KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What Am I Looking At Here?

What Am I Looking At Here?
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

What Am I Looking At Here?

Your weirdest PG comic readings versus my weirdest PG comics readings.

Answer and vote on who presents the best puzzler.

For example here, from Uncanny Avengers, given that Carol Danvers is in deep space:

(please log in to view the image)

Where in the MarvelVerse is this giant octopus coming from?
Why?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:18 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Re: What Am I Looking At Here?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Your weirdest PG comic readings versus my weirdest PG comics readings.

Answer and vote on who presents the best puzzler.

For example here, from Uncanny Avengers, given that Carol Danvers is in deep space:

Where in the MarvelVerse is this giant octopus coming from?
Why?

Why you hateing?

It’s not like dc has space dolphins and shiz.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:34 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Re: What Am I Looking At Here?

Touché! laughing out loud

To be fair, now that you mention the dolphins, I'm recalling Marvel had it's own whale-like creatures called the Acanti flying around. Just wondered if I missed a panel where some Marine animals got sent from Earth or if something else explained earlier in Captain Marvel's series escaped me.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:47 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 09:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Negative Zone has weird squid type aliens, One nearly killed Namor.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 02:08 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Thanks for the input, Stoic.
I'll definitely be doing some Google searches on that episode in the near future.

Next puzzler:

I recognize both Donna Troy and Jesse Quick here, and I've seen this listed in a Donna Troy Respect Thread or two. Rightly so, cause you have to be pretty fast to catch Jesse, and Donna apparently does just that. Unfortunately, like many Respect Threads, they don't provide issue numbers for reference.

Question: From the angle they're hovering at after Jesse is caught by the ankle, it looks like Jesse is supporting her own weight. Was she then, or is she now, able to actually fly? Or is it just the artwork giving that impression?
Dark Saint actually showed me a picture of Kid Flash flying, but, in that case, ridiculous though it sounds, Bart AT LEAST had to move his arms to simulate the action of propeller blades. Jesse seems to be doing nothing but talking. If she CAN fly, how is this explained?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:26 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Bor in issue 4 of Angela. That must have been when they found out the book would be canceled.

"Oh it's a short series, might as well check it out."
"What"

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:33 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Bor in issue 4 of Angela. That must have been when they found out the book would be canceled.

"Oh it's a short series, might as well check it out."
"What"
thumb up that shit was just straight up disrespectful.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:54 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Normally I'm quite good at identifying where pictures of Wonder Woman hail from. I could not recognize the following, however, though it looks a lot like the work of Ed Benes in either JLA or Justice League of America, Volume 2, circa 2006. I thought the character in green pants might be Karate Kid of the Legion of SuperHeroes, who famously fought Batman in JLA and Supergirl besides, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone familiar with the story this scene appears in? Why is Wondy being shot at?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2018 07:22 PM