majority?

Spiderman beats his opponents. Firelord, obviously.

Slade..... doesn't die against his.

This shows Spideys advantages outweigh Slade's.

Slade would take a slight majority because of what I stated in the OP. Better equipment, greater skill, but most importantly the strategy, how he uses his mind in battle.

Slade doesn't come out on top more because of the villain curse. But he's really only failed one contract his whole career. When he fights, its for money or survival, not principle.

He knocks out Green Lanterns for fun.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:32 AM
Vanguard

Originally posted by cdtm
I'll join yours if you join mine? (In the Death Battle: Superman vs Goku thread. smile )

riv hit the nail on the head. The fact of the matter is, what's tossed out as PIS does often come down to opinion.

Slade regularly reacts to/out predicts a Flash: PIS.

Gorgon cuts off YoYo's arms: That's a feat.

No idea why in the court of public opinion, one stands and the other doesn't.

laughing

So I have to join your cause? I like how you negotiate.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:34 AM
LordofBrooklyn

^^^No it isnt.
Slade and Wolverine fight in completely different manners, and rely/dont rely on equipment.

Make with the red font.

SILENCE CRETIN!!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:39 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by blackspidey2099
Nope. Spider-Man is not only physically superior, but also far superior intellect-wise. Sure, Slade is a great tactician, but Spider-Man is one of the smartest men in Marvel, period.

I get what you're saying. But Spidermans brand of intelligence is most useful when prep is involved. Slade is excellent with prep also. Spiderman may be book smarter, but Slade is tactically and strategically smarter. His brain works at optimal ability under stress and fatigue.

While he's fighting, he'll devise a way to use Spidermans advantages against him.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:39 AM
Vanguard

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Parker's performance against Wolverine is a good indicator of how he would perform against Slade.

Don't get me started on Wolverine, PLEASE!!!

The webbing is a b*tch though.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 12:40 AM